Photo

Best Video Card?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 Jack

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

NP BBB. That is why I asked for the complete idiot's guide to doing it on their forum. Fans are not that much either.

#22 bbb

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

can one extra case fan in the rear help much? they're only like 10 bucks!

#23 Why Two Kay

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

can one extra case fan in the rear help much? they're only like 10 bucks!

As long as you also have one in the front. You dont want to make too much air go out, and not enough come in. It may help reduce some of the temps of things that are fanless (mobo, sound card, modem, etc). It will help take the hot air from the fand that are on the processor and video card, and move it out of the case.

In layman's terms:
Yes, as long as you have a frontal fan. (Boon, please dont)

#24 Boondock Saint

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:36 PM

HELICOPTER, HELICOPTER, HELICOPTER!!!!!!!

#25 bbb

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

i only have one case fan, in the rear!

#26 DeadlyDon

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

My case sounds like a 747 taking off. I've got a ThermalTake Volcano 10(or 11? or something), which has a large noisy 80mm fan on it. I have a front case fan that is the same fan used in the ThermalTake CPU fan. I also have two rear case fans and a fan on the video card GPU. Loud as all hell!

#27 Why Two Kay

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

i only have one case fan, in the rear!

then think about getting one for the front too, the pressure inside of a computer will increase and it needs to remain down. I know, pressure in a computer, sound strange huh? But, in my computer I didnt have a rear fan and only a front fan, the air pressure built up inside and my computer ran alot slower. If you keep the pressure down, it will run better. I suggest you get one for the front.

#28 bbb

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:24 PM

if you have one fan blowing OUT, the pressure will NOT increase.
it will DECREASE, air is getting sucked out!!

#29 Why Two Kay

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:34 PM

if you have one fan blowing OUT, the pressure will NOT increase.
it will DECREASE, air is getting sucked out!!

too high, or too low pressure is bad

#30 HUMANITE

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:05 AM

Well for me the best videocards I've ever run was ATI's, yes I've owned both NVIDIA and ATI, but I just like ATI cause of the added features, but I know it comes down to user preference. Right now the ATI that Im running is the 9600 Pro with 128mb, and yes its overclocked, runs pretty stable but its also being watercooled...I wont lie to you my old Geforce 3 had 64mb and man could that thing take some overclocking, it even ran great on Call of Duty and BF 1942 without any hicups, but I think the reason for that was it had heatsinks on the memory modules.
Ofcourse it was running with an AMD 1500+ palomino chip overclocked to 1.8Ghz with about 256mb of PC 2100.. This 9600 Pro is dirt cheap now and they overclock ok, but not like Geforce 3 did it just runs alittle smoother, and is DX 9 compatible. Its a good card for some of the next Gen games coming out like Doom 3, and Half life 2 :gunsmi: .

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com