Photo

How did you decide on your handle / name for the game ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Detroit

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Some of the names I read are interesting, just wondering what made you choose the name  ?

Attached File  2024dada6d86355b57bca7881be87bdd.jpg   10.88KB   0 downloads

• Pitcher likes this

#2 Hornet

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:27 PM

Hornets frightened me.  I wanted to make my enemies to share my dread.

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

I wished I had a cool story. This is my name for BF1942 and it was the first thing that came to my mind.

#4 dodgem

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:17 AM

I had previously gone in and out of all different servers using the name ScottishHotShot (no, I'm not even Scottish).  Then, once I started frequenting MoonGamers Omaha TDM, I decided I needed a better name.  I had just been to a summer pop-up fairground/theme park in my town and came home after to play BF1942.  I racked my brains thinking back on my day at the fairground...there was The Waltzer ride, The Teacups (lol), and in the UK we call the dodgems "Bumper Cars".  Obviously that would be completely unacceptable as a name so I then remembered that in the U.S. they're called dodgems so I went "dodgem" and have stuck with it ever since.  My high ping on MoonGamers makes it quite relevant too.   

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

I had previously gone in and out of all different servers using the name ScottishHotShot (no, I'm not even Scottish).  Then, once I started frequenting MoonGamers Omaha TDM, I decided I needed a better name.  I had just been to a summer pop-up fairground/theme park in my town and came home after to play BF1942.  I racked my brains thinking back on my day at the fairground...there was The Waltzer ride, The Teacups (lol), and in the UK we call the dodgems "Bumper Cars".  Obviously that would be completely unacceptable as a name so I then remembered that in the U.S. they're called dodgems so I went "dodgem" and have stuck with it ever since.  My high ping on MoonGamers makes it quite relevant too.   

What made you go with a small D? :P

• Angerfist likes this

#6 Colonel Tavington

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

The best movie villain since Olivier's Richard III...

#7 dodgem

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

What made you go with a small D? :P

I have no need to compensate for anything ;)

• Angerfist and Captain John H. Miller like this

#8 Eliminator

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

My name is from a song title. :music-smiley-008:

#9 Rubulator

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

My main name, Rubulator, came from a nonsense word in a song... Its heard but not actually in the lyrics...

​dodge... 'Teacup' would have been awesome <chuckle>

#10 D Day

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

D Day is actually my name.  :canadaflag:

• Grinch likes this

#11 VampireMoose

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

I was bitten by a moose and became the un-dead. 

#12 Grassy

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

I started out in f22 Raptor by novalogic in 1999, my original name was Prophet TwC..We had a squad call The Wild Cards.   I  moved on to F22 Lighting 3 "Diamondbacks" and kept the same name...then we moved to the first Ghost Recon and they all suggested "new game new name"  so I went with "Grasshopper"  Kenpo was a huge part of my life as a teenager and Dad and another instructor used to train Police and F.B.I agents as well as D.E.A.

The name Grasshopper came from the 70's T.V. "Kung Fu"   This was the nick name from the officers and the agents at the classes.  So i used it, the name "grasshopper" on "ventrillo" became redundant after awhile so my friend "ammoboy" said "hey man, Can I just call you Grassy?"  I said sure why not

Not long after in 1992 "Toogood"  a great friend who i still keep in contact with called me and said "dude you gotta get this game" hence the move to Bf42  

We formed Wild-Diamonds, [WD] and the fun started..lol

#13 Renlist

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:58 AM

You all realize this is how Facebook started.

#14 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'm hairy. I have a Russian/Ukrainian ethnic background. I'm a dude.

#15 Colonel Tavington

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

I started out in f22 Raptor by novalogic in 1999, my original name was Prophet TwC..We had a squad call The Wild Cards.   I  moved on to F22 Lighting 3 "Diamondbacks" and kept the same name...then we moved to the first Ghost Recon and they all suggested "new game new name"  so I went with "Grasshopper"  Kenpo was a huge part of my life as a teenager and Dad and another instructor used to train Police and F.B.I agents as well as D.E.A.

The name Grasshopper came from the 70's T.V. "Kung Fu"   This was the nick name from the officers and the agents at the classes.  So i used it, the name "grasshopper" on "ventrillo" became redundant after awhile so my friend "ammoboy" said "hey man, Can I just call you Grassy?"  I said sure why not

Not long after in 1992 "Toogood"  a great friend who i still keep in contact with called me and said "dude you gotta get this game" hence the move to Bf42  

We formed Wild-Diamonds, [WD] and the fun started..lol

Kung Fu was my nickname for a little while in high school because going back to the locker rooms from playing soccer in gym class one day there was this one guy who kept giving me a hard time and pushing me, finally I had enough and I grabbed him and gave him a shoulder roll and put him on his back.  I don't know where that came from (except from watching the show and reading Kill or Get Killed which my dad had a copy of) because I had no martial arts training.  But the other guys said stuff like "wow, Kung Fu!"

#16 Dr. Detroit

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

Back during the early days of Quake, is when I picked my handle.   I used AOL at the time to play online.    I was so impressed with my 3dfx monster II video card and open GL graphics

Oh  Oh  I forgot, I picked up my handle from the movie named Dr Detroit.

#17 The Dude

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

The Big Lebowski has been and most likely will be my favorite movie of all time.  Hence the name....The Dude

You are all out of your element?

The Dude

• posi likes this

#18 Moving Target

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

I run, I jump, I die, and people shoot at me.

Also on Omaha I like to play Axis and run back & forth across the middle bunker giving the snipers a shooting gallery.
  • Rubulator likes this

#19 Rubulator

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

Also on Omaha I like to play Axis and run back & forth across the middle bunker giving the snipers a shooting gallery.

​I just thought you got hit in the head to many times.... ........ ........... Actually I still think that :)

​PeAcE ... Rub

#20 Jason Bourne

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

The name came to me in a dream. A soft, feminine voice, not unlike Birney's, told me I would become Jason Bourne, Destroyer of Beaches. 

And then they started making movies of the same name.

Hell of a coincidence. 

For those actually curious, I read the books, and decided to take on the nom de guerre. Instead of assassinating foreign nationals, I stuck to assassinating Admins. The more Senior, the more better. There was a Jason Bourne before me, known better as Zasili Zaitsev on Moon. He was truly irked I had used one of 'his' sobriquets, but it stuck. There were many more Jason Bournes that would appear over the years- especially after the movies came out.

But I'm the only one left. 

• Rapid Fire, Grassy, Pitcher and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com