Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#61 Wasabi®

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

Today's Changes

We are piloting 30 minute rounds (changed from the current 45 minute timer) for about 5 days to see how it does. Rotation has also been updated.

I have been busy with some background things and will continue to be for a while. I plan to update Aberdeen, Midway, and Bocage CTF this week.

• Stamper likes this

#62 Stamper

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

Are you saying that Aberdeen, Midway and Bocage will be CTF?

I'm excited either way.

Could 30-45 minutes be adjusted to certain maps?  Large ones like Market, Bocage, Midway and even Battle of the Bulge could need larger times, while maps like Stalingrad and Berlin could benefit from 30-min maps.

Today's Changes

We are piloting 30 minute rounds (changed from the current 45 minute timer) for about 5 days to see how it does. Rotation has also been updated.

I have been busy with some background things and will continue to be for a while. I plan to update Aberdeen, Midway, and Bocage CTF this week.

#63 mistamontiel

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:31 PM

Wish I saw new Market CTF! Two flags to watch+take such overkill!

Omaha TDM kill the insta-chutes already!!

#64 Wasabi®

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:39 PM

You just missed it :) We ran it earlier with 20+ players. 8-6 Axis victory

#65 Wasabi®

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:19 PM

Today's additions:

Midway (CQ):

• Added back submarines.
  • Added a rotating para spawn for both teams encircling the two flags on the island for infantry action
  • Remove the existing para spawn.
  • Unlocked the carriers so they can be driven. Please do not drive them off the map!
  • Reverted Axis planes to stock models (BF109 -> Zero, Ilyushin -> AichiVal) 
  • Removed confusing Japanese CTF flag on the east of the island
  • More AA at airfield
  • AA at Coastal Defense flag
  • More jeeps on the land part
  • Reverted tanks to Sherman/Chi-Ha

Coral Sea (CQ):

• Reverted the fake torpedo bomber (where torpedoes behave like bombs) to a normal dive bomber.

#66 Wasabi®

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:00 AM

Today's Changes:

Midway (CQ):

• Fixed an issue with the moving para drop being unavailable when its "host" ship is sunk. 

Aberdeen (CQ):

• Uncaps removed
  • Fast tank spawn times
  • Double spawn for tanks
  • Axis starts with southeast flag, Allied starts with northwest flag (in addition to mains) - this is in stock map

Market Garden (CQ) / Bocage (CQ):

• Faster jeep respawns + double spawn

Wake CQ / Wake CTF:

• Faster jeep respawns + double spawn

Battle of the Bulge (CQ):

• Increased bot count

• Capn Cackler likes this

#67 Capn Cackler

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

Today's Changes:

Midway (CQ):

• Fixed an issue with the moving para drop being unavailable when its "host" ship is sunk. 

Thanks, I noticed it yesterday but forgot to mention it. I thought it might have been part of the map.

#68 Wasabi®

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:14 AM

Today's Additions / Changes:

New re-freshed version of Bocage CTF. 

Bocage (CTF):

• Replace B-17s with 2-seater bombers (SBD / Stuka)
  • Remove 1 fighter plane per side
  • 1 heavy + 2 light tanks per side
  • Bridge flags spawn a jeep and scootah.
  • Sawmill flag spawns jeep / scootah + arty. 
  • Jeep at base of windmill 
  • Add an AA at Allied base 
  • Jeeps / scootahs in the random houses in the outskirts of the map

Wake (CTF):

• More jeeps
  • AA at axis main close to spawns
  • Replaced Allied side LCVP with Daihatsu

Iwo Jima (CQ):

• Make plane bombs reloadable again
  • Fix double-spawning MG gun

Aberdeen (CQ):

• Remove 1 heavy tank per team (3 -> 2 per team)

Battleaxe (CQ):

• Fast jeep spawns / doublespawn

• Lin, Christine1 and Capn Cackler like this

#69 Capn Cackler

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:16 AM

Today's Additions / Changes:

Iwo Jima (CQ):

• Fix double-spawning MG gun

I laughed when I imagined 2 streams of bullets comin from "1" buzzsaw

#70 Wasabi®

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:38 AM

Today's changes

The idle map is now Bocage and the first map in the rotation is Bocage

Market Garden (CQ):

• Add jeep @ church 

Iwo Jima (CQ):

• Fixed another double-spawning MG nest

Midway:

• Faster spawning AA guns and slightly slower spawning carrier planes

#71 Wasabi®

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

2020-05-27

Today's Changes

Kharkov (CQ):

• Add scooters near hills in front of main bases (B4 / G5)
  • Fast spawning jeeps
  • Fix AA location in between trees at allied main
  • AA guns at the bridge flags

#72 Wasabi®

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:08 PM

2020-05-28 

Today's Changes 

Road to Rome / Secret Weapons

• Grenades/ExpPacks unnerfed and now do full damage as per stock settings
  • Bazooka / Panzerschreck un-nerfed.

