Photo

TS3, Speakers etc.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

I have windows 10,dell computer with the  monitor and box all in one. And the Microphone picks up noise from the next room, i was wondering somehow i can disable the mic in the computer and get a headset with a mic and use that and maybe it wont pick up as much background noise?

#2 Rubulator

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Most likely that could work... You would have to get the headset with mic and hook it up. It may overide the built in mic or you could disable it... 

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

Thanks Nosepicker.
Any recommendations for a headset?

#4 Rubulator

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

I wold go to Amazon and read some reviews... I got a Creative Fatal1ty that works well... but check out a bunch. I'm no expert...

• Highway Man likes this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:17 AM

When you have the headset (with mic) plugged in, you can disable the microphone on you dell computer in the recording devices in windows. If you never use your mic that is in your PC, it might be a good idea to disable it anyways.

• Highway Man likes this

#6 Highway Man

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

I wold go to Amazon and read some reviews... I got a Creative Fatal1ty that works well... but check out a bunch. I'm no expert...

Meh, too far to fly and fight all the different creepy crawleys for a headset.

LOL :) 

• Rubulator likes this

#7 pinchythelobster

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

I suggest a hyperX depending on how much you want to pay.

#8 Highway Man

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

I'm not going over $30 for a headset.

#9 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

Looking at the head phones on Amazon, and some people say they are good at blocking background noise, others say they arent. 50/50.

#10 Spare Parts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

Looking at the head phones on Amazon, and some people say they are good at blocking background noise, others say they arent. 50/50.

Nothing is going to cancel out your mom vacuuming, your dog barking or your sister yelling at you to get off the computer.  Remember, you are doing all this so you can talk to Miller..... just putting things in perspective. 

• Highway Man likes this

#11 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

Great idea! I make miller pay for them!!!

#12 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

Im thinking i might get this one, https://www.amazon.c...ling microphone

It has a button i can push to mute the microphone so if someone walks in the room and starts making fun of how bad you play i can mute it real quick, :D and the mic itself is noise cancelling and blocks out background noise etc.

I went ahead and posted a couple of questions on it too.

we'll see.

#13 Spare Parts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

Im thinking i might get this one, https://www.amazon.c...ling microphone

It has a button i can push to mute the microphone so if someone walks in the room and starts making fun of how bad you play i can mute it real quick, :D and the mic itself is noise cancelling and blocks out background noise etc.

I went ahead and posted a couple of questions on it too.

we'll see.

I use that exact one.  Seems fine.  When I go into TS no one complains.  I wish the mic and cord were on the other side, but other than that....

• Highway Man likes this

#14 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

How does it do with background noise as in others hearing it on TS?

AND it's 1 cent below budget!

#15 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Found the same one on Amazon  for 17 bucks and its in stock and prime, so free return if it doesnt work out!

#16 Spare Parts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

How does it do with background noise as in others hearing it on TS?

AND it's 1 cent below budget!

If there is going to be background noise, I won't go on TS.

• Highway Man likes this

#17 Highway Man

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Usually the worst Background noise i have is the A/C cycling on off for 10 seconds. but its  not that loud.

#18 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

TS3 is out already????????

• Highway Man likes this

#19 Highway Man

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

My headset is supposed to come in today, so either later today or tomorrow  I will need someone to do the "can you hear me" test.

:)

#20 Rubulator

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

My headset is supposed to come in today, so either later today or tomorrow  I will need someone to do the "can you hear me" test.

:)

When you open TS. Under "tools", "options" and "capture" you can test you setup... 

• Highway Man likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com