Photo

explorer.exe freeze...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:25 AM

Ok, I have had this problem for quite a while now, and I am getting really tired of it. A few months ago explorer.exe startet to freeze whenever I went into a folder with video files in it. Then this message pops up "Windows has closed this program to provide better security for your computer", and then another popup appears "explorer.exe has a problem and must be closed", I close it, explorer exe closes and the task bar disappear and then reappear. And I have no idea whats going on. I have deleted the entire folder, scanned my computer for viruses, scanned the partition for viruses but nada. Is there anyone who can help me sort this out so that I dont have to plan my steps before I want to watch a video? I have like half a second from I open the folder to click on the movie before it freeze, and its getting REALLY annoying!

Thomas

#2 Wasabi®

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:05 AM

If you have Windows XP SP2 it might be thinking that there is something fishy about the videos (I'm not commenting on this :P) and automatically closing. The task bar disappearing thing is because explorer closed. Explorer displays the GUI in Windows, that is the task bar, start bar, icons, and file managers. Since it was shut down the icons and all that temporarily disappear but reappear as soon as explorer is restarted.

Fortunately you can uninstall the SP2 from the Control Panel. Hope it helps

#3 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:14 AM

But I have had the same videos (And no, its not pron, lol) in the same folder for MONTHS, and all of a sudden it starts to argue with me. I dont get it.

Lets say it could theoretically be Prison Break/series episodes :P

#4 Hydlide

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:21 AM

wadda ya mean.. "fishy about the videos (I'm not commenting on this)"...
I have 60GB of those "fishy" video files installed on my fileserver. No crashes here :P

#5 Mawa [NOR]

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

Now please, its not pr0n, its normal 350MB sized videos/movies/episodes. I even tried to click on "properties" on the folder with the movies, and if I go to the "Adjust" tab (At least I think its adjust when you translate it) it will freeze aswell. I just want this fixed, im really tired of it. Does anyone know anything? Does it have anything to do with SP2? In that case, why did it happen so late? Its never done this before.

EDIT:

I have tried to cut out the folder and paste it in another partition (F:/) and it doesnt happen there. It only happends to movies in (E:/) which happends to be my Entertainment (Movies/Games) partition. So what is wrong with that partition?

EDIT2:

Ok, I just chose "show as; Icons" (or what it is, its in Norwegian) and now it doesnt crash anymore.
I didnt have that setting in F:/ and it still didnt crash :wtf:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com