Anzio CTF

• Reduce the Bf110/Mosquito spawn to 1 per side (previously double spawner)

• Capn Cackler likes this

#73 Angerfist

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:11 AM

So far I liked most (maybe all?) changes you guys made, or at least they didn't bother me.

Really dislike the 30 min timer though. I would understand it if the pop would be really low, but on normal pop...

Especially when an interesting round is growing pop, map changes usually do not a positive impact. Besides that, I can only think about my personal taste why I dislike it. What were the reasons / thoughts for reducing the timer to 30?

#74 Wasabi®

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:26 AM

The timer was changed to 30 minutes because we continually observed a pattern of a high number of disconnects by the players around the 30-35 minute mark (and that lost population usually did not recover before the end of the round). 

I agree that some maps should be longer (Market/Bocage or the larger maps). Admins have been actively increasing time to 45 or even 60 depending on the round. If I can get the automated scripting working I am hoping to assign explicit 45min timers to certain maps vs 30min for the others but that's quite some time away yet.

#75 Angerfist

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

The timer was changed to 30 minutes because we continually observed a pattern of a high number of disconnects by the players around the 30-35 minute mark (and that lost population usually did not recover before the end of the round). 

I agree that some maps should be longer (Market/Bocage or the larger maps). Admins have been actively increasing time to 45 or even 60 depending on the round. If I can get the automated scripting working I am hoping to assign explicit 45min timers to certain maps vs 30min for the others but that's quite some time away yet.

Roger, thanks.

#76 Angerfist

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

Today's Changes / Additions

Market Garden (CTF)

• Reduced jeep spawn time

i just killed a turbo jeep at steel bridge. The dude simply respawned a few seconds later, took the turbo jeep which respawned a also few seconds later and killed me while I was repairing. 

EDIT II: before this happened, a teammate damaged me to 60% with a jeep on the steel bridge because he wasn't able to handle the turbo

EDIT: I just killed 4 Turbojeeps in 1,5 min. The 5th finally got me, the same dude respawned 3 times. This is just unreal.

#77 Wasabi®

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

The turbo jeeps need to be fixed on El Al / Market CTF so that they don't insta-kill tanks (so it behaves more like a normal jeep). We put small turbo on Guadal due to the map size and initially they had this problem, which I have now fixed...should be pretty easy fix. 

As for respawn time, it needs to be done carefully. You want action on CTF. It may be worth trying to lengthen the spawn times at the jeeps that are not at the main base (the bridge jeeps)

#78 Angerfist

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

Well there was an allied guy hiding on the axis side of steel bridge, just waiting for the next jeep to spawn after I destroyed the first one he tried to reach (and waiting for me to try to cross the bridge) so that he could hit me from the back. While I was facing 5 jeeps from the front.

If you need turbo to get action on a map (since when is that necessary?), just keep things like they are now. People seem to love it. I'll just disconnect next time the map runs.

#79 Wasabi®

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:32 PM

It's at the very end of the rotation and won't run unless it gets mapvoted (like it did today), for the most part so you don't need to worry too much. I can see why it sucks as a tanker. Let's see how it is with the reduced jeep collision damage (tanks won't die to turbojeeps) and make further adjustments if necessary from there. The bridges perhaps should spawn less jeeps compared to the mains.

We have turbo jeeps on 3 maps: El Al CTF, Market CTF, and Guadal CQ. On El Al CTF it has been there for ages. Market CTF is a brand new map and actively being adjusted. Initially we had no turbo on, that but the majority opinion was that it was needed. Ditto Guadal - very slight turbo, and code has been adjusted to keep them from killing tanks.

#80 Angerfist

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

It's at the very end of the rotation and won't run unless it gets mapvoted (like it did today), for the most part so you don't need to worry too much. I can see why it sucks as a tanker. Let's see how it is with the reduced jeep collision damage (tanks won't die to turbojeeps) and make further adjustments if necessary from there. The bridges perhaps should spawn less jeeps compared to the mains.

We have turbo jeeps on 3 maps: El Al CTF, Market CTF, and Guadal CQ. On El Al CTF it has been there for ages. Market CTF is a brand new map and actively being adjusted. Initially we had no turbo on, that but the majority opinion was that it was needed. Ditto Guadal - very slight turbo, and code has been adjusted to keep them from killing tanks.

I've got some more questions after this answer, but it's better to talk about that in a PM or in TS. Might write you later, or next time when we meet in TS if you got the time.

Thx for the responses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com