Photo

Computer Brands

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 M.Ahles

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

I was wondering what are the best computer companys to go through. My computer got attacked by a virus and can not be fixed because it would cost as much to fix it as just to get a new computer. If anyone could help me that would be nice. I do have a computerr i am running TeamSpeak client out of but it is only as follows:
1.0GHz Celron Intel
256MB ram
80GB Hard drive
Which will not PLAY ANYTHING.
Thanks For The HELP DaleJR#88 or AKA MIKE

#2 Racer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

Your computer could be reformatted and your programs reinstalled alot cheaper than buying a new one.

I personally have always had good luck with Dell. You can call them and specify what you will be using your computer for and have it built for your needs. (I'm sure they all do that now though). You can also go to either/or BestBuy and Staples to buy one. They have GeekSquads that will come to your home and make repairs if needed. Some people build their own, but if theres a problem, theres no one to blame or call. :)

As far as I'm concerned, its 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another. Everyone has had good/bad experiences with all brands.

#3 Dark Lancer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

Dell is very good brand.

I don't recommend HP however. They make good printers, but that's about it.

#4 Stormy{CAN}

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

http://www.windowsxp...dexfullpage.htm

Start with reading that to find out just how easy it is to install Windows. The only thing you will have to find is drivers for all your hardware, which we can help with.

They have GeekSquads that will come to your home and make repairs if needed.

Racer I honestly and truly hope you are kidding with that statement. I wouldn't let those ripoff artists within 20" of a computer; you would get better results from a trained chimp. Oh and to have one of them come to your home and re-install Windows will cost you $249.00,

http://www.geeksquad...ng/default.aspx

#5 Racer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

http://www.windowsxp...dexfullpage.htm

Start with reading that to find out just how easy it is to install Windows. The only thing you will have to find is drivers for all your hardware, which we can help with.

They have GeekSquads that will come to your home and make repairs if needed.

Racer I honestly and truly hope you are kidding with that statement. I wouldn't let those ripoff artists within 20" of a computer; you would get better results from a trained chimp. Oh and to have one of them come to your home and re-install Windows will cost you $249.00,

http://www.geeksquad...ng/default.aspx

The geeks in my area must be geekier than your geeks. My geeks are truly pro geeks. :) What costs more ? $249 or a new computer ? :)

#6 mrpacs

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

I suggest that you build your own PC. MUCH less expensive and usually faster. Good luck!

#7 bogeydeadsix

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

If you got the money XPS or Alienware

#8 Jac3624

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Stay away from Gateway. They screwed mew over once and that's all it took.

They sold me a PC for $1000, a month later I got a catalog from tigerdirect and they where selling it for $350.

#9 M.Ahles

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Thanks all for your help. But most of you have said to cal people to fix it i will list the companies that i called:
GeekSqaud
Dell-Brand of computer
PcHandyman-local computer guy
Circuity City Help Line
and many more
GeekSqaud charged me $100 to tell me it was a virus. The type of virus was a TROJAN and ate everything i had on it. They told me as follows:
Swipe Hard Drive
Clean Hard Drive Out
Reload WinXP HE (when i had professional)
This will cost through GeekSquad (keeping in mind they charged me $100 already): for everthing to be replaced: $250
Dell (dumb idiots says it isnt covered under warrenty): $400
PcHandyman: $350
Circuity City: UNKNOWN
Also i have had this computer for 2 years also. Dell has the warrenty on it still but they are dumber than a box of rocks and say unable to cover it. SO DELL IS OUT OF THE PICTURE.
I will look at the companys you guys told me.
I HATE COMPUTERS LMAO!!!!!!!!!
It was a nice computer to as follows:
Intel Core 2 Duel 3.0GHz
GeForce 8300GTS 512MB video card
150GB Sandisk Hard Drive
650 watt power supply
2GB RAM
SO THANKS I DO NEED MORE TYPE OF BRANDS SO I CAN GET A GOOD IDEA OF PRICES..

#10 Racer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

A anti-virus program thats better than the one you have might also be a good investment. :)

btw, how ya like the way that Jr is running now ? Now that he races for/with Jeff Gordon ! :)

#11 papaspud2142

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

I bought my pc from cyberpower. They will build it to your configs and at a price less than you can go and buy the parts. It also comes with a 3 year warranty. They burn them in for 72 hours before you get it to make sure it works. I love mine!! Check them out online I don't think you will find a better deal anywhere.

#12 M.Ahles

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

I think it is awesome that Dale has new sponsor and team for himself. But as far as it goes Jeff Gordan dont get em started on that. I hate him he desirves not to drive.
I have four antiviruses on the one that got atacked and it was trough an email that i got for COMPUTERS

#13 Scoop1967 - Dan

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

Dell-Brand of computer

Try pressing CTRL + F11 when the Dell Splash screen appears after starting. You may still be able access the recovery partition. If you can, follow the on-screen instructions once it starts.

#14 M.Ahles

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

I tried that it told me: "ERROR UNABLE TO RECOVER"
My words are DELL is a piece of crap. I wont buy another DELL in my life. I tried all those i am going to go through CYBERPOWER and see how they are.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS I REALLY APERCIONATE IT>
THANKS ALL,
DaleJR#88(AKA: MIKE)

#15 M.Ahles

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

I have a ? i was wondering if i was to take everything out of the case. Buy new parts. But keep the video card's(2), motherboard, prosseor, power supply, ram. and buy new copy of WinXP Pro, a new hard drive. Would i be able to make that work because it will only cost me $200 instead of $1250 for the computer i want.

#16 papaspud2142

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

leave everything in the case. you might not even have to buy a new hard drive . just reformat it and install windows. however if it is your bios, then you might have to get a new mobo.

#17 M.Ahles

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Thanks i am really begining ot hate computers LMAO LOL!! i will look into it later i am to tired to look at it.

#18 general ramsey

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

anything with 4GB of ram a 64 bit system, a good graphics card and an OK sound card will do ya well for gaming....if not gaming 512 RAM one of those crappy graphics cards intel has that come with crappy computers...and onboard sound...(you should go to a website that builds computers, i got a nice set)

oh and BTW i wouldn't pay jack for the hard drive recovery from anyone unless they could recover THIS after about an hour or 2 of siting there

#19 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

I have never had a Cyber Power PC, however, I have heard some stories of people who have had terrible experiences with them. The prices they have the parts for make me wonder if they are not brand new. I have a Dell, don't get one. It is dying because I am running a 8800GTS320 in it. It hates me now.

Murphyslaw4267

#20 Nicodemus

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

I would also suggest finding a local computer builder in your area that's been in business 5+ years. Talk to them about their plans to STAY in business for about the next 3 years and then see what types of systems they build. We had a great place just down the road that put together top of the line systems for gamers. I'm a bigger fan of spending the cash and getting a box delivered that is ready to go with no extra crapware on it. Then if you have any problems, you know right who to go to. They will be much more interested in customer service since they are small and will live off of referrals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com