Photo

Ain't this a bitch...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 General Ferra

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:40 AM

That's not stupidity; it's computer illiteracy. You should be able to relate to that, it's something you old folks are usually afflicted with.

Actually that is pure stupidity, us old people can us computer illiteracy because we started with 5 rocks and a stick...you young ones have cell phones, laptops, desktops, ipods, and all that other techno shit...we had 5 rocks and a stick...JJ

When I was young we couldn't afford rocks and sticks, all we had was dirt and we were damn glad to have it.

#22 Stuz

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

That's not stupidity; it's computer illiteracy. You should be able to relate to that, it's something you old folks are usually afflicted with.

Actually that is pure stupidity, us old people can us computer illiteracy because we started with 5 rocks and a stick...you young ones have cell phones, laptops, desktops, ipods, and all that other techno shit...we had 5 rocks and a stick...JJ

When I was young we couldn't afford rocks and sticks, all we had was dirt and we were damn glad to have it.

lol, sounds like something my Grandpa would say, my Dad atleast had rocks. :pinkele:

#23 DarkFall

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:43 AM

YOU had 5 rocks and a stick... I, on the other hand, had a Timex Sinclair 1000 w/2k of RAM, then a Timex Sinclair 2000 w/4k of Ram and real keys, then a TI99-4A, then a Commodore 64, then a Commodore 128C, then an IBM Clone 8088 at 4.77MHZ w/10MHZ Turbo, then an Amiga 500 at 7.14MHZ, then an Amiga 2000 at 14MHZ, then an Amiga 1200 at 50MHZ, then I built the first incarnation of the POS I am currently using... I'm thinking of upgrading to 5 rocks, a stick and a piece cellophane to get better gaming quality, though... :wasnt-me:

#24 JJ

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:54 AM

Cellophane does not let the number 4 rock move properly. I would suggest the left original black boot from a GI Joe dated from 1964. This offers movement and the ability for expansion...JJ

#25 Striker

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

YOU had 5 rocks and a stick... I, on the other hand, had a Timex Sinclair 1000 w/2k of RAM, then a Timex Sinclair 2000 w/4k of Ram and real keys, then a TI99-4A, then a Commodore 64, then a Commodore 128C, then an IBM Clone 8088 at 4.77MHZ w/10MHZ Turbo, then an Amiga 500 at 7.14MHZ, then an Amiga 2000 at 14MHZ, then an Amiga 1200 at 50MHZ, then I built the first incarnation of the POS I am currently using... I'm thinking of upgrading to 5 rocks, a stick and a piece cellophane to get better gaming quality, though... :wasnt-me:

:rofl:

haha....funny.

#26 DarkFall

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

Cellophane does not let the number 4 rock move properly. I would suggest the left original black boot from a GI Joe dated from 1964. This offers movement and the ability for expansion...JJ

Oddly enough, I probably have a few of those... :wasnt-me:

:rofl:

haha....funny.

If we weren't funny, nobody else around here would step up to the plate with our talent, eh JJ? :pinkele:

Sad thing is, other than the 5 rocks, a stick and the cellophane, the rest was true... I even left out a few things...

#27 Animal Mother

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:08 PM

Well,I understand how easy it is to bend pins,done that.
What I don't understand is why you would remove
your cpu for housekeeping....................JJ!!!!!

I take my case in the garage,put it on the bench,take
the sides off,hook up my needle nozzle for my air compressor,
thats right,my air compressor,very thorough and effective method.

I set it to 60 psi,doesn't hurt a thing. Done it this way for years :D

#28 JJ

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Well,I understand how easy it is to bend pins,done that.
What I don't understand is why you would remove
your cpu for housekeeping....................JJ!!!!!

I take my case in the garage,put it on the bench,take
the sides off,hook up my needle nozzle for my air compressor,
thats right,my air compressor,very thorough and effective method.

I set it to 60 psi,doesn't hurt a thing. Done it this way for years :D

Ok smart ass, the cpu somehow fused to the cpu cooler. I released the cooler lock, and wiggled, but nothing happened. I continued to gently wiggle and the cooler and cpu came out of the socket. The locking lever was down, so when I went to reinstalled the cpu (with it still on the cooler) the lever was still in the down position. I was removing the cooler because it was full of dust, I never thought the chip set would come out with it. I have made arrangements with NASA to use a wind tunnel facility to clean my rig in the future. I even get to wear one of those bitch'n space suit thingys...JJ

#29 Santano

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Was cleaning my gaming rig and ended up bending many pins on the CPU...Bummer...JJ

Back to the Mac till Fed arrives... <_<

Were you cleaning it with a hammer? :shutup:

#30 Animal Mother

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

My apology sir JJ :whippingsmiley:

#31 JJ

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

My apology sir JJ :whippingsmiley:

Jesus Greg lighten up...right after I put the rig back together the power supply in my monitor started to have an intermittent short. That got boxed and sent back to ViewSonic yesterday, luckily I have three others to choose from...JJ

Nice monitor too 22" Widescreen with a 3ms :blink:

#32 KatManDu

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

The credit card trick works great.
First you use it on the chip, then you use it when you order a new chip.

#33 JJ

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

The credit card trick works great.
First you use it on the chip, then you use it when you order a new chip.

I think that was exactly what happened, the pins stayed bent and the credit card got lighter... :withstup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com