• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 birney

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

For Hornet

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=33716

#62 Harriet Tubman

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

What greg said. If you look up some infantry videos on youtube you should be able to see how players lead. There aren't that many players that strafe nowadays so the lead should be fairly easy since most people will be moving one direction, once you get that down then just aim high and go for the headshots. Also if you face a wall and unload your gun at it you will see where your bullets hit. If you just spray you will see the bullet spread and you can see what you can do to control it to a point to counteract the spread. Out of curiosity steve, what do you get on this test (do it the full 5 times)? You can pm me if you don't want to post your result here. http://www.humanbenc...ts/reactiontime

Fun test to do, mostly I was between 210-230ms. I got lucky once and got 59ms. 

Thanks for info, I am curious if certain players average 300+ as that would already give them a big disadvantage vs the good infantry players that they play who all average what you posted or lower. At least the people I've asked to do the test or seen from other threads they average about what you got. It won't make too much of a difference after you have seen the player and have already started shooting, but if you average 300+ms on that test then that can be 100+ more than someone when it comes to reaction time. I can't see how you will win the majority of the time if you both have similar aim.

btw that test has nothing to do with ping, its just your bodies reaction time and a few ms here and there depending on your mouse and monitor

#63 gregefc

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Curious to know how much of a difference there is on that test between using a mouse and using a mobile device. I averaged 350 on my phone 😂😂😂 I probably just have slow reaction time.

#64 Harriet Tubman

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

I would imagine whatever the difference is between your phones input compared to a gaming mouse that has 1msish. Looking at the averages for phones they are pretty high.

#65 Hornet

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

So much nostalgia, thank you for this.  That tournament was incredibly fun.  

#66 Steve2112

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:45 AM

I think you're digging into things a bit too deeply Steve and only complicating an issue that is really basic... Bascially making things harder for yourself. When it comes to aiming, you really only need to worry about slightly leading your target if they are moving side to side or just unloading on them if they are still.

If your target is moving, their hitbox is moving as well. So you need to adjust your aim accordingly.

Thanks for the correction Greg, but see there's the problem, and I can only relate to you what I see on my screen. Your experience and mileage probably varies. There's been many a time me and another player are facing each other, and I am blasting away, a bit high to hopefully catch a head shot. I hear like 2 or 3 rounds from his weapon and I am suddenly dead. Now throw in both of us moving, and still similar results. So yeah, I might be "over complicating it".  

Of course I know the proper and standard response is "he's just better".  And that is certainly one option. :) However, after 40 years of gaming, I'm pretty sure I know when I suck, and when there's some mechanics thing or something else going on. My tendency here is to think I've got some sort of hardware or service issue. However, I do not notice this problem as much in the other servers. 

In any regard, I have been having too much fun with 42 to make it a huge complaining issue. I just want to get better and have even MORE fun is all. 

#67 Colonel Tavington

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

I think you're digging into things a bit too deeply Steve and only complicating an issue that is really basic... Bascially making things harder for yourself. When it comes to aiming, you really only need to worry about slightly leading your target if they are moving side to side or just unloading on them if they are still.

If your target is moving, their hitbox is moving as well. So you need to adjust your aim accordingly.

Thanks for the correction Greg, but see there's the problem, and I can only relate to you what I see on my screen. Your experience and mileage probably varies. There's been many a time me and another player are facing each other, and I am blasting away, a bit high to hopefully catch a head shot. I hear like 2 or 3 rounds from his weapon and I am suddenly dead. Now throw in both of us moving, and still similar results. So yeah, I might be "over complicating it".  

Of course I know the proper and standard response is "he's just better".  And that is certainly one option. :) However, after 40 years of gaming, I'm pretty sure I know when I suck, and when there's some mechanics thing or something else going on. My tendency here is to think I've got some sort of hardware or service issue. However, I do not notice this problem as much in the other servers. 

In any regard, I have been having too much fun with 42 to make it a huge complaining issue. I just want to get better and have even MORE fun is all. 

