Photo

Gamepad Drift

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 OhTheHumanity!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

I'm just wondering if this is normal. I have a gamepad, and I notice when I'm flying it likes to drift to the right which makes it a pain to keep strait. Is this normal for gamepads? I've calibrated it but it doesn't seem to help. I had another gamepad and it had the same problem? Is there some kind of program that I can get that'll help me with this?

#2 Limpnoodle

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

How old is it? Age sometimes kills it. Try calibrating to the left a little, since it pulls to th right.

Type of pad? (Maxi is NOT an answer :P)

Edited by Limpnoodle, 13 March 2006 - 10:47 AM.

#3 OhTheHumanity!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

Nope, it's brand spankin new, I spanked it myself. :D

Here's a link to it.
http://www.staples.c...&affixedcode=WW

#4 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

I never got the hang of gamepads but my joystick suffers from that same problem. I wonder if Logitech has a solution?

#5 Limpnoodle

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

I never got the hang of gamepads but my joystick suffers from that same problem. I wonder if Logitech has a solution?

I was able to calibrate mine to the left of center a little because it was pulling, problem solved. Now when I get in a jet on occasion it Yaws to the right, but the very next time in a jet it doesn't.... maybe it is how I hold my stick when I get in the seat :P (I love comments like that :))

#6 chinesemaster006

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

Best solution: If you still have receipt and warranty is still good, return it to the store and get a new one.

:P

#7 LuigiBrotha

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

I'm just wondering if this is normal. I have a gamepad, and I notice when I'm flying it likes to drift to the right which makes it a pain to keep strait. Is this normal for gamepads? I've calibrated it but it doesn't seem to help. I had another gamepad and it had the same problem? Is there some kind of program that I can get that'll help me with this?

I got the same problem. Have a PS2 to USB thing and so I can use my PS2 controller (original one). But that also drifts. But flying with my keyboard seems to be going fine :D .

#8 komali 2

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
MediaProperties
PrivateProperties
DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com