Photo

Help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zer0

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

Is there another patch, for service pack 2, or anything for xp........because when i try to run 1942 on my other computer...its really choppy then it just kicks me from the server, everything is up todate, pb.......everything got both patches...thanks.

#2 TheOriginalEnder

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

Your a little behind the times if your still on SP2 with XP. SP3 has been out for a good 6 months now. Might want to see about getting it. Next Question is the game running choppy or is it just the game start lagging out so bad you get kicked?

#3 zer0

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

just the game start lagging out so bad you get kicked.

#4 UnDead

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

Make sure you dont have two of the same games running it will lag! Hope you get it fixs!

#5 Warrior124

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

I never use XP3. For some odd reason XP3 always crashes my pc, and I have to revert back to XP2. :banned:

#6 TheOriginalEnder

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

SP3 is funny like that, it works on 95% or so SP2 computers, But there are just some it will not work on.

If yours still haveing issues might want to test your latency and loss by doing a ping test. See instructions below.
Also make sure no one else in the house hold is watching like youtube vids in the house or anything that is high bandwidth intensive.

1.Open the command prompt
XP - Start, Run, Type in "cmd" with out the Quotes and click ok
Vista - Start, In the start search type "cmd" without the quotes, a result will come up above where you typed it in that say cmd, Click on that.

2. Type the following right where it is at, with out the quotes
"ping www.google.com -t"

3. Wait for the whole screen to get covered in these. *Note the numbers will vary*
Reply from 66.102.1.99: bytes=32 time=38ms TTL=238

4. While holding [Ctrl] press [C] and something like this should pop up
Ping statistics for 66.102.1.99:
Packets: Sent = 15, Received = 15, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 34ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 36ms

5. Check % loss.
This should only be 0-2% If it is higher than that run the test for a longer period of time like 10 minutes and see if it dose the same thing, if it dose contact your ISP.

6. Checking Latency
Look at the Average. It should be 100-150 or less depending on your service. Cable will typically be 50-60, and dsl 80-100. These will vary some depending on where you are located in comparison to Googles servers, but if they are over 150 there is likely something wrong and you should contact your ISP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com