I know how you feel, sometimes I'm just starting to fire and dang I'm already dead.  But after reading the recent comments on this topic, I got good results this weekend on a Battleaxe game (a good map for lots of sub machine guns duels) by better concentrating on giving leading head high bursts in the direction they were currently moving.   With them moving back and forth, sometimes you will anticipate wrong the first time and they will suddenly move away from your lead but just stick with it.  This should increase your chances of you being the one who gets the kill after just a few bullets.

• Steve2112 likes this

#68 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:03 AM

I know how you feel, sometimes I'm just starting to fire and dang I'm already dead.  But after reading the recent comments on this topic, I got good results this weekend on a Battleaxe game (a good map for lots of sub machine guns duels) by better concentrating on giving leading head high bursts in the direction they were currently moving.   With them moving back and forth, sometimes you will anticipate wrong the first time and they will suddenly move away from your lead but just stick with it.  This should increase your chances of you being the one who gets the kill after just a few bullets.

How do you counter that guy with his knife running to you? ;)

#69 Colonel Tavington

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

How do you counter that guy with his knife running to you? ;)

Run like hell and whimper "Mother."  Or back up and use the lead method if they're weaving, but sometimes I accept the challenge and get my own blade out if they're not already too close.  I've also learned to back up and lead as soon as I see someone get their expack out and head for me.

#70 Harriet Tubman

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

dat copyright claim doe

#71 Steve2112

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:26 PM

What greg said. If you look up some infantry videos on youtube you should be able to see how players lead. There aren't that many players that strafe nowadays so the lead should be fairly easy since most people will be moving one direction, once you get that down then just aim high and go for the headshots. Also if you face a wall and unload your gun at it you will see where your bullets hit. If you just spray you will see the bullet spread and you can see what you can do to control it to a point to counteract the spread. Out of curiosity steve, what do you get on this test (do it the full 5 times)? You can pm me if you don't want to post your result here. http://www.humanbenc...ts/reactiontime

Fun test to do, mostly I was between 210-230ms. I got lucky once and got 59ms. 

Thanks for info, I am curious if certain players average 300+ as that would already give them a big disadvantage vs the good infantry players that they play who all average what you posted or lower. At least the people I've asked to do the test or seen from other threads they average about what you got. It won't make too much of a difference after you have seen the player and have already started shooting, but if you average 300+ms on that test then that can be 100+ more than someone when it comes to reaction time. I can't see how you will win the majority of the time if you both have similar aim.

btw that test has nothing to do with ping, its just your bodies reaction time and a few ms here and there depending on your mouse and monitor

And finally, I did your test a couple times. 88 msec was my fastest time. Average of the average was about 270. It would seem by your standards, I am at least a little faster than your slow fat pigs with a mere 300 msec. :)

#72 Jubilee

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

Speaking as someone who has lived on different parts of the world, I can tell you this much: Higher ping requires more patience to hit people, but it also means the enemy has a harder time hitting me as infantry. 

I can do nearly as well on European servers with a near 200 ping because I adjust accordingly and don't take as many careless shots. Keep in mind I have a really good connection where I'm currently residing. Dodgem & Anger may go through a similar experience, though I'm not sure. Mind you, I've lived in a tiny village in Europe with a 130 ping and a terrible connection to a stateside server. I couldn't shoot, knife, the screen jumped everywhere, etc. So I know what that's like. The only way that could've been fixed was if my village invested in a new line to town. Even if this is the case for you, and if it is I'm terribly sorry you have to suffer through it, there's nothing anyone here can do on your behalf. So if this is what's happening to you, you can point it out it over and over again, but it's not going to change anything. 

(You're not using wireless internet, are you?)

You're looking for a technical issue, but if there is one it doesn't sound like it can be fixed. BF is such an old game that I can play it on a shitty laptop with very few issues. It just seems like if it's not a technical issue that you're looking for a scapegoat as to why this is happening to you. On that note you should be concerned with your reaction time. Just today you seemed put off that someone knocked you out of an MG on Omaha because you think people would not have had the time to look and aim. The test HT provided is great, but when you're expecting the surprise it's easier to react. During game when someone pops out unexpectedly, that's a whole other story.

