Speaker questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Foomypoo_*

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

Ok I have the > Logitech® Z-5300 <, which are supposedly the best gaming speakers at this moment a person can own. I am just wondering if anyone is familiar with the set up because I wish to fine tune it to get the best possible sound. Mostly the bass is kick ass but is really up and I want some of the other sound affects to go up such as when a bullet strays by or hits nearby. Any help on how to do that would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

#2 Enforcer

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

I would say look at the subwoofer and turn down the bass, if that is overpowering the speaker set. Move them to where they are supposed to be, center in the center, and the lefts and rights in their appropriate places.

Test on a music track to make sure they all work.

Go to the BF Sound settings and make sure it is maxed out. Now, also be cautioned that you also must have a pretty good machine to max out sound and video settings.

This also would be a good Leadpoison topic to help answer..

#3 Guest_DC Medic Man_*

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:25 PM

I bet you have a good sound card but i just wanted to mention this. Make sure you turn on Hardware Sound Acceleration if you have a sound card and not on-board sound. I dont reccomend using on-board sound because it uses your CPU for processing, even a Sound Blaster Live! is better. But i think you have a better card anyway.

#4 Jack

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

If that doesn't work change your crossover settings on both the sub and the speakers assuming that you can. Turn the crossover down on the sub so that it only picks up from 120H and below. If that still doesn't satisfy you, keep turning it down to !00H, 80H, and so on. Do the same for the speakers but going up. You want to have a bit of overlap between the speaker and the sub frequencies, but not too much.

#5 Lin

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:33 AM

I knew that.

#6 Guest_DC Medic Man_*

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:20 AM

I always found out that too much bass can ruion the other speakers. I see that some others here are agreeing with me. Hearing the bullets whizzzz by and (if ur on) hearing TeamSpeak people are much more important the only hearing the blaring "THUMP" of a tank up at the base when ur on the beach.

#7 Jack

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:28 AM

OK :pix: . Doesn't everyone? :rofl:

#8 Lin

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

No. Only server pixies and socks...

#9 bbb

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:27 PM

i thought the server pixie was just called lin? :rolleyes:

#10 Lin

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:44 PM

:pix: = Lin :-D

#11 Guest_Foomypoo_*

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:36 PM

And you bitched at me for spamming and being off topic...

#12 Lin

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

You really want to bring me into this?

We all go off topic occasionally, it happens. You just happened to make a career of it more than others.

Stop bringing crap in here, please. Let it go. Become a productive member (with the occasional spam) or simply be gone!

#13 Boondock Saint

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:08 PM

I love Fruity Pebbles!!!.......... :applaud:

#14 Lin

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

Crikey! You can always tell when I have a headache...Cranky Lin emerges!

and I like Oregon strawberries...

#15 kaiserD

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:33 PM

Cranky Lin emerges!

cranky lin? i remember a worse situation that had to do with FF and a team shankfest... :lol:

that was cranky lin. or maybe that was just very, very mad lin. i may be mixing the two up... ;)

and foo...it is not wise to start an arguement with a forum admin...i think we talked about this with enforcer the other day. posting on the forums is a priviledge, not a right. you want to post useless crap on here, you have to earn it. right now im most people's eyes, they dont think you've earned it.

#16 Lin

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

Yes! When my brother, bless his pointy head, decided to turn on FF during a tourney! Grrr, I was ticked!

Anyhoo...Game On!!

#17 bbb

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:06 AM

nice;y put KD, it isn't a right is it! :applaud:

#18 Jack

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:47 AM

Hey FoamyPoo, instead of bitching at :pix: (who can magically make you disappear) you could say thanks for the help and let us know if it was of any use. That would be the polite thing to do. Thanks.

#19 Enforcer

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

Nah, better to start playing the violin about the injustices. That way, Foomy may be able to drum up support for his actions.

But, to his credit, he has slowed down measurably in the weeks since he has been a member of moongamers.com.

#20 bbb

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

i wonder what :pix: thinks about all this! :lol:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com