Photo

Let's Keep the Discourse Civil, Ethical. Moral. and Fun.

Rape talk Self-cencorship

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Horace Greeley

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

You think you would know better if you have been following the national news: Talk of raping women, the sort of asinine banter going on earlier tonight, is not witty nor humorous nor entertaining. . It's disgusting.  Before you post such low-brow, twisted comments, think to yourself, 'Would I want this to go on the internet with my real name beside it?'  Because, duh, nothing is secret nor anonymous on the web. You will be found out. Furthermore, you will drag decent folk playing her down with you by association.  

I see from our Facebook page that the core members of Moongamers are  decent and  smart  individuals. None of us  want to associate with bigots, sexists, or perverts. So clean it up. Become part of a vibrant, fun-loving, family oriented community.

I'm not naming names here because the worst of the  crude comments  came from a long-time player and they  were out of the ordinary for him.   Lapses in judgment happen to us all. I hope this player appreciates how despicable his comments were. I hope he refrains from the deviant humor in the future.

Horace Greeley

• Jubilee and Rubulator like this

#2 Moving Target

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

This is the internet. There is no room here for common sense.

Yet here I am agreeing with common sense

#3 Doc_UK

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

*Out of the darkness of a time long forgotten Doc_UK rises again*

I totally agree with your stance HG.

Was an admin on duty at the time?

Not all players will have a Moongamers forum account to be able to read this thread, so perhaps give an indication of the time of the offences so the Admin team could look onto it and give players guidance in-game/TS. Was it in the few hours before you posted in the forum?

Moving Target, there is always room for common decency, but whether players have the good sense to realise that on their own or if they need community/Admin help in being better mannered is the unknown factor.

Doc_UK

• posi likes this

#4 Lin

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

I went back through the logs based on your comments here. The player in question has been kicked more than once for vulgar commentary. This went over the line and a ban has been issued.

• Grassy likes this

#5 Doc_UK

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for taking out the trash Lin

:yourock:

#6 dodgem

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:05 AM

Jesus. You can say that again!

Where the crap have you been? Here's hoping you're back for good...pretty please?

#7 Doc_UK

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Where the crap have you been? Here's hoping you're back for good...pretty please?

Thread hijack... :ph34r:

Haha, yeh it's been a while. Got busy with family, got some kids now, so they take up most of my time. I had a few weeks off, and I missed you guys, so I've been back in game :bvictory:

• Alvin Tostig and Grassy like this

#8 dodgem

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Thread hijack... :ph34r:

Haha, yeh it's been a while. Got busy with family, got some kids now, so they take up most of my time. I had a few weeks off, and I missed you guys, so I've been back in game :bvictory:

I've done a telepathic round robin and the consensus is we think you should have another 104 weeks off minimum.  Hope to see you in game!  

• Grassy likes this

#9 Doc_UK

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:39 AM

:rofl:  Dodgem!

I'll pass over the discussion to my manager, he..... might agree :confused-smiley-013:......maybe? :blink: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com