Photo

Take a good look at this this topic. Picture says a thousand words.

Mismanagement big time

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 Grassy

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Can you consider disabling or lower timer for the free map or whatever it is? When you die, people can move the camera around and find you.

it would help smooth the game out as well  as far as lag

This is absolute conjecture, and wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion :)

#42 Twilight

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

You are entitled to your opinion :)

Nooo I deal in facts sir.

Opinions on the other hand can be quite lacking, as everyone has one slightly different. They're even known to try and pass for a fact from time to time. This works out more a danger when it's being borne from lack of technical knowledge.

Conjecturing that ghosting causes lag, is, however. A very interesting opinion. :P

• sagittarii likes this

#43 Colonel Tavington

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthinbabies!

#44 Grassy

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Saying this is a fact with conviction and not backing it up with links to the facts you say exist is nothing more than conjecture is it not?

Show me your proof?  and I will humbly apologize.   just google "Free Roam in BF1942 server lag"  Edit** one person in free camera doesn"t cause lag...however we used to have our matches shout casted with 2 free roam cameras per side broadcasting video.   We had to cut it down to two per side because of the lag it was causing.  The shout casting was on a different server..

"check"   Your move Mr. T

#45 Harriet Tubman

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthinbabies!

the secret is in the technique, here is a vid of angerfist demonstrating

https://www.youtube....h?v=x1_Gc611VqI

• Grassy likes this

#46 Twilight

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

Face palming a bit. Negative. As someone who's set up a myriad of battlefield 1942 servers, and been quite a bit more in-depth with much of this than you. When I say ghosting does not cause lag, which, by the way; No one will have heard otherwise proposed here, or in the last 8 years prior to your miraculously bringing up this particular insight - it is not conjecture. But then we both have discrepancies on things like viewing Server Manager log.

Short of going to great length to either work out some kind of a graphic, or show you min. 5 people ghosting you while you play I don't think you'd be satisfied. However I don't want you to humbly apologize either. Just not saying wildly inaccurate things that could be misinterpreted - and latched onto - because with your past it could seem more believable.

Were you running windows 95 during the time as well? The persons sending video can get lag and framerate stutter. You have the benefit here that upload rates were often higher and content of quality lower back in the day. Them lagging in this is however still limited to their client side. When they lag enough and packets are dropped, they get d/c'd from the server, which 1942 has a very long threshold before doing.

Now. Without me having to delve much more for what is turning into a book. You referenced lag. Let's examine some linear mechanics. The issue with the lag is relatively recent. The use of freecam/ghosting by Moon, can have the term ancient easily applied. We'd have caught such a gem eons ago were it a thing (you might've led specifically toward that). But again, newer issue doesn't = old setting. In any shape or form. Purely as an added hypothetical, the most fun we could probably have toward proof would be turning it off for a day - without making any other change. I'd of course be the staunch proponent for what's already known with the server graph, it wouldn't be changing.

#47 Grassy

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

I totally respect your passion for what you you do, you are very skilled in this game and have a fountain of knowledge that is genuine.

I probably should have been more descriptive in my initial post, as to the how and why this might cause lag, The principles would rarely even imply here. The thing that concerns me the most, is that you wait to post something negative, with the chance of undermining me on a very minuscule post that I made.

All I made was a passing comment, that it might reduce server lag, I meant in no way to insult, or disgrace the server or to insult your intelligence

I truly wish and hope that in the future we can find a conversation that is proactive, and find a middle ground to agree rather than disagree.

I have a friend that I work with, that waits for the moment for a person to be possibly wrong, or make a mistake, and then tries to seize the opportunity to prove himself right and superior over that person.

I truly hope this isn't the case here

#48 Grassy

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

We should probably take this to private message, rather than public if you want. I am open minded and willing to search for a middle ground of peace.

#49 gregefc

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

All that matters is that I'm smarter than both of you. Combined. Get smart.

But really though to throw things back on topic, we should probably buy a billboard or two in every major city... maybe that would bring in the crowds. Who's with me? I'll start a gofundme. Don't worry, I'll take care of all the money aspects.

#50 Renlist

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

More mods showing up would help. Changing the map after server resets, choosing a more appropriate map when it's called for, etc.

#51 Bot

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

while we're at it, can we remove all aa guns too? those pom-poms make me lag. fly over one and its nothing but conn probs.

#52 Bot

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

also, please remove all the trees on kharkov, i crash into them after i lag. thx.

• LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#53 Bot

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5erECABbvHA

I totally blame the use of the free cam and aa for this. unacceptable! my ISP is for sure not the issue here.

edit: I agree with Trooper, that other pilot was totally hacking. none of my shots did any damage to him even though i saw lots of hits. 200 ping was obviously not the problem.

#54 sagittarii

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:19 AM

Sorry but a big reason moon struggles deals with something completely out of their control. The NA player base can't even hold a candle to that of Europe any more. There are at least double the amount of European players... which is why the one or two servers over there are always populated. It has almost nothing to do with how anything is administrated. If you were to go complain like this to those Euro servers you would just get laughed at. Map rotation has absolutely nothing to do with why the server isn't as populated any more.

Could not agree more.  I actually think the Euro player base is at least 3x the amount of NA & SA combined. 

