Photo

TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Detroit

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

There are players that are incredibly good at this game.   Those who become really good tend to be on the same team.  I call it  covert team stacking.   There are two players Angelito and /-/-/-/-/-/  .  Both are very good pilots.  Always seem to be on the same team.   It gets to the point where you are paralyzed and cannot move without getting bombed by one or the other.   They are simply taking the fun out of a game. 

• -=TheTroopeR=-, Grinch and shavo like this

#2 Rubulator

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

When this happens I would encourage you to find alternate ways of getting to flags. I've played against both of them at the same time as well. It creates a challenge. Since controlling stacking is almost impossible with autoswitch and team(allied/axis) preferences. Embrace the challenge. There are ways to win the round even though your KDR may look aweful. Sometimes they have great air but the ground game is lacking... Find the holes... War is not fair. You will sometimes face insurmountable odds. Trying to find ways to counter those odds will make you a better player...

• Captain John H. Miller, Pitcher and Escaped Mental Patient like this

#3 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

look on the brightside,they are bringing the action to you. no walking all the way across the map to be killed.its right there as you spawn.

• mistamontiel and Spare Parts like this

#4 Renlist

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

How does a team get "stacked"  on a server with auto balance set to on?   I keep seeing a reminder message not to stack the teams.

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:55 AM

How does a team get "stacked"  on a server with auto balance set to on?   I keep seeing a reminder message not to stack the teams.

You got 2 teams, 50-50 to get on each side. If one of two pilots is on red, the other pilot has a 50% chance to get on red. This is no rocket science.

If there are 3 pilots, 2 on red, the 3rd still has a 50% chance to be on red. Chance they are all on the same (correct me if I'm wrong) .50x.50= .25 = 25% chance all 3 pilots are on the same side from the start.

During the game autobalance can switch the 3rd pilot to the 'stacked' side. It does not always mean they are stacking on purpose (not saying it doesn't happen).

#6 Dr. Detroit

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:00 AM

@ Captain John H. Miller

Auto balance does not necessarily work as expected.  It merely keeps the same number of players on each team.  It is easily circumvented with patience.  They rarely get killed so auto balance is moot. 

It seems peculiar that both players seem to be on the same team.  They both have great piloting skills, are they afraid to go head to head ?      

Most importantly - my notes here are not intended to disparage anyone.     Just to be clear my notes are not intended to disparage anyone.

I  am not making any accusation or hackusations .

What I am saying is, hey, your duo of dominance  is making the game not fun.    I hope they read this thread.    I am not the only person with this view.

If LiFi and Angelito and /-/-/-/-/-/  all team up together as pilots......... then auto balance would come into play for all of the remaining players.  Shavo is pretty good pilot also......

Once again, I am not disparaging anyone - perhaps covert complimenting  :)  

@Zap Rowsdower   I did chuckle on your resolve  :)

As for a KDR - mine is so bad I'm happy to have a 1:1 ratio  :)    Most importantly, I just want to have fun, not constant frustration.  

• Zap Rowsdower, Grinch and CroCop50 like this

#7 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

unfortunately I`ve seen Regulars and Admins do same.  

Somehow got to same team and pound the other side,  w less experience players and making server start to empty,  and continue careless if they end with few gamers.

I have left server many times due to this that Dr. Detroit states here, together with camping be lowed, this are worst issues for server population. 

Not mentioning Admin that change in game nick ho hide himself.

Troop

• Grinch likes this

#8 Grassy

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Your frustrations will be discussed in the admin forums and we will see perhaps if we can up with something.

#9 Angerfist

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'd like to add that, on Liberation of Caen, and sadly on a regular basis, the better infantry players team up on Allies, cap out the Axis in five minutes. Then Axis gets camped into that south river base for the rest of the round.

This is really taking the fun out of the game.

Take my post as serious as you want.

