Photo

Admin Recognition

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

There are a lot of complaints against the admins, so I figure a thread to pat them on the back would be nice. Did any of the admin do something recently to keep you happy and vested in the server? Post it here!
Positive comments only please!

Squirrel,

Thank you for running Phil yesterday. It is one of my favorite maps but due to the larger pop requirement to make it work, does not get played often. We had probably the bare minimum needed to run it but you did. There were multiple requests to run it again from happy players. Your addition of time was a fair compromise to running it a second time. The players made respectful requests, you compromised and complied, you kept us happy. Thank you!

• dodgem, sagittarii, -=TheTroopeR=- and 4 others like this

#2 Moving Target

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

I 2nd Philippines yesterday. I enjoyed it.

And I enjoy talking smack to admins for fun. I've found in most cases if you follow the rules, have fun, and make a joke or two they always seem to give it right back.

#3 D Day

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

I appreciate the admins letting me kill them over and over again, especially Angerfist. 

#4 mexican eskimo

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

It's part of their job to make us happy.  It's why they make the big buckaroos.  

• dodgem and Grinch like this

#5 Lin

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

Thank you to the admin who has sacrificed his time consistently every Sunday for the last several years to host the expansion maps.

Thank you to the admin who backs up the server files in case of server failure.

Thank you to the admin who watches the server for idlers.

Thank you to the admin who babysits the server for days on end when we're being attacked, watching for and blocking the attackers.

Thank you to the admin who has worked on the server to add more toys for the boys.

If you know who this is, don't spoil it. Let the players try to take guesses. ;)

• dodgem, sagittarii, LeftMouseShoot? and 8 others like this

#6 Moving Target

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

Thank you to the admin who has sacrificed his time consistently every Sunday for the last several years to host the expansion maps.
Thank you to the admin who babysits the server for days on end when we're being attacked, watching for and blocking the attackers.
Thank you to the admin who has worked on the server to add more toys for the boys.

If you know who this is, don't spoil it. Let the players try to take guesses. ;)

Santa?

#7 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

good job gents,and gentettes.

i've played here for...going on like 12 years. the admins here have always kept things going smoothly.

we are pretty much all adults,it shouldnt be too much to ask that we act as such.

• Spare Parts likes this

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:41 AM

Thank you Grassy, enjoy retirement, play for fun.  Your example is why I came out of the shadows.  Yes, I blame you.

• dodgem, -=TheTroopeR=- and Rubulator like this

#9 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

I'd like to put the thank you spotlight on one of Grassy's final acts.

Some guy was being a wiener and team wounding ships on Guadal. I let Grassy know and he booted the guy. Another player steps in and this led to a quick exchange of words I found hilarious.

"You kicked my friend!"
"Yeah your friend was being a jerk."

Thanks for all your service Grassy!

• Lin and Rubulator like this

#10 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Sag,

Thank you for running Telemark CTF today. I often request CTF and am usually met with no response or an outright lie that CTF maps aren't available. You responded to the request without shutting it down immediately, looked into what the available options were, and ran it after a couple more players backed the request. As stated in Grassy's thread, "you are in customer service" and you provided that today. You also proved that running something other than wake kbley and anzio CTF will not cause the server to explode into a black hole and kill all life on earth.

Thank you!

• sagittarii and shavo like this

#11 shavo

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

That was f......... CrazY !!!!!! i was like, WOW!!!! That was alot of fun and well thought out.

- taking out planes

- Spawning away from captureable flag.

CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LikE iT !

Thank you sag for running it

- the green manalishi

Sag,

Thank you for running Telemark CTF today. I often request CTF and am usually met with no response or an outright lie that CTF maps aren't available. You responded to the request without shutting it down immediately, looked into what the available options were, and ran it after a couple more players backed the request. As stated in Grassy's thread, "you are in customer service" and you provided that today. You also proved that running something other than wake kbley and anzio CTF will not cause the server to explode into a black hole and kill all life on earth.

Thank you!

• sagittarii likes this

#12 Renlist

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

You sound qualified. Wish there were more?

#13 Lin

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Oh golly I wouldn't toot my own horn like this. It is someone else.

#14 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for running maps Sag, sucks I wasn't there for Midway. ;)

• posi, sagittarii and Eliminator like this

#15 Steve2112

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

You sound qualified. Wish there were more?

Spoil sport/  :bangin:

#16 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

Twilight,

Thank you for maintaining a real discussion on a sensitive topic. This was an extremely refreshing change from how those threads usually go. Opening the lines of communication between players and admin for real dialogue is greatly appreciated.

Miller,

Thank you for stepping up to be the voice of the admin team. Not only are you good for doing this, but you also maintain a positive dialogue.

• dodgem likes this

#17 Highway Man

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

:withstup:

#18 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

posi,

Thank you for being the one to jump in on discussions regarding mods, maps, installs, etc. to simplify things for those who don't speak computernese.

• posi and Rubulator like this

#19 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

Thanks to whoever put the time into the Market CTF map. It is a very neat design and its pretty awesome to have essentially a new map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com