Photo

Custom Sprays

42 replies to this topic

#21 Jac3624

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:48 AM

I found that program you're talking about Monkey. Here's a link to the site: clicky here

#22 Comet

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

What do you save the images as before you drag them into SprayR, which I have.

#23 Jac3624

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'm not quite sure, haven't done much with it. It looks like almost any image file will do.

If you just want to convert an animated gif, just click on the arrow next to the add button and select "Import Animated GIF". If the source file is bigger then ~118kb it wont work in-game and will only show the first frame. It will show a warning if the file is too big.

#24 Monkey

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

What do you save the images as before you drag them into SprayR, which I have.

I used a simple gif for the jumping Monkey. When you open SprayR where you add files there is a litle arrow.... this is where you bring in your gif file to make into a spray.

Posted Image

Note the tic for "make as animation" this must be marked as well.

It shows a small "meter" and if its too large it will ahve a red warning icon. You can actually pull some of the gif animation out to make it the correct size.

Dan, I think I got this program from you long ago when I was trying to make my first spray :)

#25 Comet

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Thanks fellas.

Looks much easier with this program. Yup I forgot about it until you mentioned it again...woot!

#26 Lin

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

SprayR doesn't like me, I keep getting an error message: The system cannot find the path specified.

#27 Jac3624

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

Try selecting your steam account and DoD:S from the drop down menus at the top. I don't know if that will help or not, but it's worth a try.

#28 Monkey

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Try selecting your steam account and DoD:S from the drop down menus at the top. I don't know if that will help or not, but it's worth a try.

Lins game install path is way different than mine. I think this could be the problem shes having.

Mine: E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\monkey\day of defeat source\dod\materials\VGUI\logos

Hers:c:/prog files / VALVE / steam / .........

Does anyone know if this could cause her error? I looked at all my machines the game in on and all were the same as mine above.

#29 Jac3624

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

I use D:\games\Steam\steamapps\Jac3624\day of defeat source\dod\materials\VGUI\logos. It could be the valve folder that's causing the problem. It may not recognize that folder path.

#30 Comet

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

The correct path is what Terry and Jack are showing. Why Lin's SprayR program directs to an alternate path is a mystery. I'll assume Lin you made sure to select your steam account and game (DoD:S). There doesn't appear to be a way to select the path...

I did manage to get Lin her spray, I sent her the images and she used an alternate program.

#31 Monkey

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

The correct path is what Terry and Jack are showing. Why Lin's SprayR program directs to an alternate path is a mystery. I'll assume Lin you made sure to select your steam account and game (DoD:S). There doesn't appear to be a way to select the path...

I did manage to get Lin her spray, I sent her the images and she used an alternate program.

Thanks Dan! I had offered to make it for her but she wanted to be able to make them herself and was determined to do so :)

#32 Lin

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I'm a stubborn poohead. :)

I did make a fake Steam path, the difference in mine is that mine starts with Valve, not Steam. Making that separate path did enable me to extract out the frames because I'm having problems doing so with ImageReady (probably an ID-10-T error) and then was able to use the app that Doc uses, the VTFedit, to put the spray back together. Dan sent me better pics to use, and kitty is grooving away in the server as of this writing. :)

#33 DerRaucher

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

I know you have now the pics you want Lin.
But you can change in the settings.ini from SprayR the place of your Steam Installation.
; -----------------------------
;  SprayR - Konfiguration File
; -----------------------------

[DEBUG]
; Set 'UseCustomSteamDir' to '1' if you want to set manuelle the path to steam.
UseCustomSteamDir=0
; Enter here the path to your steam installation if you use the overwrite mode.
CustomSteamDir=C:\\Steam\\
; Set 'UseCustomSprayRDir' to '1' if you want to set manuelle the working directory.
UseCustomSprayRDir=0
; Enter here the path to your SprayR.exe if you use the overwrite mode.
CustomSprayRDir=C:\\SprayR

#34 Lin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

<3 Thank you!! I have an interview this morning, but I'll check this out when I'm back home.

#35 Doc_UK

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

Woot!

Can't wait to see some of these new animated sprays in game!

DerRaucher you gonna join us in game bro??

#36 DerRaucher

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

I have CS, CS:S, DoD, DoD:S for some years now but never played it really. I have to do some train in the game but yes i will try to join the server.

#37 Doc_UK

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

1 shot kill with K98.....

Run for the hills!!!!!!!!
:shutup:

:coo:

#38 Enforcer

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Unless I see DerRaucher first in my MG sights..silly one shot kill players..the more bullets the better..

#39 Doc_UK

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

:rofl:

You go get him Steve!

I'll provide encouragement/support from a safe distance strategic location.
:wasnt-me:

#40 sagittarii

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hello,

I get 2 different errors when I try to upload one of Comets sprays.

When I try the original file from Comet (jpg) it says the file is damaged.
When I convert this file to a bmp it says like "error while installing temprory file".

weird, no idea what that means. ill did some research and found a site which recommends to upload vtf. files. my photoshop 7 dosnt have that feature though...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com