• -=TheTroopeR=-, Pitcher and shavo like this

#10 Bot

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:09 AM

Just going to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I think alot of these frustrations (at least regarding 'pilot stacking'- I think Anger is out of luck on Caen) stem from the issue of base attack. Base attack removes a team's ability to effectively combat 'enemy' vehicles and planes by removing a team's only means of doing so - their own vehicles and aircraft. From a pilots perspective, getting ganged up on is irritating; yet it can also be a fun challenge- that one time you turn the tables on your multiple attackers and shoot them down is enough to make up for getting shot down 10 times. However, being killed on takeoff for 45 minutes really sucks the fun out of the game. Now, I am aware that any suggestion of an anti-basecamp/ death bubble rule will fall on deaf ears. However, I would suggest that a different attitude towards basecamping should be adopted by the admin staff. Instead of encouraging/ turning a blind eye to/ participating in basecamping, as is now the norm, admins should make it clear that such behavior has a negative effect the server population and severely diminishes the enjoyment of other players. Perhaps a process of warning and kicking could be adopted, whereby players who repeatedly do nothing other than attack main bases could be warned to change up their behavior and, failing that, kicked / temp banned. This would still allow players to occasionally attack enemy mains, but would promote a better, more fair and more skilled gameplay on the server by preventing players from continually doing nothing but trolling the enemy main.

To summarize, it is my belief that continual 'baserape' (which is all that players like Angelito and '/-/-/-/-/' do) causes more frustration to players and harms the server population more than just 'teamstacking', and it is my opinion that the admin staff should start taking a more active role in discouraging such behavior. This isn't a competitive match, it's a public server, and players should consider that fact when they join the game.

But hey, maybe I'm just another whiner who should 'get gud or go to simple /ax' , because 'camping is for real men'.

• Javs likes this

#11 shavo

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

Bot i hear ya on this and I partially agree with you but let me tell ya this; I was on TS with CJM not to long ago while something like this was happening and he said someone thing to me I wont forget.

"Thats the thrill of it, tying to be a better player than that pilot and fight your way out"

He also said forget getting the plane, get the spawns. He was right, I kept spawning for a plane [died 20+ times] but I could have easier got to a flag, went to their main and stole a tank. Then the pilot would have to fight the spawns and leave mains.... Being base raped is a challenge when your a victim but the idea to team stack is not allowed. If admins see if when the map loads [players switching], they take action. I have seen it personally.

My own personal thought is this to;

1. If the pilot is that good, he should enjoy a good dogfight, not just raping. Is the high score really that important? No.

2. Some pilots do this to drive people away from MoonGamers. {IMHO] so dont let them make you leave.

• -=TheTroopeR=- and Grinch like this

#12 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

Bot i hear ya on this and I partially agree with you but let me tell ya this; I was on TS with CJM not to long ago while something like this was happening and he said someone thing to me I wont forget.

"Thats the thrill of it, tying to be a better player than that pilot and fight your way out"

He also said forget getting the plane, get the spawns. He was right, I kept spawning for a plane [died 20+ times] but I could have easier got to a flag, went to their main and stole a tank. Then the pilot would have to fight the spawns and leave mains.... Being base raped is a challenge when your a victim but the idea to team stack is not allowed. If admins see if when the map loads [players switching], they take action. I have seen it personally.

My own personal thought is this to;

1. If the pilot is that good, he should enjoy a good dogfight, not just raping. Is the high score really that important? No.

2. Some pilots do this to drive people away from MoonGamers. {IMHO] so dont let them make you leave.

I must have some serious case of amnesia  :huh:

• -=TheTroopeR=- and shavo like this

#13 Bot

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

I understand your point, however - i think it is a pretty sad state of affairs when the pilot trying to drive you away from the game is a senior admin. The reason I continue to spawn for a plane is that constantly camping me prevents the pilot from properly supporting his team. Everyone should be able to play the game they want, but if a pilot is only interested in bombing ground targets and does not want to deal with another competent pilot then they should go play single player and bomb all the AI they want. Competition is part of the game and people should accept that instead of just going for cheap kills and driving players away.

• Grinch and CroCop50 like this

#14 shavo

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

Captain John H. Miller Posted Today, 01:40 PM

I must have some serious case of amnesia  :huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------

-- i was longer than 6 months ago. It was you Squirrel and Mental. Your so winded on TS you cant remember everything! :rofl2:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bot Posted Today, 01:41 PM

"I understand your point, however - i think it is a pretty sad state of affairs when the pilot trying to drive you away from the game is a senior admin."