Indeed, the european player base is way bigger than the american. But the european servers lack of good admins. There is so muck tk and asshatting around. Never seen that on moon. Our good admin base wont drive the european players do moon. Actually they dont even know what good adminning is...

Honestly I dont know how to motivate the american player base to come to Moon, but what I can say is: You guys should complain less about minor details or absurd theories like the "free-cam-no-lag" urban legend. Instead of brining nonsense arguments just for the sake of the argument is totally wrong and childish. Spreading these "ideas" and bringing up normal players against our admin staff is sabotage and should be punished. Yes Grassy, Im talking about you. And no, I dont want to deal with you in a PM battle.

All of you and your arguments may earn some respect when you truly care about the server like the dudes that START SEEDING EVERY DAY and invest hours and hours just to prepare the server for YOU, gentlemen.

It is YOU who find a (more or less) populated server when you start playing in your time zone. A nice and cosy environment with an US ping, a well trained admin base that will change maps for you and a decent player base. And all you do is complain, complain and complain. What you do is not positive critisicm, it is just disrespecting, smartass bullshit-talking just to gain some attention.

Do the other way around just to see our daily business: Go to an empty european server at your main playing time and start seeding there. It will change your attitude. And thats what you truely need.

!sag

tl&dr: The us player base is shrinking. Urban legends are fun. Stop complaining, start seeding.

• Twilight and Angerfist like this

#55 posi

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

Bot, post your PC specs perhaps, I believe you may be under-powered for what you are trying to do.

I'll get that exact type of stutter in the video shown when I attempt to video my own gameplay and the player count on the server is high.  Not sometimes , guaranteed.  I've seen some players drop resolution in game just to avoid it while recording.   Filming while ghosting the server does not induce the same drag whatsoever.   I can ghost and keep 1080P  64 players, no stutter, no sweat ,  anything past 20 players while playing however and the stutter is there.  

As far as ghosting causing lag,  I've ghosted entire maps plenty of times.  When you see 5 minutes of video ,  35 minutes of ghosting was likely involved.  I do of course try to use an offset idler on the opposing team.  We have 100's of videos from multiple users through the years who are filming in free cam.  Lag was never an issue before.  We're one of the few servers that have free cam enabled.  Shutting it down kills any 'spectator mode' videos on a full 1942 server being produced, anywhere, ever again.

So..   that's not happening.

The original comment I believe was talking more about the 'respawn time'  which occasionally the players want to be raised.  This is usually concerning the dynamics of capturing a flag and having someone respawn quickly in the vicinity and the wish to nullify that.    

I'm in favor of a snappy respawn, keeping the game moving at all times.  Lowering it by 2 seconds would be fine.  There is some speculation on stability and respawn time and perhaps that is what the original poster was actually referring to. 

• Spare Parts likes this

#56 gregefc

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Bot usually I just hold my finger down the entire time I'm in a plane. Keeps the bullets flowing and assures me that I won't miss a shot. I also have unlimited ammo in my planes though.

#57 Renlist

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Could not agree more.  I actually think the Euro player base is at least 3x the amount of NA & SA combined. 

Indeed, the european player base is way bigger than the american. But the european servers lack of good admins. There is so muck tk and asshatting around. Never seen that on moon. Our good admin base wont drive the european players do moon. Actually they dont even know what good adminning is...

Honestly I dont know how to motivate the american player base to come to Moon, but what I can say is: You guys should complain less about minor details or absurd theories like the "free-cam-no-lag" urban legend. Instead of brining nonsense arguments just for the sake of the argument is totally wrong and childish. Spreading these "ideas" and bringing up normal players against our admin staff is sabotage and should be punished. Yes Grassy, Im talking about you. And no, I dont want to deal with you in a PM battle.

All of you and your arguments may earn some respect when you truly care about the server like the dudes that START SEEDING EVERY DAY and invest hours and hours just to prepare the server for YOU, gentlemen.

It is YOU who find a (more or less) populated server when you start playing in your time zone. A nice and cosy environment with an US ping, a well trained admin base that will change maps for you and a decent player base. And all you do is complain, complain and complain. What you do is not positive critisicm, it is just disrespecting, smartass bullshit-talking just to gain some attention.

Do the other way around just to see our daily business: Go to an empty european server at your main playing time and start seeding there. It will change your attitude. And thats what you truely need.

!sag

tl&dr: The us player base is shrinking. Urban legends are fun. Stop complaining, start seeding.

I can only say...I look forward to kicking your sorry punk ass on the server.  Savvy?

#58 sagittarii

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

!sag

I can only say...I look forward to kicking your sorry punk ass on the server.  Savvy?

Just join us. My punk ass is at your disposal. While you guys are getting angry and try to be the "public voice" and have the monopoly on truth and so called facts, some admins and ppl who are truly loving the game AND the server have seeded the server up to 10 ppl and banned 2 guys for hacking. As I said, we have prepared the server for YOU. Now join and stop bitching around.

Cya soon. My ass cant wait.

#59 gregefc

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

God, this is better than the movies. All of you suck so bad. Get good. Love you all. Sorry punk asses!
  • posi likes this

#60 Colonel Tavington

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

• posi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com