Photo

Map Rotation Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#61 Par Shooter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:22 PM

Based on our chat about map MOD requests the other day, please consider a brief entry into the rotation to break up pacing some. Further considerations/variants below... thanks.

Berlin CTF: Grind

- Berlin CTF (or equivalent small map)

- 10 minute run time default

- 5 flag cap map-end

- 2 nades, 2 explosive packs, with no reloads

- No armored vehicles

- Limited jeeps and motorcycles that spawn in neutral areas (not close to mains)

Berlin CTF: Zooks & Blades

- 10 minute run time default

- 5 flag cap map-end

- Zooks and blades only (no nades, no exp-packs)

- No armored vehicles

- Limited jeeps and motorcycles that spawn in separate, neutral territory (not close to mains)

Berlin CTF: Blades of Glory

- 5-10 minute run time maximum

- 5 flag cap map-end

- Blades only (no nades, no exp-packs)

- No vehicles

Great idea , but why only 10 minutes ???

• Lonewolf-McQuade likes this

#62 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for that bump Par. My intent on this suggestion was to use these as short buffers or pace-changes between larger longer maps. I didn't want folks to get stuck with 45 mins of what I view to be specialty play maps. It does seem more likely that first to 5 would work better on these as I'm not sure how much map times can vary within a rotation.

• Par Shooter likes this

#63 {THEWAY} JC

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

I remember playing Berlin CQ that had the flag on the other side of the river with AirChuck, we had fun playing that Map when the server was full or near full.

• posi and Par Shooter like this

#64 Par Shooter

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Been playing the last few weeks and I have noticed that Market Gdn, then after Bocage get quite busy 18/over 20 players sometimes then as soon as Wake or Kharkov come along the numbers shrink down to 6 or maybe 8 at best.

Could the maps be "juggled" about even some new ones added there are a few good maps on the road to rome on a sunday that might be good ?

As you know Berlin is a Fav of mine and there were real good battles when there were no tanks and became a entertaining map.as 5 Stones says above......

Its sad to see the server empty so fast because of the map list .

Not sure what will cure this apart from deleting some of the less popular maps and adding some old favs, or try new maps and see what people say ???

Happy gaming everyone

Par 

#65 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Been playing the last few weeks and I have noticed that Market Gdn, then after Bocage get quite busy 18/over 20 players sometimes then as soon as Wake or Kharkov come along the numbers shrink down to 6 or maybe 8 at best.

Could the maps be "juggled" about even some new ones added there are a few good maps on the road to rome on a sunday that might be good ?

As you know Berlin is a Fav of mine and there were real good battles when there were no tanks and became a entertaining map.as 5 Stones says above......

Its sad to see the server empty so fast because of the map list .

Not sure what will cure this apart from deleting some of the less popular maps and adding some old favs, or try new maps and see what people say ???

Happy gaming everyone

Par 

It's hard to find a third map in the rotation that does as well as the first two. I was thinking to put Battleaxe with the bots as a third map, hoping that will do a little better. It's especially hard to find a suitable third map that will keep population around the clock. It sucks one player dislikes one map and another player dislikes another. The best way to keep population (as a player) is to keep playing a map you don't like as much inorder to keep the population for the next map. 

Do you have an idea for a third map any other than Berlin? 

Another reason that will reduce the population, bad map votes. Not all the maps will play well with a lower population. El Al CTF for example; there are many players that like to play this map including me, but putting up a vote for this map with a low population will also reduce the pop further.

We will not be adding any Road to Rome or Secret Weapons maps to the regular rotation, as running these sporadic will kill the servers population faster than Gazala with 5 players.

The reason why we have so many maps in rotation with map vote on is so players can go to a certain map that the majority likes. Hopefully this will also keep most of the population and if it is done right it might even grow the population.

Thanks for your input ;)

• Par Shooter likes this

#66 Spare Parts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Yep you noticed correctly.  There have been many attempts, using what tools we have available, to try to fix this problem.  Market and Bocage are by far our most played maps.  Before we put back in map vote, the Admins would see an empty server, set Market and start seeding the map.  Players show up for Market.  You can be bored by it, you can feel that we only play Market, you can even tell us we play it too much, but the evidence is the evidence.  Well, we put map vote back in and the players, the ones in the server actually playing, would vote for Market or Bocage to help get the population back up.  So, now, what to do about the 3rd map slot.  We have been told that people get tired of playing those two maps and because we extend to keep the pop from leaving, we ruin any chance of a 3rd map being played.  Maybe so.  Since I have been here the 3rd slot has had many different maps, Tobruk and Wake just being the latest. None really work, because as you have noticed, 3rd map, people go do other things. Your suggestion about putting in SW/RTR maps is, not impossible, but really really really really unlikely. The vanilla maps are what we have to choose from.  As for the Berlin suggestion.  I caution people on picking maps because it is their favorite, or in my case NOT picking maps because I personally hate them.  Who is playing, how they are acting and what might keep them playing are the 3 things I consider when choosing a map.  The players have map vote, start thinking about the 3rd map you want, well before the end of Bocage.  Perhaps if this is really something you would like to help us tackle, then try to be more proactive in the server.  There is a lot of chat there, some of it could be used to constructively decide your own 3rd map fate. 

#67 Rubulator

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Folks like Market and Bocage because they have... everything... Tanks, planes, inf and they are open maps but the flags are relatively close to each other with many ways to get from point A to B... 

I agree with Miller that Baxe is the next map that fits that template. But I have seen where ppl leave when Baxe loads... The only reason I can see is that it's too open and the flags are very close to each other. So it usually ends up being inf heavy.

