Photo

Forums Messaging Turned Off...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hello,

My forums messaging was turned off earlier, leaving me unable to message (which I think was the point) but also unable to retrieve stored messages. Is this something that could be reactivated please?

-lw

#2 Lin

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

We will discuss this in the Senior Admin forum.

#3 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thank you.

#4 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Lin (or other admins?)

Have there been any new developments regarding my request?

Thank you.

-LW

Edited by Lonewolf-McQuade, 14 November 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#5 Lin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yes, I apologize that I did forget to come back here and post. Your request was declined by majority vote.

#6 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

No worries about the response, Lin. I imagined that you were busy with important things!

I don't know if it was mentioned in the admin discussion, but I have no history of messaging people abusively or with foul language. There may have been a few times that individuals didn't like what I had to say, but I always tried to conduct myself with some semblance of basic courtesy as best as I can recall. I also would never attempt to communicate with someone if they had asked me not to (and no one had asked me so far as I can recall.) Perhaps there are people that have been through your forums in the past that are prone to vulgar, abusive posts, and messages... I am not. I could easily imagine that they would be deserving of such regulation.

This being said, I would hope that the decision isn't infinitely final (as I have a message awaiting and past messages to get contact information from) In the meanwhile, while I disagree with the outcome, I respect the decision and I DO appreciate that the senior admin took the time to consider it for me.

Thanks,
-lw

(fixed a typo)

Edited by Lonewolf-McQuade, 17 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#7 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

MG Forum Admin/ Techies,

I'm sorry to have to tie someone up with this request, but would it be possible to have the decision from a year ago reconsidered? Within the last 24hrs someone has sent me a private message that I am unable to access. My concern is that it may be an admin or related to my recent re-ban? I just don't want someone to think I'm ignoring them/ being rude. Thanks for the consideration.

-lw

#8 Bullet-BS

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Standby for our decision.

Bullet-BS®
SrAdmin

#9 Lin

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Once again, there is a unanimous and resounding NO to this. The only thing that has changed here is the date; your gameplay and persona remain the same. In addition, after this weekend (so you have a chance to read this and know what is happening) I'll be removing you from the forum altogether.

#10 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Lin,

After an entire year in forums (& shoutbox) without any negative interactions, and after 5+ months of being (mistakenly) treated as anyone else on the 42 server without a single incident or comment from an admin in game the ONE thing that truly hasn't changed is the perception of me. The reality is that I am a basically decent person, and I am also flawed like everyone else. I'm not always as patient as I should be. Importantly, I am willing to own my past mistakes, learn from them, and make good with others if they are receptive. It seems that the MG board is not receptive, and that appears to be beyond my reasonable ability to change. Years ago I would have possibly flamed in forums and elsewhere, avoided the ban, or who knows what. That hasn't been the case with me for some time now. SOME things have changed. I don't say this because I'm asking to be unbanned, and the chance at reasonable access to the forums is clearly off the table as well. I say this because if you're going to make a public judgement of me as a person, I think it's important and fair to recognize these things as well. This decision feels bitter, and arbitrary. The closure of my account, dehumanizing. That is only my honest perception, it's not meant as an insult.

Regardless, I've had some great experiences at MG, especially in the last few months with players that are more dedicated than ever to BF42. Thank you, Lin, for giving me personal notice of the closure of my account and a chance to respond. I have read the response and regretfully agree that the best thing to do in this circumstance is to simply remove my account as soon as it is convenient for you. Thanks to your board for their time and re-consideration of this despite the outcome. I know you all have playing to do, so I'll end it here. Good luck. -David

#11 Lin

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

The closure of your account is not to dehumanize...it's because there is no point in having an active account when you have been permanently banned from playing here.

David you write well, you sound believable, but the problem is you always paint yourself the victim, in every forum that you have visited. When I was told you were back on our server, I went into the logs to see if you had learned anything from your absence or if you retained the characteristics that eventually led to your banning. I saw complaints about the server, the map modding, the players, and more "hmmm..." and the primary result of my log search is that you had not changed your behavior...at all. Over the years here you were given multiple chances, multiple warnings, multiple opportunities to adapt your behavior but you have failed in any endeavor you might have made to do so. I researched your behavior on other servers and other forums, and found consistency in all, including your eventual ban from those other places. Spending more hours on you is simply not in our future.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Note the disinvited status. I don't even know if he can read this any longer. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com