Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 10Gb

Note: The full game will require more space on your hard drive.
The recommended PC requirements for the full game will be confirmed soon.

The teams at EA/DICE

That's the exact same AMD processor I have, don't know if that is a good thing or not...

#22 Grassy

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:21 AM

John...go to the Graphics card site that you have and update your drivers...and do the same for your processor...in game, set your video settings to low..make sure no other programs are running in the background and you should be fine.

#23 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

John...go to the Graphics card site that you have and update your drivers...and do the same for your processor...in game, set your video settings to low..make sure no other programs are running in the background and you should be fine.

Not that I have a beta invite though :P But I updated everything last week.

#24 Harriet Tubman

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

Not that I have a beta invite though :P But I updated everything last week.

Beta should be open now to everyone if you just go on origin. I have a gtx1060 and was getting 60-70fps with everything on ultra, after I got the new nvidia drivers I was getting 70-90fps. The duststorm would drop that to 40-50.

Go on origin, then to store, then free games demos/betas and it should be there.

Edited by Harriet Tubman, 31 August 2016 - 11:53 AM.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#25 Grassy

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

If you get an "unable to connect" to EA servers at this time...keep trying...

Shot down a plane with a tank gun...w00t   It was smoking though, I just finished someone else's job..lol

#26 Harriet Tubman

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Also I dunno if stats carry over from beta to the game, but the different guns/attachments are locked and require leveling up certain guns/vehicles. Gaining xp to just level up your overall character is very easy if you are near flags. If you get in a light tank, set yourself as squad leader (and always give missions), and keep capping/defending flags then 30k xp per game isn't too hard. If you are chillin as sniper away from battle and only getting kills here and there then 2-5k is more likely a score.

They want you to play as sniper to upgrade your sniper weapons and same for medic assault and all the other shiz, to get around this if you go to https://www.battlefield.com/career

and just go to loadout you can buy any of the upgrades as long as you have the warbonds (in game currency you get from leveling up). So if you don't want to play as assault for 5 hours to unlock the tripod tank killa then you can just buy it.

#27 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

First I have to figure out a name, Captain John H. Miller, CJHM, CJHM®, Captain JH Miller, Cptn JH Miller, CJHMiller... Either taken or there is a space in the name... This will take me a bit I guess... ffs...

EDIT:

CptnJohnHMiller it is I guess... I hate EA!

Edited by Captain John H. Miller, 31 August 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#28 Grassy

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:06 PM

Don't forget to wear matching socks...you sound like you are having a wardrobe crisis

#29 Harriet Tubman

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

The tank is a bit op at the moment. The light tank that is, heavy has enough drawbacks to were it feels ok. They cap the rounds in the beta at 20 mins as well so I don't think it will be crazy to see people getting some ridiculous scores when private servers are released with the full game.

suhqZGw.jpg

Also the scores are mainly from capping/defending flags or getting weird kills (headshots/multikills/blowing up vehicles). You can see the dude on the other team that is 1-15 but has a higher score than the guy that is 16-3

mztaII1.jpg

Edited by Harriet Tubman, 02 September 2016 - 12:12 AM.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#30 Jubilee

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

I tried Beta for a few maps last night. Had a lot of fun, but got stomped on. =)

#31 mexican eskimo

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

I tried Beta for a few maps last night. Had a lot of fun, but got stomped on. =)

That's good.  It builds character.

#32 Jubilee

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

I get stomped on everywhere outside of 42 so no humbling necessary lol.

#33 The_Curley

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:35 PM

The demo was making me cheese. I am already speccing some upgraded hardware for the full game. This is the most excited I have been for a game since BF2.

#34 birney

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:17 PM

This is the most excited I have been for a game since BF2.

Based on the above sentance

The demo was making me cheese.

I can only assume that 'making me cheese' is a good thing?

I have watched most if not all of the closed demo videos that where originanally posted  I have watched some of the videos from gamescom

that introduced the second map.  With this open beta testing going on we now get feedback and videos from the non-proffesinall players/you- tubers but from 

Mr Joe average, us guys, the players. For whats its worth it is also making me cheese, so much so that I want my own cow to make cheese with. or at

least a goat.   I have been part of Ea's insider group ever since we helped beta test a game called battlefield 2142. While that does sound good I haveent actually 'been inside' of EA in any way shape or form becauce EA makes me yogurt!

My rig at this moment can run dayz epoch and Bf42 without a graphics card, i do however need to update directx or something or other if I want to play BF42. I do have a graphics card yet it is not installed at the moment due to some technical conflict with my monitor. If we sort that out that I believe will make my Pc good enough to run this game without any upgrades. if not than I may have to play this game on a Xbox or PS with the dairy product names i cant come up with at this moment.

• Grassy likes this

#35 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

Pro Tip :P: Use K-Bullets on armored infantry.

#36 The_Curley

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

The demo was making me cheese.

I can only assume that 'making me cheese' is a good thing?

Very much so. So far this game has some of that earlier BF magic that 42 and 2 had.

FWIW I am finding that the beta is running without issue on my Phenom II 1100t and Radeon 7850. I got a bit choppy at work on my Phenom II X4 with Radeon 7750. I am partially using the game as an excuse to upgrade.

#37 Grassy

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:16 AM

They  could have called it Battlefield "Indiana Jones"  

#38 posi

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

More of our gamers

https://www.facebook...85649195148612/

#39 Grassy

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:40 AM

The guys on the horse with the flamethrowers are hilarious..lolol

#40 Jubilee

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:37 PM

I'm liking the medic guns. They're semi-auto with a scope. Nice for close-mid range. I get lucky-ish with longer range shots, but they're harder. No need to aim down the sights at short range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com