Photo

moving Battlefield 1942 to a new computer?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Carlos Danger

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

anyone know how to move bf1942 to a new computer?  my regular computer with an Orgin-

installed  bf1942  version died.   I tried copying the whole file structure to a another computer but when joining a game,  I get a CD error?    I didn't think about copying the registry!..... Anyone got any ideas about how to get this working on a new computer?

#2 shavo

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

anyone know how to move bf1942 to a new computer?  my regular computer with an Orgin-

installed  bf1942  version died.   I tried copying the whole file structure to a another computer but when joining a game,  I get a CD error?    I didn't think about copying the registry!..... Anyone got any ideas about how to get this working on a new computer?

WInxp? win7?

• To open registry, go to Start and select Run.
  • Type regedit in the window and click "OK".

Check: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\ergc]

to see if it is blank.

#3 Carlos Danger

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the help

The currently dead, old computer ran Windows Vista, the "New" computer is running Windows 7.

There are no entries for Electronic Arts software in the registry

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Why don't you just reinstall it? It might save you a lot of effort.

• shavo likes this

#5 Carlos Danger

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

Well this install is the origin free install of  2012 and I don't think that will work anymore.  (I did have the original CDs back in 2003. butI lost the CDs years ago.)

I'm pretty sure that the problem with the regular computer is the power supply and I will probably be able to fix it soon  but the PC is really old and I am going to face this issue eventually even if I can bring my old computer back to life for now

#6 shavo

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

If I recall correctly when I used Origin, after a year went by it asked me to verify I owned the game and add my CDKEY, so I ditched Origin. If I am wrong sorry but I didn't have any other game on this PC.

Use POSI's download links and install the game that way. Then go back and take the old drive out and recover the keys by attaching it to the new computer and scanning it with; "Easy Recovery Professional" or the "Key Finder Changer".

Whats wrong with the old comp besides it has Pukvistacrap on it?

#7 Carlos Danger

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

Someone posted a patch that bypassed Origin so I never got asked for a CD key.... That's really crappy if they actually made it ask for a CD key after they had first given it away and then made it official abandoned all together,

I do have some seldom memory crashes but the old computer  mostly works. (when it has a functioning power supply)  

I know that all mechanical devices, such as disk drives  eventually fail  and I have heard that  semiconductors eventual  begin to have logic failures too.   Everything in the physical world eventually succumbs to entropy

#8 Grassy

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

http://www.amazon.co...C/dp/B000BFPAPY

#9 shavo

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

First, thats a great price but who the hell would buy one used? LOL... What if you get a key thats BANNED! The link you posted is Electronic Arts so its legit.

Second Grassy, anyone ever tell ya that your avatar looks like Dave Meniketti from Y&T ? There are one of my favorite all time bands growing up. I saw them in the bay area while on shore leave at the "Day on the Green" in 1985. They were awesome!

May I present Dave!:

920x920.jpg

#10 Carlos Danger

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:03 AM

I tried installing Origin on the new "new" computer and since I had downloaded  bf 1942 using Origin in 2012, 

Happily I was able to download it again from Origin since it was in my past purchases list!   I then got Bf1942 to run after installing that last patch that replaces the Gamespy server list and setting Win98 compatibility mode. :hap3:

I no longer have the installs for Road to Rome and Secret Weapons and I cant find my CDs  so I will have to try registry hacks if I want to get those to work again....unless someone has some helpful tips   ;)

#11 Grassy

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:23 PM

LOL!! great pic!!  I get that an Robert Plant alot..lolol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com