Photo
- - - - -

Auto balancer is completely broken

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gutlessVADER

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Whenever our server is near full or full, the best player on the winning team gets swapped to the losing team. This has happened to me several times, and is particularly annoying when I've spent the past two hours seeding the server and am having a fun time with Moonies. The second week after BF4 launched, I explained to Archemedies how something similar had happened to me while playing on another server, and I still remember the name of it and will never play there again. Please do not turn Moongamers into a community that punishes good players, and change the autobalancer to last team joiner.

#2 BOVA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

Vader is not the only one complaining about this issue. Other players in team speak are voicing complaints over this issue also.
Most of us feel that the person that should be balanced is the last team joiner. Players that come into the server are complaining about how the team balancer is balancing our server.
We need to do something about this.
It is affecting the server and player base.

#3 Lazymaniac1

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for bring this up guys I didn't realize we still had issues with the balancer.

#4 Randigar

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Thanks guys I will make sure core is notified of the situatation

#5 gutlessVADER

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thank you for your responses :) What most of the Moonies have been doing to get around it for a while is press backspace to bring up BattleLog in-game and join off a friend in the same server, which reloads them into the game and forces them onto their friend's team, balancing some unfortunate player who usually gets upset in the chat.

#6 Archemedies

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Briefly, thanks for the post, however we have had several meetings on how the balancer works. If you missed this or one of the many meetings or discussions or still do not understand I will have to have a conversation about this with anyone but you will need to dedicate some considerable time & patience & listen with open ears!

If I ever get time I will try to write this up but keep in mind this is a very confusing subject.

The balancer we use is no different than anyone else uses or even the one we used in BF3. It can still be tweaked & it has been but you have to understand several key points & accept these rules the balancer uses before one can begin to understand.

let me just say this, BF4 is completely squad driven, larger squads with the ability to join on a friend either in the current round or the next round & this balancer has to contend with this prediction by interpolation.

It also relies on the point average & skill level on each player (not the KDR or THE RANK)!
Including time delays.

If an admin attempts to move a player to soon they will screw up the balancer predictions & it will have to wait up to 10 minutes or a (special event) to occur before it steps in I.E. people leave in droves.

Blaming Moon or any other community because of some free utility & let me add that there are extremely few choices, for a balancer & a game that is fraught with issues is unfair.

#7 BOVA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for your reply and explanation Arch.

#8 gutlessVADER

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

So I take it the "Balance last team joiner" option is not going to be enabled any time soon? Your explanation has cleared up a lot of things about the plugin you are using, but I am sure I'm not alone when I say I prefer the last team joiner option.

#9 Lin

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

If you have any informtion on other autobalance options (i.e., plugins) could you please post them here? We could review them and discuss.

#10 CrDraggin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

Info on the plugin is here.
https://forum.myrcon...1-0-19-FEB-2014

I will not say it is completely broken, but definitely intrusive and punishes the best player. We can review the settings and tweak when it balances, how it balances, to what weight, and many other things. Please be patient and we can try and look it over and correct. The other problem that we typically run into and why we added the plugin is when one team is dominating, players leave for the reason to. In these situations, we have to think of a middle ground. I have been switched too, it very annoying when you have good teamwork all round long and 250 tickets left you get changed.

Thank for the input Gutless

#11 Archemedies

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Lazy & I spent several evenings actually reading this plug-in page.

All settings that have been changed are logged & are in the Sr admin section under the namesake. Members were polled & the plugin was explained several times. Sr's were asked to become part of the Plugin & or Plugin committee & to sign up for access in the Sr admin area.
Only Randigar signed up at the time.

This left Myself & Lazy, Usha.
An all admin / member TS meeting was held & this was in the topic. Decisions about adjustments were made based on a combination of what the players agreed & what was possible at that time considering the knowledge I had on hand & abilities.
Additional tweaks were expected.

As I had written in Sr forums I shall again re-iterate, if anyone wishes to make a change they must sign up, then post their change to the appropriate area in SR forum. It's important to track changes or we will run into issues & or forget what did work & didn't.

If you have any suggestions please post them, however a suggestion must be based on what the plugin can do & the language it uses. You cant be vague and it can't do something its not designed to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com