Photo

EVGA GeForce 7600 GS / 512MB GDDR2 / SLI / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Furious_DC

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:54 AM

DDR2 all the way.

and for the guys looking for a good cheap card I found this article.
http://www.gamespot....opslot;action;4

#22 Why Two Kay

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:15 AM

DDR 2 is "the" thing to get right now, along with the newer socket types (Core2Duo Intel, AM2 AMD) that will allow for the much faster processers in the future.

#23 DerRaucher

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

Correct me if im wrong but to get sli to run properly the two card must be from the same lot. I don't know if you buy one card today and later on buy a second card it may not run properly.
nvm I just looked it up and i'm wrong :)

Yeah, I had already checked into that... Decided to go ahead and order this one later today: BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Good choice. I always prefer SLI over Crossfire. SLI seems more complete and games (esp BF2) take advantage with SLI > Crossfire most times.

But the prob is, SLI needs 2 same cards. With crossfire u could buy one now.. and next time a better one but could use both. Or stay with the asus a8n-e for maybe 80$ and buy one good card and use it for one 1 year. If vista is out, should be most of the games and software running on 64bit.

#24 TheL3gend

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:36 PM

Correct me if im wrong but to get sli to run properly the two card must be from the same lot. I don't know if you buy one card today and later on buy a second card it may not run properly.
nvm I just looked it up and i'm wrong :)

Yeah, I had already checked into that... Decided to go ahead and order this one later today: BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Good choice. I always prefer SLI over Crossfire. SLI seems more complete and games (esp BF2) take advantage with SLI > Crossfire most times.

But the prob is, SLI needs 2 same cards. With crossfire u could buy one now.. and next time a better one but could use both. Or stay with the asus a8n-e for maybe 80$ and buy one good card and use it for one 1 year. If vista is out, should be most of the games and software running on 64bit.

They only have to be the same GPU. Basically, any 7900 will work with any other 7900. If you mix two of them, and one has a lower core clock setting, the cards will simply run at the lower of the two settings. And you can mix cards made from different GPU manufacturers. It's all on nVidia's website somewhere, I don't have a link handy though...

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com