Photo

A Humble Request: Knife Fights

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

The Dude abides.....

The Dude will continue to abide.....

The Dude humbly requests our kind and resourceful administrators and servy pixie to institute a new rule.  That rule is as follows:

Be it known - The knife is a weapon of greatness, unlike the xpack;

Therefor, all players shall respect the knife;

All players shall bow to their opponent at the onset of a fight with knives;

**Any player that interrupts a knife fight will be booted**

The fight with knives deserves respect and anyone who acts like a d-bag and interrupts one by killing a knife fighter should go bye bye.

Please consider this humble request

Thank you

The Dude

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#2 Angerfist

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

An honorable request, but I'm sure that this rule won't come.

Though, we are kicking people who are throwing grenades or expacks into knife fights.

I hope that this is at least something.

#3 Moving Target

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

Would be fun to see, but will never happen.

Now we need to have a Berlin mod with only knives/zooks and a short timer on it just for fun to throw into the mix

#4 Grassy

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

I agree with Anger.  It will probably will never become an rule.  However, if the Seniors and Core approve a server message that says "Please respect Knife fights"

That may help.  Of course with some it won't...lol  such is life.

#5 Dindu_Nuffins

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

I used to think knife fights were the "end all, be all" except as I've developed as a player I've decided there are more important things to consider, such as the fact that I've died 4 times trying to take a spawn and I'm about to lose the spawn and get killed a 5th time so that two dipsticks can have their knife fight. Just today there was a knife fight in the middle of a battle at the spawn, FOR the spawn and it was 2 vs. 1, all 3 of them together having their little cluster-frack, less than 20 feet apart and I have my effeminate, girlish and cowardly ex-packs.  I decided to ex-pack all 3 of them, kill 2 enemies, and TK a friendly and take the spawn.

So I threw the ex-pack and got killed before I could detonate.  And I'm NOT SORRY I was gonna TK that "noble knife-fighter".  And I'd DO IT AGAIN, TOO.  There are more important things than a knife fight, and there are more important things than a TK, such as taking a spawn and winning the game for the team.

However, having said that, you show me a knife and I'll produce my knife and kill-or-be-killed that way.  But from a distance and with a spawn point being contested, a knife fight is not the end-all, be-all.

• Twilight likes this

#6 Grassy

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:45 PM

Here is an idea!  How bout not using expacs as a primary weapon and then compound it with an intentional tk...that will start you up the w/k/b ladder.

thanks in advance

• Eliminator likes this

#7 mexican eskimo

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

Here's what I hate about knife fights.  Usually someone comes along and nades or shoots you during it, or if your lucky just after.

• Grinch likes this

#8 Dindu_Nuffins

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Here is an idea!  How bout not using expacs as a primary weapon and then compoud it with an intentional tk...that will start you up the w/k/b ladder.

thanks in advance

Sorry but no.  There are some things more important than rules.  Like WINNING.  And you don't know if I use expacks as a "primary weapon" or not.  You make a lot of assumptions, and then exercise your Admin powers based on your wrong understanding of situations.  You also lack temperament.  I've seen situations where you allow things to happen with people you are friendly towards and then come down overly-hard on people that you are not friendly towards. And so what this causes is a sycophantic dynamic where people that want to be on your good side (so they can get away with things) pretend to be your friend while the people who are interested in fairness avoid a personal connection because you fail to live up to the standards you enforce on others.

In short, you become corrupt.  Think you should worry about yourself, and how you comport yourself as Admin, rather than nit-picking my little post here and trying to exercise your weak Admin powers here, instead of the game, where they count.

And I'll say it right out loud.  I don't like you.  I've never liked you.  I don't much like your game play.  I don't think you are particularly fun, nor do I think you are particularly good, and I don't think you are a particularly good Admin.  Not "bad" as in horrible, but not good either.  More like mediocre.  Maybe it's because you are young.  IDK.  If you are young, then I don't like you because you are young and you have power and use it badly, and if you are not young then I don't like you because you are NOT young, and have power, and use it badly.  Either way, I don't like you.

THERE!  I feel much better now.  Glad I could clear the air on that one.

I play my game as I play my game.  One single "intentional" TK, every 10th game or so (seriously how often do you think the situation I just described ever actually happens.  Almost never.)  But no, mediocre Admin that you are, you even have poor reading comprehension, and intellectual skills and make the decision to stick your Admin nose into places it's not really necessary (while failing to involve yourself in situations where it is).  But that's just you.  And I don't like it.  Or you.

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#9 gregefc

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

Grassy is probably the worst 1942 player of all time. No clue about strategy or how the game works. He's also only been around for a couple years so be easy on him and his recently acquired admin privileges. Also his 19th birthday was just the other day. Lay off him.
  • dodgem and Grassy like this

#10 Moving Target

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

It wasn't grassy, but Sunday I saw an admin kick 1 regular 2-3 times for expack spam, and another player for the same thing.

