Photo

Map Rotation Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 fed

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Please Mates change the map rotation.

Noboby wants to play anymore liberation of caen, just an example.

Regards

FED :music-smiley-008: 

• Rubulator likes this

#42 The Silver Shroud!

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

^

#43 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

I'm with you guys, but why don't you toss out a few maps/modes you would like to see them put into rotation?

"Change rotation!"
"... to what?"

#44 King of the Squirrels

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Hey Everyone

There only so many original maps. Everyone player seem to like or dislike certain maps.  It will often very from day to day.  Your can also try making your own maps like I did. It only took me almost four years to make.  You can play it on on Moongamers Christmas/mods server.

http://www.moddb.com...of-britain-beta

• bondmaster, Christine1 and coffeeassassin like this

#45 Renlist

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:05 AM

I'd like to see Kharkov get more play. I'm sick to death of MG.   75 minutes.

#46 Spare Parts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

I'd like to see Kharkov get more play. I'm sick to death of MG.   75 minutes.

copy that, thank you.  I will try to remember Kharkov when I see you, if you see me first, go ahead and remind me.  If it works I will get that map on for you, when you're playing. 

#47 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

I brained another idea.

Now, I say this admitting I have no idea how difficult it is to change maps on the fly but...
Admin presence is pretty good. Therefore maps can be changed at will if need be.
I suggest rotation be changed to all maps that can be capped out. This way, if players want to move on and no admin are around, it can be agreed to let a team cap the other out and end the map.

I see rotation as more of a "hey we aren't at home but heres what we left for you".

#48 Spare Parts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

I brained another idea.

Now, I say this admitting I have no idea how difficult it is to change maps on the fly but...
Admin presence is pretty good. Therefore maps can be changed at will if need be.
I suggest rotation be changed to all maps that can be capped out. This way, if players want to move on and no admin are around, it can be agreed to let a team cap the other out and end the map.

I see rotation as more of a "hey we aren't at home but heres what we left for you".

Just pointing out, there is a very vocal member of this community, who has proposed, insisted, threatened, the exact opposite of this idea.  In fact the mere thought of the idea, you just presented, seems to throw him into a mini rage.  I bring this up so that if by some chance this idea you suggested comes into being, he can start his usual rants with Dear HRD, you suck, instead of Dear Moongamers, once again you suck. Just trying to cut out the middle man. 

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#49 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

Just pointing out, there is a very vocal member of this community, who has proposed, insisted, threatened, the exact opposite of this idea.  In fact the mere thought of the idea, you just presented, seems to throw him into a mini rage.  I bring this up so that if by some chance this idea you suggested comes into being, he can start his usual rants with Dear HRD, you suck, instead of Dear Moongamers, once again you suck. Just trying to cut out the middle man. 

I can live with that.

tenor.gif?itemid=8650588

Just note this may mean more manual switching while you guys are around.

#50 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

Based on our chat about map MOD requests the other day, please consider a brief entry into the rotation to break up pacing some. Further considerations/variants below... thanks.

Berlin CTF: Grind

- Berlin CTF (or equivalent small map)

- 10 minute run time default

- 5 flag cap map-end

- 2 nades, 2 explosive packs, with no reloads

- No armored vehicles

- Limited jeeps and motorcycles that spawn in neutral areas (not close to mains)

Berlin CTF: Zooks & Blades

- 10 minute run time default

- 5 flag cap map-end

- Zooks and blades only (no nades, no exp-packs)

- No armored vehicles

- Limited jeeps and motorcycles that spawn in separate, neutral territory (not close to mains)

Berlin CTF: Blades of Glory

- 5-10 minute run time maximum

- 5 flag cap map-end

- Blades only (no nades, no exp-packs)

- No vehicles

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#51 Highway Man

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

The only problem I see, is with zooks and blades. And Blades, some people are very good with zooks against infantry,and knives against infantry others (like me) not so much. If I'm a player who plays on moon every now and then, I would leave if I got zooked over and over and same goes for knifing. I know other servers do very well with Berlin ctf with no tanks at all. And the short time limit (10 mins) might not be good, in the aspect of a player(s) joining in late. You need time for a population to grow.

This might not make sense at all, it's only my opinion along with my short attention span.
  • Lonewolf-McQuade and Rubulator like this

#52 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

The goal of these maps as suggested is to break up the longer maps sets and provide brief alternative play style experiences. They are only intended as a brief change-up to the typical longer map pacing rather than an extended experience. The purpose of something like Zooks and Blades is to get people out of their comfort zones and let them try something different for a tolerably short-time. If you happen to miss it, then you miss it. That's the same as logging-in on the last 3 minutes of a 45 minute wake session - it's bound to happen. Making a specialty map like these too long is the real risk. Plus there can be other variations sprinkled in during other long-map transitions if people tend to like them. Your point about repeated kills is well taken - Keeping the maps enjoyable when expert play throws it out of balance is a function of admin, namely activating the no camping rule. :)

good input!

• Rubulator, pinchythelobster and Highway Man like this

#53 Renlist

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:13 PM

Some bad choices for CTF maps.  Stalingrad and Berlin CTF are the standards as far as I'm concerned.  Maps with too many control points just waters down the action.

#54 pinchythelobster

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

I played Aberdeen CTF this week and it was fun. Have you had a chance to try it?
  • Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#55 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:46 PM

Aberdeen CTF is interesting. I kinda think it needs jeeps, but I've had some pretty fun rounds on it.  What I'm asking for above though is a bit different - very short maps as semi-radical transitions to the long ones :)

• Rubulator likes this

#56 dodgem

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

Good conversation going on here with some interesting suggestions. Unfortunately we don't currently have a map modder so we're unlikely to be able to implement anything imminently but we'll keep the ideas on the back burner for when we're able to make some map changes.

#57 Lin

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:03 AM

I certainly don't have the skill of the last one, so we'll likely be starting from scratch and going back to stock, with some added transportation, and some added bots. I don't want to overmod the maps, either, so I'll be watching for that.

However, I have to dig out my tools and go relearn how to serverside mod. I've been through one HDD already, and didn't find what I'm looking for so I'll have to keep going backward.

#58 Spare Parts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

We must stop running Eagles Nest and Gothic Line back to back.  Axis advantage seems to be multiplied and Allied morale drops low. 

• Lonewolf-McQuade, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#59 Rubulator

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

I like what lin said with going back to stock and going from there... vanilla and SW/RtR...

• Highway Man likes this

#60 Highway Man

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

I like what lin said with going back to stock and going from there... vanilla and SW/RtR...

I like Vanilla.       

and Rocky Road,  Butter pecan, and  Dutch Chocolate. Ice cream is good. ;)  

• Rubulator likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com