When you talk about heavy inf maps like Berlin. Many players who are not above average inf players will not stay. And at this point in the games life there are not that many good inf's left.
CTF of these maps helps because the objective changes play a bit. But you'll still see the pop fall on map change.

In the end, MG and Bocage, minus one sided loop pilots, seem to be the most balanced maps.

• Par Shooter likes this

#68 Par Shooter

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

I fully understand what you all say and I have on a good few occasions ask in gameplay what everyone would like as I dont want to see everyone leave at the end of Bocage and the server empty..

I have no idea what to suggest as a 3rd map as different people like different maps obviously ,I know I mention Berlin and at the risk of repeating myself , when there are no tanks and one nade there have been some great times and everyone seems to enjoy it.

But its not to everyones liking .I wish I knew the answer to be honest.

I just want to see more people on the server so we can all have a continuing fun time on here !

The map with "pegasus bridge" as one of the flags , I cant bloody remember the map name for the life of me , but it has a river and 2 dingys and 4 flags when over the bridge inc a church ,,,

Bloody hell I still cant remember, that always seems a good one for people maybe

Just trying to help 

Par

• Captain John H. Miller and Rubulator like this

#69 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

I fully understand what you all say and I have on a good few occasions ask in gameplay what everyone would like as I dont want to see everyone leave at the end of Bocage and the server empty..

I have no idea what to suggest as a 3rd map as different people like different maps obviously ,I know I mention Berlin and at the risk of repeating myself , when there are no tanks and one nade there have been some great times and everyone seems to enjoy it.

But its not to everyones liking .I wish I knew the answer to be honest.

I just want to see more people on the server so we can all have a continuing fun time on here !

The map with "pegasus bridge" as one of the flags , I cant bloody remember the map name for the life of me , but it has a river and 2 dingys and 4 flags when over the bridge inc a church ,,,

Bloody hell I still cant remember, that always seems a good one for people maybe

Just trying to help 

Par

Liberation of Caen

• Par Shooter likes this

#70 Highway Man

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

Caen might be good.
It's good with a lot of people, say 15+ players. But! Only if they stay when the map loads.
I think Guadalcanal, or iwo might be good for a 3rd map

#71 kaiserj

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

I like Gazala. I wish El Alamein wasn't CTF. Still burnt out on Wake and Berlin after all these years. 

• Rubulator likes this

#72 Par Shooter

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

Iwo has not been on for ages 

#73 Highway Man

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Iwo has not been on for ages 

#74 Rubulator

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

Iwo is a pop killer from what I have seen... Can a map be put into the voting system without being in the rotation? That would be a good home for Iwo and several other maps...

• Par Shooter likes this

#75 Highway Man

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:29 PM

you could probably put iwo about  6 maps or so down. it would take it awhile to get played, but it would still be seen for a vote  :confused-smiley-013:

#76 Spare Parts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

i don't believe you can vote for a map that is not in rotation.  

I do try not to suck all the joy out of a room although I'm really good at it... just a note about Iwo.  If and or when it joins the rotation, the next thing we will hear about is how people don't like how it's modded. However, if the population is strong enough and the players want to play that map, i encourage Admins to set it.  If it goes no where, shorten the time and set Market Garden next. 

• Rubulator, Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#77 Par Shooter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

Having played and been on here quite a bit again its Market followed by Bocage and there are loads of people as soon as these maps finish most people leave .

Yes I understand these are the maps that make people come and join , can you mod them or tweak them somehow to keep these maps "fresh"

ie,,,, put a Stuker or a bomber for the axis team as the allies get the B17 in both maps and the reds get nothing not sure why they were taken away but this would even things up for the Axis .

Perhaps some new weapons maybe a 50 cal to spawn somewhere and another AA gun? If there is a plane flying round the "main" flag areas there is no way of shooting it down .

Being an Admin is a thankless task and they can NEVER please everyone with map choices that they put on for people but we played Berlin for a total of 7 minutes before we were taken back to Market yet again !

I just want the server to remain populated and enjoy the fun that everyone seems to have on here,

I know sometimes I get "frustrated" due to me being so crap and my ping and I apologise for the odd outburst .

I love the banter and all that goes with it especially all the Audi jokes and all that goes along with it from a lot of the lads,,,,, 

I try to give as good as I get but I am mostly outnumbered but its still good that its all taken in fun 

Must go I smell something burning

Par 

#78 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

Having played and been on here quite a bit again its Market followed by Bocage and there are loads of people as soon as these maps finish most people leave .

Yes I understand these are the maps that make people come and join , can you mod them or tweak them somehow to keep these maps "fresh"

We could/would if we had a modder =/

ie,,,, put a Stuker or a bomber for the axis team as the allies get the B17 in both maps and the reds get nothing not sure why they were taken away but this would even things up for the Axis .

Axis get a spawn apc on both maps, more flak guns and more heavy tanks compared to the allies. On Market the axis have a lot more tanks than the allies, the B17 is a way to balance those out a bit.

Perhaps some new weapons maybe a 50 cal to spawn somewhere and another AA gun? If there is a plane flying round the "main" flag areas there is no way of shooting it down .

IMO we could also use some more jeeps around on some maps.

Being an Admin is a thankless task and they can NEVER please everyone with map choices that they put on for people but we played Berlin for a total of 7 minutes before we were taken back to Market yet again !

I told you about that Berlin round. I made a mistake T-T

#79 Par Shooter

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for your answer Capt 

I know i was a mistake for the 7 minutes but I would have thought it would have been replayed , instead of going playing market full on again thats all )

#80 Colonel Tavington

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

Mod Market and Bocage to have the wreck of a burning Audi.

• Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com