Photo

Network KVM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 posi

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

Why for are you dumping the 21" ? If your just giving it away and no takers ...

Pick me !!!

#22 Ca$$hern

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

Well I asked some guys in my IT dept. They said to check out http://www.raritan.com/ I guess its expensive stuff, but they said to check for 3rd party suppliers.

#23 Why Two Kay

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

Err, for the 10th time, I'm looking for software solutions, not hardware.

#24 posi

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:08 AM

Back to the important stuff.

Free 21" Monitors !!

#25 ShtThRgMn

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:43 PM

Mainly you are going to find hardware solutions not software. I’m surprised that you were able to find the KaVoom software (I’ll have to check it out).

I can tell you how you can do this without the addition of additional software, that is with a couple of assumptions (namely the OS you‘re using is XP).

On the system that has no monitor enable remote management (note: the logon you use has to be a local administrator). Next on the system you have the monitor, open “mstsc.exe” (MS Terminal Services). Type in the IP of the “no monitor” system and you will get the logon screen for that system. This is similar to VNC but I like it better, plus it is full screen with a little place holder tab at the top. You should be able to switch between the remote screen and the local screen relatively fast. However, I've not tested this running a program like BF2.

Another option for BF2 is to modify the shortcut icon. Copy the shortcut then modify it. In the shortcut properties change the target entry where you see “+fullscreen 1” to “+fullscreen 0”. This will run BF2 in a window which leaves the rest of your desktop open for all your other applications. This takes away something from the game, in my opinion.

If your interested in a simple hardware solution that uses a keyboard key stroke to switch between the two systems, let me know.

#26 Why Two Kay

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:45 PM

No, I don't want a VNC/Remote Desktop type solution. I could just keep VNC and use it's fullscreen option, but I want a KVM like change over. Meaning everything keeps it's current state on the one computer, but the graphics switches over. KaVoom does this well, just not in CS:S. BF1942 and BF2 work fine.

I was only posting to see if anybody knows of something like this, it looks like it doesn't exist. Other than KaVoom.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com