Photo

Computer Brands

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ash

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

I would also suggest finding a local computer builder in your area that's been in business 5+ years. Talk to them about their plans to STAY in business for about the next 3 years and then see what types of systems they build. We had a great place just down the road that put together top of the line systems for gamers. I'm a bigger fan of spending the cash and getting a box delivered that is ready to go with no extra crapware on it. Then if you have any problems, you know right who to go to. They will be much more interested in customer service since they are small and will live off of referrals.

What is said 100%

#22 AKAafeks

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:58 AM

If you have a fry's electronics near you just walk into the computer department and let tell the techs how much money you have and what you are trying to accomplish. They can usually get you rolling pretty fast with a nice clean whitebox. Also, there return policy and techs can be pretty good depending on your location.

-- T

#23 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

When I visited my sister in Naperville, Illinois, we stopped at a Fry's, first time I had ever been in one. They had a lot of stuff, their prices were a bit on the high side. Same thing with a local computer store, their overhead is going to be higher than say newegg.com, you are going to pay more to get local support.

#24 AKAafeks

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

....prices were a bit on the high side...

Ouch, ok, Fry's is notoriously cheaper in California... Maybe because it is actually Incredible Universe out there their that it makes the prices higher??? Who would have thought....

-- T

#25 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

I just compared graphics cards, a habit of mine. I thought their prices were reasonable for other things, I remember when I still lived in California my family went to Fry's. It was a while ago though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com