Photo

Invalid Key Code?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:41 PM

Got a PM about this, I don't know the answer. Can anyone help?

-------------------
when i log on to play bf and go to multiplayer and i go to the moon server or anyother 1 for that matter. and i click join. then it loads the ip and starts the map but about 10% done it goes back to main screen and said the following " Invalade Key Code" wat can i do to fix this?

#2 Jack

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:56 PM

Do you own the disk or is it a not so legal version?

#3 The White Feather

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:19 PM

ya i own the disk

#4 Lin

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:22 PM

Would a reinstall help? If you do have to reinstall and if you have taken screenshots, copy your screenshot folder to somewhere outside of your Battlefield 1942 folder, otherwise your screenshots will be lost.

I know I have seen him in game, so this is probably some anomaly...

#5 @n@rchist

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:23 PM

i had that happen to me just reinstall the game and patches.
it should work fine after that.

#6 The White Feather

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

i uninstallied reinstallied im still going right noe

#7 The White Feather

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:36 PM

ill be on the server in a sec i hope

#8 Jack

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:36 PM

Do a regedit if you know how. Clear out all of your BF entries. Some get left behind even after the reinstall. The key-code corruption may be there. Also, when you uninstall BF its folder is left behind in Prog. Files --- EA Games. Nuke it.

Then do the reinstall.

#9 The White Feather

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

i did plus i ran a program that detects program parts mainly vireses but it didnt detect anything that had a trace of bf

#10 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:56 PM

This is not a CD-Key problem. This has to do with key-codes inside of the RFA files. If it was a CD-Kay problem then it would cause an error just starting 1942 or even installing 1942. I know that there are "Honey-Pot" versions of 1942 you can download off the internet created by EA-Games to see who is trying to illegally download their copy. They mess up the Key Codes after a while so it is unplayable.

BUT

If what you say is true that you legally own a copy of 1942 and nobody else has installed it on their coputer. So, if you have 2 computers in your hose, and you install 1942 on both of them, then after a while EA detects duplicate CD-Keys and messes them into up-playability. (is that a word?)

Anyway, there could be other problems assoceated with this. If neither of the above help, the you cant try (insert cringe here) reformatting your computer and re-installing Windows. This is a drastic measure and should only be a LAST resort if NOTHING else could possibly work.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com