Photo

Moon Servers

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#121 Peanut Butter and Jam

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

met someone on ghetto berlin server.. kept in touch.. played together... decided to try moongamers out... Like the servers and stayed... after that we lost touch lol

#122 apple

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

I downloaded the multiplayer demo from EA (Wake Island) and played it for months and months, absolutely loving it. Then I decided that as I loved it so much it may be a good idea to actually get the game!
So I did, but had problems going multiplayer. I stuck to single player for ages, and when I finally managed to connect to multiplayer games, I looked out for Omaha. Moon servers had a lot of players in (nearly always full) so it looked like a good place to start.

As some others have said, I like the fact that there's not a constant rotation of maps (ie. one round of each map).

I really like the players too, I don't think I've seen many idiots in Moon servers, and the admin do a really good job.

I've moved to playing TDM pretty much all the time now, but people are just too damn good! <_< I can compete with most people, but the top few on the scoreboard totally own me, haha

#123 Donovan for TD

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

My little slice of history. Here we go.

"Borrowed" a copy (I still use the same copy today rofl) from a friend of mine of BF42. Had never played an fps before and decided to give it a go. Played single player mode for a bit and went online. All teh other servers had rotations most landing on boring or long maps like gazala or bulge. Searched for omaha beach because of the intensity of the action. Found wags and the level of skill blew me away. Stayed there became an admin, transfered over to the dark days of FMG, the finally saw the light here with moon when we moved over. Played here ever since.

Wags will always have a special place in my heart as will moon.

Wags4ever

#124 anode

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

I started off playing Doom on Lan parties, then moved to playing Quake 1 on a 14.4 modem, then 28.8 and woohoo: 33.6. Then Unreal99 came out and spent 6 years playing that. Joined an awesome clan of which i am still a member. A bunch of them found BF1942 and played the DC mod so i had to play that but i hated it. Maps were huge and after playing UT99 at 130% speed and 0 gravity with the Zark sniper Mod,the maps were too slow. They were all waiting for BF2 so when that came out i got the demo and loved it. So the day that was released, i bought it. I played that for a while and then the guys in my clan got bored with it but i still loved it. Played at Moders a lot and when i couldn't get in, played at Moon Gamers, but was always on the {CLiPS} TS until killerbob coerced me into joining the MoonGamers TS. Loved it. Then, i heard how admins made killer bucks here, so i applied for JrAdmin and got it. Now i spend hours and hours here raking in the money. Thanks guys.

PS: i am kidding about the money: It's really that i am here because i have made so many friends here. I love getting into TS and sometimes i can't even play a game for quite a while because i get involved with conversations in other channels just dropping by to say hello. Who in their right mind can say that just because this is the internet, you can't bond? Everyone who spends even just a bit of time here with an open mind will meet SOMEONE they can communicate with and formulate a relationship of some type with. Let's kep it growing.

#125 KILLER BOB

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

Then, i heard how admins made killer bucks here, so i applied for JrAdmin and got it. Now i spend hours and hours here raking in the money. Thanks guys.

Hold up! We get a paycheck?!? When did that start?

I forgot to include the part of my story about when I joined TS. Everyone welcomed me when I first joined, especially lin, who I thank for enticing me to stay on TS, even though most of the people thought that I was a disabled vet or a retiree or something. Boy, did they get a rude awakening :D

#126 Why Two Kay

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

Then, i heard how admins made killer bucks here, so i applied for JrAdmin and got it. Now i spend hours and hours here raking in the money. Thanks guys.

Hold up! We get a paycheck?!? When did that start?

The Sr Admins get double the standard admin pay.

2 x 0 = 0

#127 Axewhipe

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

I started playing Doom 3 & I loved online mode so I kept playing & playing (i actualy PWNed unlike CSS). I overheard people talking about a game called "counter-strike:source" Im like, wtf is that? I find out what it is & get it. I was a n00b and played on random servers & later find out what "add to favorites" means I play on servers & come to this server & I kept playing here. :coo:

#128 ropadope

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

I started on moon when........ (About November 2004)

My brother got a steam account and had counter-strike source on it. like most of the stuff he gets i got addicted to playing it, moongamers was the first server i played on and i just kept coming back until it was the only server i played on. I then moved to the CS:S2 server when we had 2 server with many people from ADC(local clan of moongamers) such as axe, radeon, n00b, and all those people that played in that -.MR.- clan that kept changing its name.

Then i took about a 4 month break because i started high school and that took up most of my time with sports and homework. But when i came back so many of the people i knew went missing and so much had happened with the starting of counter striker reg's and what not. But now i am a proud CS:S reg today and that is my story

#129 davidh

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

fall of '04 bought 1942. i found out the many wonders of TDM. the tickets go up, instead of down, and the game itself lasts like 5 times as long. I played on the only 3 omaha TDM servers. Bugs, moders, and moon. i usually stuck with moders, untill this weird hack came out. it was called the 1.61 patch. i had no clue what a patch was and that to play online, you had to have the latest updates. well, moon was the only tdm server that didn't patch the server, so i ended up playing here. bought CS:S in march of '05, haven't stoped since.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

Well I started playing on Wag's server which was the most fun server I had played on in a long time after doing compeition game play. The server shut down and I started competition back up again, but soon got bored of it and missed the beach so I did a search and I found MoonGamers and thought to my self maybe this server has something in common with Wags and sure enough I was right. Ever since then i've always played here.

