Photo

Try CTF Berlin next time, sometime

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

CTF Battleaxe has too many flag points. It was pretty much "Defend the Alamo"  for Axis team today.  The entire Axis team was satisfied to just defend Allied taking our flag. It was kinda pathetic.

Berlin CTF is more fun.  It's a smaller map, but there's lots of flag returns during the match.  The match ends up like 16 to 13, rather than a 3 to 0 wipeout playing CTF Battleaxe.  Too many control points to deal with on CTF Battleaxe.  Berlin CTF has like...2 main control points.  It gets to be hectic, but it's kinda fun.

It's cool on Berlin CTF that someone drives an APC over near the enemy flag area so others can heal up and ammo up in the APC.

For  Deathmatch fun, on Stalingrad map, you can jump outta the 3rd floor apartment buildings to get to the DM action and not suffer fall damage.

Submitted for your approval.

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:34 AM

What's wrong with Battleaxe ctf once in a while? It is something different, more even for both sides than Berlin though.
  • Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#3 Renlist

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

What's wrong with Battleaxe ctf once in a while? It is something different, more even for both sides than Berlin though.

Berlin is a better CTF  map these days. It can be a blast with less players and really insane with a lot of players.     

#4 Rapid Fire

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

Berlin ctf is a nade fest against the allies. Stalingrad is better

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

Battleaxe CQ is the one thing I feel EA did wrong in this game. But Axe CTF, different story. Nice small map CTF for a smaller population.
Berlin sucks with nades on in any mode. No nades CTF is a good time though.I especially like the map Moon used to run with the Axis spawn near the Allied base moved across the river.

#6 Renlist

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:45 PM

Battleaxe CTF has 6 flag points.  With less players playing, that gets ridiculous how many times flags change hands, then change back.

On another note mentioned recently... 

I like how on Stalingrad DM, you can jump out a  3rd story window and not get damage, lol.  

Stalingrad CQ  is a neat map and should be rotated into the regular play mix for a month, CTF occasionally too.  It's the only map where neat battles go on inside a building!!!

Berlin CTF is cool also, maybe not with a lot of players.  It tends to be a nade fest with 32 vs.32  but still kinda zany cool. An admin could limit grenades to 2.

On Berlin CTF, some smart teammate drove our APC over and parked it in the ruins near their flag so our guys could jump in and heal and reload and proceed to their flag...very cool tactic.  The other side didn't bother with destroying the APC parked there. Big mistake.  The flag scores are higher too in Berlin CTF, more exciting.

Battleaxe CTF can be cool too, depends on the participants.  Last full participation Battleaxe CTF I played, Allied had gotten all the flags. Everyone on Axis played "Defend the Alamo ! "  for the next 35 minutes, even tho Axis was behind  4-0.  Allied was grabbing the Axis flag every 30 seconds. Axis team was content to try and stop them, and that's all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#7 Renlist

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

Last Saturday night.  El Alemein CTF (the worst map for CTF, IMO), then Wake Island CTF.  

Request. Throw in a zany Berlin CTF on a crowded night.  Nade fest and all.  At least the score after 45 minutes will be higher than 1 to 0.  Geesh!

It wasn't that bad.  El Alemein CTF was.  Battleaxe is OK as CTF too, only...there are way too many flags to be capped, uncapped.

Give Berlin CTF a try.  There's lots of flag grabbing, change of score going on. The nades aren't that bad. It's not a 1 -0  snore fest like El Alemein CTF or Wake CTF was Saturday night.

No offense, but El Alemein is the WORST CTF an admin could rotate in.  I think it got changed to Wake CTF when El Alemein got to be too much of a snorer.

Wake CTF was OK but the score still ended up 1-0 after 45 minutes of play.  A semi snore fest.

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#8 Renlist

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:16 AM

I'd appreciate a zany CTF Berlin map some Friday or Saturday night !    

Or,  a Stalingrad Conquest sometime. When an admin is present and wants to mix things up.

#9 Rubulator

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Ren... I was the Admin who ran those CTF's... And if you had been in the server midweekish, you could have played Berlin CTF when I ran that.

​Map joy is subjective. And there were many happy people when we ran El Al CTF... Turbo cars are a big hit with many... And that Wake CTF... I observed the whole battle and it was c r a z y... !!

#10 pinchythelobster

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

El Al CTF is a blast but the turbo keeps are a must. Thanks for putting those into the rotation.

#11 Renlist

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

El Al is a server killer. It was a great map when it was 64/64.  Now it's just a practice map for planes.  Hell, play Single Player and you can practice all you want as pilot. As a team vs. team map...it's lame.  El Alemein quite sucks. Bail out cap a flag, noone around, rinse and repeat.

Can we rotate El Al out of the rotatation?

Omaha rules in comparison.

• Zap Rowsdower likes this

#12 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Ren,

I'm trying to gather all these requests into one thread for Lin and the higher ups to sift through.

Check this thread out. Just keep it simple: what do you want to see in rotation, what do you want to see left out. Use my post as an example.

http://www.moongamer...ic=65290&page=2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com