Photo

Simple Intro

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rescue9 {† EG}

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hey all.

I figured I'd best post a simple intro about myself for reasons described below. I'm Rescue, a 38 yo guy from western Kentucky, USA. I've been gaming for over 25 years, and playing DOD since beta 1.3b (mid 2001). I am a founding member of a Christian based clan that also supports DOD, as well as BF3, BC2, Minecraft, and more. I work as a firefighter, so I get to game quite a bit.

My son, age 4, has been pestering me to death to let him game. I told him that I'd setup a computer for him when he turned 5, but he wouldn't stop bugging me and I couldn't take it any more. Figure his birthday is in a couple months so I set him up with an old server I had laying around. He's getting the hang of it, but still has trouble figuring out who to shoot at.

Your servers are populated more than ours are (people have migrated away from DOD), so he's here more than anywhere else. When we found the server we were on the kustom server (FF on) so you can imagine how that went. Anyway, his name is Blitzfire so if you see him in game and he's being bothersome, please feel free to shoot me a message through here if necessary. I'll also pop in TS every now and then when he's on to make sure he's not being a pain.

Thanks for the wonderful server.

#2 Lin

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Welcome to MoonGamers!

We'll try to watch for him and keep the server G rated when he's in. As I'm sure you know...we can't catch everything, especially if no admins are on, so if you run into any problems, please let us know.

And thank you for your service!

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Welcome to the forums Rescue!
It was fun yesterday!

#4 ski

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think it is wonderful that your son is playing DOD, I remember when my son started playing 11yrs ago...Ok now I feel older...

As Lin has stated all ready, I will also make sure if I see him on that we keep the server "G" rated.

Welcome to the community.

#5 Thumper

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Now that, my friends,is a responsible parent! Welcome to the group Rescue.

#6 SgtTweek

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Welcome to you and your son. :)

#7 LeadPaint

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'll keep an eye out for him. I started Quake 1 when I was 9. And I'm always looking to train some riflemen...

Edit:
I would just like to add that I have seen him in the server. It was on harbor, and things went ok except for one disruptive name. He didn't cause any problems at all, no one said anything about him atleast, and I did spec him from time to time.
A thought would be maybe set him on the classics. Doom would be a good first layer, add in vertical mouse movements later.

#8 Rescue9 {† EG}

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Edit:
I would just like to add that I have seen him in the server. It was on harbor, and things went ok except for one disruptive name. He didn't cause any problems at all, no one said anything about him atleast, and I did spec him from time to time.

Sorry it took me so long to get back online... programming project for finals occupied a bunch of my time. I appreciate the understanding. I still get a smile on my face when he actually gets a legitimate kill. I'm not worried about the text so much as he can't read yet. The voice is the only thing we try to monitor closely. I voice_enable set off unless I'm sitting next to him. He picks up enough bad habits from me... I sure don't need him learning how to scream obscenities like some of the 12 yo's that I've seen.

#9 LeadPaint

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Oh alright then, very nice. I try to warn the server to keep it PG when I see his name come up, and most people have respected that.

I saw him get the jump on someone when we were on Argentan. Rifling at that... I wanted to gloat for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com