#131 Topher

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

My story is not as lengthy nor as interesting as others' :-/

I started playing BF1942 this month
i dont have the history or anything ^_^
before in BF i played Quake III, DF2, and Civilization III
Quake III was a sweet ride, but when "Dink's Mods" server closed down, TexanNoGhost got too easy and too boring way too quick
soooo i went back in time and resumed playing DF2 which is still a marvel for how many players play it. Needless to say that game got old with glitchers and hackers...
soooooo a change of genre was at order, Civilization III is a great game.... untill you figure out the AI then it gets old and easy
Now i'm stuck at BF, maps suck, but i like omaha because the other maps loose my attention, omaha is action, soo i looked through for omaha games, and moongamers Conq came up
thats convienent omaha (fav) conq (prev fav)
Lin came to me one day while i was on the server and invited me to teamspeak, fablous!
Ta-Da now im in the fourms
:-D FIRST POST :-D

#132 Comet

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

Welcome Topher. Why don't you make a second post introducing yourself in the> Battlefield Community>General Discussion:BF1942 area of forum, I'm sure some members would like to welcome you here.

#133 Lin

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

w00t! Welcome Topher!

#134 anode

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

I'd also like to add that one day i came here because my cable was down and i couldn't watch TV.
(Clears throaut like an old guy who's been smoking cigarettes since before rolling papers were invented...)
I have read each and every post in this thread. Awesome. Kinda makes you feel like there's something here that means something important that you can't quite put into words. Thanks everyone.

#135 Hammer

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:30 PM

Welcome topher! I'v already had the pleasure of playing with you in game and i hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.
Anyway, my journy into bf1942 started bout 2 1/2 years ago. I was over at my friends house one day, a friend that i woln't mention *cough*Macgyver*cough* anywho, we were bored and he told me about this sweet game on his new computer...bf1942. So I got on his computer and he was on his brother's and we played online for 5 hours straight. At this time we were playing on FMG because i didn't know moon existed and i guess neither did he....so after i left i didn't play for mabye 4 months until one day Mac ccalled me up and told me he bought the game for me on ebay for $1.50!! It arrived the next week expansion packs and all and when i learded FMG went down i asked mac and he said he found this great new place to play called moongamers...everything from then on is history. :D

#136 Axewhipe

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

and as ropadope says, I started on CS2 on ADC clan & learned about CS1

#137 iceman0684

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

I bought this game on January 8th 2006 and, I went from server to server just playing and having a good time. However, do to the fact that I was in my last semester in college I stopped playing at around February until I finished school. When I started playing again back in June or July I realize that the moon server was always full and enjoyed the game play and started noticing regular players.
During that time I was unaware of the mec uncap rule and use the cobra to destroy the havoc on the mec base and received a four day ban (yes many of us have been there). However, I join the forums and put an unban request and also join Team Speak. At that time I just fell in love with this community and the players I have met since that time. I honestly believe that if you are looking to have fun, meet new people, discuss game play, or just come in to relax on team speak without playing this is the place for you. Also, aside from TS there are many topics on the forums that range from going on vacation to “can I please be unban" lol.
Therefore, this community is comprised of people from all around the world which gives each person a chance to look at things from a different perspective and, share ideas with each other. And, I will say that opportunities such as these are rare and this is why I would consider MoonGamers very unique.

-Jason(IceMan)

#138 DAN_DALY

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

Here's my story-

I bought 1942 for my son in Dec 2004 and I've been playing ever since. I seriously think the Surgeon General should have put some warning label on about how addictive it could be! My online play started with the 60 player PAGN server. There was always alot of players on and that's what makes it exciting. After a few months the Admin seemed to develop a serious attitude problem with most of the people on the server, so I dropped PAGN like a hot potato.

While on PAGN I remembered someone mentioning that they usually play Moongamers Mostly Omaha, I went in and checked it out, liked what I experienced and deceided to stay. Believe me when I say the pleasure has truly been mine! :lol:

#139 RockyTop

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

I was over at Col. Sander's (Brett's Medic) house on Thanksgiving of 2005. He wanted to show me this new game he got for his computer. So I went over to his house to check it out. He was on CQ and I loved Omaha and I loved everything about the game. I bought the game sometime in December 2005. I have enjoyed MoonGamers ever since. I love the friendly players and admins at MoonGamers! :) :applaud:

#140 VetteDude

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

I came here from FMG after Wag's went offline. FMG had shut down its BF42 server because of lack of traffic and I didn't really like hanging around their BF2, plus they seemed not to have their priorities in order, so I decided to check out Moon. I've been here ever since :)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com