Photo

3 Large Bags in 3 days gone due to stary glitch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thirteen

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

They are all a glitch in some fashion, the first two bags, I believe were a click error that caused it, so I take the responsibility on that. Silver replaced the first one, I choose to replace the second one with the mindset that if I paid 2 10 oz gold for it I would be more careful with it.

So tonight I went to STary to replace my 2nd bag, I had the 2 10oz gold in my active, No bag on at all, made the purchase and I get no bag. The gold is gone and I still don't have a bag. No where to be seen on the ground (the stary glitch).

I gave up. What's the point in trying to purchase the bag in stary (only place to buy it if I understand correctly) when it's just going to glitch out on you.

As you can tell I am frustrated with this issue. I know the 1st two I mis-clicked and caused. This time however I did the normal purchase from a trader thing and got taken.

Those on TS said, Silver can replace the gold, which I am sure he can. I'd rather just have the bag.

Hopefully the patch will fix this glitch or weird thing that happens.

Cheers,

#2 LeadPaint

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Well.. I went through the effort to attempt to reproduce this. Did you not get an error?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1'

No bag was given. Now... I know I have a couple of spares laying around. I'm almost positive others do as well. It shouldn't be hard to replace it.

#3 Lin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Silver has been told of this issue and is working on it. For now though, you need a gunbag. The large gunbag holds 60 items; the next size down holds 50 items. Still a respectable amount, and can carry you through until the glitch is fixed. The 50-slot bag is called the Backpack Coyote (not to be confused with the PatrolPack Coyote). The Backpack Coyote is available in Stary, purchase price is 8 gold bars.

#4 Enforcer

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

And if I'm in, let me know. As an admin of the server, it is partially my fault you have lost your gold and I certainly have no problem with getting you your currency back. I would equally frustrated in not having the bag as well, and I don't blame your feeling about the issue.

I know you are also not worried about the gold as it can be replaced fairly easily but, still, fair is fair. For that matter, if you want my large pack, you can have it. I can run with the backpack coyote as I rarely need all that room in my pack. I just don't typically carry that much on me.

#5 LeadPaint

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

I left a large gunbag in a shed at Lin's...

#6 JohnAlan

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

A quick edit of your character in the database while your not in game can fix the issue by the admin. Change current backpack with "large_gunbag_dze" i think. Wahala! When you join the game, you have a large gunbag.

#7 Thirteen

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Thank you all for the replies... I understand that it is an issue, and I did see an error like that but I have been getting those on imgs in the gear in as well, I just assumed (I know I know) that it was one of those and didn't write it down.

I figured Silver would see this message and eventually find me and set me straight.

Enforcer, the issues with the server are not an "admin's" fault. I hate the textual medium for communication, because I often come across incorrectly.

I am not upset, just annoyed due to the close proximity of the 3 bags... 1 was an issue I caused, because I was unaware of the stary issue, second one was my impatience, hence my attempted purchase of the 3rd which is where the gold was stolen by that glitch.

Lead... thanks for the back I'll go there and check for it now. I have a bag Warrior gave me that he found that day which is far better than the terminal pack I purchased to hold me over.

It's amazing how useful that big bag is.

Thanks for the help all,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com