-- HUH?

#15 Steve2112

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

I find this discussion EXTREMELY encouraging! From both player and admin perspective. It is VERY refreshing to see a player concern so eloquently and respectfully presented, and the admins take it with some seriousness. I have a lot to learn from it.

I look at it like it SHOULD be like a pick up game or street league. A "captain" from each team will pick a player. They know who the strong players are...and they get divvied up FIRST. I always thought "seeding" takes that into consideration? It makes for a good game or league.  "Auto Balance" sounds like a good thing but it puts this balance in jeopardy. Then add in a team preference function and things get...er squirrelly.

If people would play in the spirit of the game....this probably wouldn't happens as much. For example capture or protect the flags rather than have fun loop bombing the crap out of the air field or an uncap. But with computer and internet advantages...and yes,, player skill...it does make it very not fun.

I do applaud the OP and Moongamers for this kind of discussion.

#16 Renlist

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

You got 2 teams, 50-50 to get on each side. If one of two pilots is on red, the other pilot has a 50% chance to get on red. This is no rocket science.

If there are 3 pilots, 2 on red, the 3rd still has a 50% chance to be on red. Chance they are all on the same (correct me if I'm wrong) .50x.50= .25 = 25% chance all 3 pilots are on the same side from the start.

During the game autobalance can switch the 3rd pilot to the 'stacked' side. It does not always mean they are stacking on purpose (not saying it doesn't happen).

I don't play as pilot that often, expect El Alemein where the plane spawn times are drastically reduced.  I'm still reading back your chalk board of an explanation. Getting there. Is there another formula for no pilot maps?

#17 gregefc

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

Get good and kill them.
  • dodgem, Angerfist and Pitcher like this

#18 Angerfist

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:10 AM

Get good and kill them.

Now that's a statement ! Good guy Greg FTW !

One love bro

• gregefc likes this

#19 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'd like to add that, on Liberation of Caen, and sadly on a regular basis, the better infantry players team up on Allies, cap out the Axis in five minutes. Then Axis gets camped into that south river base for the rest of the round.

This is really taking the fun out of the game.

Take my post as serious as you want.

Ive seen this also,  I have fight my brain out as infantary defending last flag, even w ping 190 and did not quit, but at some point fun end and become like a torture.  I have visited less my loved moongamers due to all this. 

#20 Grassy

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just going to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I think alot of these frustrations (at least regarding 'pilot stacking'- I think Anger is out of luck on Caen) stem from the issue of base attack. Base attack removes a team's ability to effectively combat 'enemy' vehicles and planes by removing a team's only means of doing so - their own vehicles and aircraft. From a pilots perspective, getting ganged up on is irritating; yet it can also be a fun challenge- that one time you turn the tables on your multiple attackers and shoot them down is enough to make up for getting shot down 10 times. However, being killed on takeoff for 45 minutes really sucks the fun out of the game. Now, I am aware that any suggestion of an anti-basecamp/ death bubble rule will fall on deaf ears. However, I would suggest that a different attitude towards basecamping should be adopted by the admin staff. Instead of encouraging/ turning a blind eye to/ participating in basecamping, as is now the norm, admins should make it clear that such behavior has a negative effect the server population and severely diminishes the enjoyment of other players. Perhaps a process of warning and kicking could be adopted, whereby players who repeatedly do nothing other than attack main bases could be warned to change up their behavior and, failing that, kicked / temp banned. This would still allow players to occasionally attack enemy mains, but would promote a better, more fair and more skilled gameplay on the server by preventing players from continually doing nothing but trolling the enemy main.

To summarize, it is my belief that continual 'baserape' (which is all that players like Angelito and '/-/-/-/-/' do) causes more frustration to players and harms the server population more than just 'teamstacking', and it is my opinion that the admin staff should start taking a more active role in discouraging such behavior. This isn't a competitive match, it's a public server, and players should consider that fact when they join the game.

But hey, maybe I'm just another whiner who should 'get gud or go to simple /ax' , because 'camping is for real men'.

Not sure about a death bubble...however this very topic is being discussed among the staff, 

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com