Photo

sv_allow_wait_command

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LeadPaint

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Something I've brought up on occasion and was suggested to bring to the forums. I've done some research on it, it was brought about because of scripting in TF2. But this should stop most quick switching, counter-strafing, and some carbine spam scripts. I can't think of any legit scripts that could be broken by this. Thoughts?
  • Moose Springsteen likes this

#2 ski

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I am looking at how this may affect any of our plugin's or anything on the sever side. It is going to take me a little bit to test this out and see if it does mess with anything.

#3 LeadPaint

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

This would break anyone using a condump tied to another command using wait. But that's really a non-issue as the commands can be separated to different keys. Let me know if you get around to testing it server side as I'd like to run some aliases through it myself. I still can't think of any uses for wait other than abusive scripting.

#4 Moose Springsteen

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

That sounds very technical. What does the command actually do? Be interesting if you could successfully implement this, sure other servers would like to know about it too!

Doesn't Dblocker or Kigen AC have this sort of thing blocked anyways? I know they're not cure-alls but it might be worth testing them on Kustom Kettle at some point as so few ppl seem to use it, unfortunately...

#5 LeadPaint

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ah, I don't think anything can block these. These aren't "cheats". You might could consider some of them exploits, but thats as far as you can go there (I'm looking at you quick switch/ quick scope). The console is available to anyone and everyone, and anyone can write a simple bind as it is, but alias's allow you to do so much more. Before the days of "switch to previous weapon" keys built into the game, you had to write your own alias.

The main issue really is the knowledge is out there, but most people refuse to get out and look at it. Even to this day, I have to inform people of how to even enable the console, how to set your rates properly, etc. As far as spreading this knowledge, a few servers do run this command set to 0 which prevents wait commands from being used. However, I find most server admins are... pains.. and don't take advice well. Pretty sure I'm banned from 10+ servers for pointing out the server min/max rates are way out of line.

#6 Moose Springsteen

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Would it help with anti-recoil scripts? Sorry I don't know much about these things. Maybe I'm wrong but some people can unload a full BAR or STG44 across the map accurately, while I have trouble with even short bursts :unsure:

#7 LeadPaint

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Not sure, would have to get a hold of something like that and run it in a test. I've played with several scripts, but not something of that nature because that would be replacing skill, not just supplementing or 'making a routine task easier'. I'll see if I can tinker with something later, but I can only guess how they would do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com