Photo

Looking to make my comp faster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 DarkFall

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:53 PM

I don't know if this works in CS, but I disabled precaching, and got rid of lag spikes and low FPS in Tactical Ops. But it's based on the Unreal engine and I don't know if other engines use precaching as much. Faster processors don't actually need to precache when you have plenty of ram available.

#22 DeathsGuard

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

I dont think its proprietary...when i looked up the specs it just said maximum ram allowed was 2gb. It never said a specific type of ram

#23 BombeBomb

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:25 PM

Anti-alias is only on 2x...

And i noticed, that dropping the res and graphics will actually lower my fps.. :lol:

Im getting 40+ constantly with high graphics and higher resolution.

What is anti alias,iv been wondering that for days lol? Still its better to buy a new computer for 200$ even. You can get a (dare I say it ewww) dell for 300$

#24 DeathsGuard

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

What about those barebone kits i see on some comp sites like newegg and tigerdirect

#25 Soldaten

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

Bombe since your technically challenged.... Here is what anti aliasing is in a nutshell..

Anti aliasing is a software programmer technique used to smooth out jaggedness. So if your in game and you look up at the moon (in zoom mode) you actually see a circular moon instead of what appears to be a moon with jagged edges (usually in the shape of stairsteps).

Turing AA on will usually reduce your FPS. Even the most high end card will suffer a performance hit if you use it.

-S

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com