• Rubulator likes this

#73 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

:music-smiley-002: :nade: :club: :music-smiley-002:

#74 Grassy

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

Steve,

With the lack of Punkbuster and content check off to allow modded maps, sadly this increases our "risk management"  However this is necessary to keep the game alive with modded maps.

We as admins do what we can within the rules of MG to dispatch folks "playing outside the box" and taking advantage of the situation,

However,

If you have any specific concerns please feel free to pm myself or any other Admin, Senior or Core, or Founder here at MG.

Best Regards,

• Rubulator and Steve2112 like this

#75 Steve2112

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

Steve,

With the lack of Punkbuster and content check off to allow modded maps, sadly this increases our "risk management"  However this is necessary to keep the game alive with modded maps.

We as admins do what we can within the rules of MG to dispatch folks "playing outside the box" and taking advantage of the situation,

However,

If you have any specific concerns please feel free to pm myself or any other Admin, Senior or Core, or Founder here at MG.

Best Regards,

Roger that Grassy,

My new procedure is to quickly log out....it's easy....I just go get a soda for a minute. :)

#76 Steve2112

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

Speaking as someone who has lived on different parts of the world, I can tell you this much: Higher ping requires more patience to hit people, but it also means the enemy has a harder time hitting me as infantry. 

I can do nearly as well on European servers with a near 200 ping because I adjust accordingly and don't take as many careless shots. Keep in mind I have a really good connection where I'm currently residing. Dodgem & Anger may go through a similar experience, though I'm not sure. Mind you, I've lived in a tiny village in Europe with a 130 ping and a terrible connection to a stateside server. I couldn't shoot, knife, the screen jumped everywhere, etc. So I know what that's like. The only way that could've been fixed was if my village invested in a new line to town. Even if this is the case for you, and if it is I'm terribly sorry you have to suffer through it, there's nothing anyone here can do on your behalf. So if this is what's happening to you, you can point it out it over and over again, but it's not going to change anything. 

You're looking for a technical issue, but if there is one it doesn't sound like it can be fixed. BF is such an old game that I can play it on a shitty laptop with very few issues. It just seems like if it's not a technical issue that you're looking for a scapegoat as to why this is happening to you. On that note you should be concerned with your reaction time. Just today you seemed put off that someone knocked you out of an MG on Omaha because you think people would not have had the time to look and aim. The test HT provided is great, but when you're expecting the surprise it's easier to react. During game when someone pops out unexpectedly, that's a whole other story.

No...I am not using wireless. 

I am not too concerned with my reaction time. It's quite good I assure you. 

I am interested to know what kind of "non technical issue" you think it is that I am looking for. 

#77 Jubilee

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

I am interested to know what kind of "non technical issue" you think it is that I am looking for. 

Hate to tell you that 270 average is not good. =/

#78 Steve2112

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:22 AM

Hate to tell you that 270 average is not good. =/

Somehow, I doubt that you "hate" to tell me.  <_<

And you didn't answer my question. I'm a big boy, I can take it. What is it you THINK I am looking for? 

#79 Harriet Tubman

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

I will answer since I don't mind. You are bad at the game. Most people when they start playing are bad and they learn and get better. My point from the other thread about me playing on your computer or ooby playing on a tablet is that you yourself is the limiting factor. Even if you used the best computer with the best internet you won't all of a sudden be able to kill the players you think you should or rise up on the leaderboard. You can tell a persons skill level just by how they move. There are players with 250 ping (sheep and butcher) who crush people because their skill level is high enough.

From other threads you seemed to want to learn and you might still want to learn, but if you end up going the route a lot of other players do and just chalking it up to players hacking or your computer/connection being off as the problem then you won't get better and you will just sound bitter.

And there is nothing wrong with being a bad player, that has nothing to do with enjoying the game. BF1 might also be a good game for you since its about flag caps rather than kills, you can get up to 10x the points from a flag cap as a kill.

• Jubilee, Angerfist and LL22 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com