Plus, some of us like to have fun, while winning and sometimes while losing. If not being able to get a spawn because a couple guys are knife fighting gets your panties in a wad, well maybe too bad for you.

I look forward to shooting you when I'm out of your expack range, watching you jump around like a prancing sissy. Then watching you get kicked for using them as a primary weapon
  • Grassy and gregefc like this

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

Here is an idea!  How bout not using expacs as a primary weapon and then compoud it with an intentional tk...that will start you up the w/k/b ladder.

thanks in advance

Sorry but no.  There are some things more important than rules.  Like WINNING.  And you don't know if I use expacks as a "primary weapon" or not.  You make a lot of assumptions, and then exercise your Admin powers based on your wrong understanding of situations.  You also lack temperament.  I've seen situations where you allow things to happen with people you are friendly towards and then come down overly-hard on people that you are not friendly towards. And so what this causes is a sycophantic dynamic where people that want to be on your good side (so they can get away with things) pretend to be your friend while the people who are interested in fairness avoid a personal connection because you fail to live up to the standards you enforce on others.

In short, you become corrupt.  Think you should worry about yourself, and how you comport yourself as Admin, rather than nit-picking my little post here and trying to exercise your weak Admin powers here, instead of the game, where they count.

And I'll say it right out loud.  I don't like you.  I've never liked you.  I don't much like your game play.  I don't think you are particularly fun, nor do I think you are particularly good, and I don't think you are a particularly good Admin.  Not "bad" as in horrible, but not good either.  More like mediocre.  Maybe it's because you are young.  IDK.  If you are young, then I don't like you because you are young and you have power and use it badly, and if you are not young then I don't like you because you are NOT young, and have power, and use it badly.  Either way, I don't like you.

I play my game as I play my game.  One single "intentional" TK, every 10th game or so (seriously how often do you think the situation I just described ever actually happens.  Almost never.)  But no, mediocre Admin that you are, you even have poor reading comprehension, and intellectual skills and make the decision to stick your Admin nose into places it's not really necessary (while failing to involve yourself in situations where it is).  But that's just you.  And I don't like it.  Or you.

I have read a lot of non sense in my time but thank you sir for this masterpiece,  Grassy is by far one of the most professional, approachable admins on this server. He has put in a crazy amount of time to this server and its guests, that alone says he deserves way more respect than you gave him here. You don't have to like him, but don't lie about him.  Before you explain this away by saying He is my friend and I just want to "get away with things" because of that friendship.....you should know this about me, I don't have any friends.

• dodgem and Grassy like this

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

I like knife fights, i respect knife fights, knife fights should not be intentionally interrupted.  However, when you drop your weapon and pick up a knife in the middle of a fire fight with bombs and tanks all around, you should not be surprised when youre killed.  You should also not be surprised when someone shoots the winner of the knife fight.  Protecting knife fights in the middle of the war zone is ridiculous.  I can't stop you from complaining about it but I ask, how bored are you with the game that you have to kill each other with knives and expect others to stop and wait for an outcome?

#13 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

I like to watch knife fights. But then I usually get snipped :) just standing there.

Once I was watching a knife fight between Birney and Lin, Birney was on my side.

I got too close and Birney Ka-nifed me instead of Lin. :(

Thank you for reading this.

• dodgem, Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#14 Rubulator

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

I like knife fights, i respect knife fights, knife fights should not be intentionally interrupted.  However, when you drop your weapon and pick up a knife in the middle of a fire fight with bombs and tanks all around, you should not be surprised when youre killed.  You should also not be surprised when someone shoots the winner of the knife fight.  Protecting knife fights in the middle of the war zone is ridiculous.  I can't stop you from complaining about it but I ask, how bored are you with the game that you have to kill each other with knives and expect others to stop and wait for an outcome?

​Yup... Usually, if the fight doesn't end quick. You can be sure some noob will run onto the scene and rifle you dead... I'll try, but its just too frustrating to get naded or shot by someone.

#15 Jubilee

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

I will absolutely w/k/b a player who continually treats their teammates like collateral. Intentional TKs don't make anyone a hero.

With that out of the way, last week I witnessed a few people letting a knife fight finish. That was pretty nice. The world isn't completely hopeless I think.
  • Angerfist and Rubulator like this

#16 dodgem

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

I like to watch knife fights. But then I usually get snipped :) just standing there.
Once I was watching a knife fight between Birney and Lin, Birney was on my side.
I got too close and Birney Ka-nifed me instead of Lin. :(
Thank you for reading this.

You're welcome.

Also, at which point in your story did Birney hit a tree because I think you missed that part ;)
  • HARRY TRIGGER likes this

#17 Grassy

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

thanks in advance

I really do not recognize your name, my guess is your account is an alias for someone else for the specific purpose of trolling.  Weak people do this.  Hopefully one day you will grow a pair.

Liking me isn't a requirement here either..lol.

Remember now, behave yourself in game as first mentioned,See you around sonny boy..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com