Favorite maps

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

What is your favorite map, and why?

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:26 AM

Any map with a lot of players. More players more fun.

#3 Rubulator

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

Miller sounds like he should be a politician.

Vanilla - Market
SW/RTR - RAID!!!

• Angerfist likes this

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:27 AM

Free cookies and milk for every player! Miller 2020!

• Rubulator likes this

#5 dodgem

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:00 AM

Omaha Beach TDM 2700 tickets - it's the map Moon played 24/7 on its TDM server for a good 5 years and what got me hooked on the game.  4-5 hour long matches where your only concern is score (and increasing your score by gaining a flag advantage).  The struggle of being Allied and getting up and over the ramps with the intention of either raiding the bunkers and taking the middle flag, or hanging around the top towards Axis main as infantry causing a nuisance (mining roads/equipment, taking out the defguns, picking off infantry, spotting for the Fletcher).  And, if you were axis, making it difficult for Allied to get up the ramps or raid the bunkers and picking off their snipers to stop them spotting for the ship.

Lots of people these days think Omaha is boring but I imagine the majority of them just need to have a bit more patience when playing as Allied.  It should never be a given that you'll get to the bunkers at middle or be able to take a jeep to the top in one attempt.  It's a challenge and that's what makes it fun. 

Of course, any map can be made to be less fun when teams are unbalanced or stacked.   

For the best (usually infantry) players, you'd also have the challenge of looking to "break" the in-game scoreboard by hitting 255 kills.  After that, the in-game scoreboard for that player doesn't update.

• Some Girl Named Cher, Luose, Zap Rowsdower and 1 other like this

#6 Angerfist

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:30 AM

Vanilla - Market
SW/RTR - RAID!!!

He definetely is slick like a full time politician

• Rubulator likes this

#7 The_Curley

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:30 AM

Omaha 

Market

Berlin

#8 Capn Cackler

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:54 AM

The New Midway

Bocage

Any map thats wide open with lots of infantry!

#9 .....Master.....

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:21 AM

Tobruk

Market

Battle of the bulge

#10 birney

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:16 AM

Omaha Beach TDM 2700 tickets - it's the map Moon played 24/7 on its TDM server for a good 5 years and what got me hooked on the game.  4-5 hour long matches where your only concern is score (and increasing your score by gaining a flag advantage).  The struggle of being Allied and getting up and over the ramps with the intention of either raiding the bunkers and taking the middle flag, or hanging around the top towards Axis main as infantry causing a nuisance (mining roads/equipment, taking out the defguns, picking off infantry, spotting for the Fletcher).  And, if you were axis, making it difficult for Allied to get up the ramps or raid the bunkers and picking off their snipers to stop them spotting for the ship.

update.

Absolutely agree!!  Best map most fun I have had ever!

From a admin perspective... On a good day your admired. On a bad day it was hell on earth lol

• Lonewolf-McQuade likes this

#11 birney

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:12 AM

I wrote the Omaha TDM below in another post called Best bf42 memory Being slightly experienced on all things Moon it did not take long to find. All though I did get caught up in reading other threads.

Omaha beach TDM - 2,700

Six, seven, eight people in a Higgins steaming onto the beach, noob in steering seat. Ramp does not go down, nade gets thrown in.....

start again...

Seven people in a higgins steaming onto the beach ramp goes down
six people make it, I get shot...

start again...

One person in a higgins boat steaming onto the beach, put the ramp down, make it to first tank trap than do in impromptu impression of a kite as a defgun shell takes you out...

Start again...

Higgins boat, ramp, past the tank trap, running up the beach as a small dark round object comes out of a bunker. You watch as it curls towards you in a perfect arc, lands at your feet and...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, make it up to the middle of a ramp, enemy jeep hits you on its way down..

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac laying there..bugger!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, over the lip of the hill and 'Ohh Crap a tank'!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank. Down the stairs Mano-o-Mano machine gun fight...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, machine gun fight, to the middle flag. Lay down and..knifed.

It rhymes with clucking bell!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, one on one machine gun fight, to the middle flag, lay down, 2,697, 2,698, 2,699, 2,700, at long last its over! Two hours of fun-filled game play and we lost!!. Map resets..

Start again..

Bliss!!

==============

• Lonewolf-McQuade likes this

#12 Section8

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

Omaha

Omaha

and... thinking.... oh yes, Omaha.

from Moders to Moon

running past middle taken flag, up the hill right side, Chicken calls out, "Hey 8?" "Yes" I answer only to be knifed. Bastage. 

Stopping Thor's bullets with my face and chest. 

Stopping Breed's bullets with my face as he plays corner whore.

Running up the left side ramp to take middle flag with {OTC} Roddy. Having Jason Bourne and No Guts No Glory pour out and mow us down. (If they had practiced more, they could have been better)

Running up the left side ramp to take middle flag and BOOM! Tambulance with his [expletive here] expacts. 

Running up the right side of ramp only to have ginormous tank shoot me in the face. (needs salt)

Running along side the cliff beach to circumvent Tambulance in left bunker only to have BOOM! SmellyCowSquid says no. 

Finally having Sun and or Skaffe do the hill climb, take the top flag, everyone rushes up, and I take the middle flag as if I did all the work. Priceless.

#13 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

When I was younger, I used to loathe Omaha, I guess I didn't have the patience for it. It grew on me as I began to favor trying out more defensive play (on top of the hill.) Moon has (had?) a pretty intense meat-grind mod for Omaha too, that's one probably one of the best I've seen - where you drop from the planes. I would get hand cramps from playing that mod until the tickets were out. Good stuff.

#14 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 13 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

omaha.

i do miss the 24/7 days of omaha here. i wasnt that good at it. like,at all. but i had a blast.

with enough people,i like the Philippines and midway.  its neat to have fully manned ships out on the open sea.

#15 Luose

Posted 14 June 2020 - 06:45 AM

Lots of people these days think Omaha is boring but I imagine the majority of them just need to have a bit more patience when playing as Allied.  It should never be a given that you'll get to the bunkers at middle or be able to take a jeep to the top in one attempt.  It's a challenge and that's what makes it fun. 

Of course, any map can be made to be less fun when teams are unbalanced or stacked.   

For the best (usually infantry) players, you'd also have the challenge of looking to "break" the in-game scoreboard by hitting 255 kills.  After that, the in-game scoreboard for that player doesn't update.

!!----!!!----!! Omaha TDM 2700 tickets 24/7 !!----!!!----!!

I, on many occassions went hours on this map, doing exactly what dodgem has said, trying to rack up that score past 255 and beyond! No better feeling than beating the score board, no better feeling that finally pushing past center flag to cause havoc around the bunkers, no better feeling than reaching the top, either left ramp climb or around the right to screw with top spawn, frustrating the hell out of the axis team and pestering them 'that much' that you start to pull back people from middle flag to come kill you, and allies then manage to get middle flag, PRICELESS.

I do miss the old Omaha days, by far my most favourite map of all time, frustrating often, just getting up those ramps, but boy was it worth it when you did :gunsmi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com