Photo

constant dive bombing

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Colonel Tavington

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

I enjoy Punky's forays into the main, both for the joking around about it and in dealing with him by bazooka, landmine, tank, aa, and plane. 

#22 posi

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

In lieu of Par Shooter verifying his topic , I do believe the Topic Line speaks for itself.  Camping is well defined on the server but loosely used as a term.  

------------------------------------------

A common euphemism is "Even too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes"  

Everyone has an effect,  many have been on the other side of a rage quit and there is an argument to be made that players will drop faster suppressed by Infantry than they will from something they had little chance to change and were not engaged in repelling.

The topic was "Constant Dive Bombing" ,  this can easily touch upon attacking the mains but the planes can't by definition be capping and 'constant' anything else. 

It can touch upon team stacking though a swing in power can happen unintentionally.

I would urge you all to continue, be specific, tread lightly and follow the main topic.  

Continue.

#23 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

Par does your original post refer to the main bases being camped?  Just curious

You're the first one to write the word 'camp' btw.

#24 Grassy

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

Par does your original post refer to the main bases being camped?  Just curious

You're the first one to write the word 'camp' btw.

You tell me what the difference is here John?  Dive bombing a spawn point to the point when people spawn and die is a form of camping with no attempt to take the flag..My simple question was to Par on his meaning of his post and asked included Main spawns for clarification about Posi's post about being off topic.  Once again a reactive post instead of proactive gesture toward a solution.  Why not let the man respond first before you subjugate and try to discredit me and trying to cloud the issue.   

#25 Spare Parts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

In the game in question, a game almost none of you were playing, but all have very strong opinions about ...  In that game, the map was Kursk and the Blue team was being dive bombed EVERYWHERE.  There were very few players but two talented pilots on Red.  If you were standing next to a vehicle, you died.  If you walked to a flag, the moment it turned gray you were bombed.  If they killed you they would bomb the most likely place you would spawn in next and killed you. We were not confined to our main, flags were not the issue.  Dying and dying a lot was the problem.  It was so unfun that Par Shooter came here to ask if we could lower the sky.

As far as this thread is going, it seems pretty clear that Par was happy with and even thankful for the response from Twilight.  It was nice to read Par being civil, I don't see that in the game too often.  Then Grassy, you add your two cents, which you are allowed and encouraged to do.  However you clearly hijacked this thread and forced your own agenda.  I was going to call you out for it the moment you did it, but I erased my reply, and now I regret doing that. David, you must know there is a difference between basecamping and spawncamping, otherwise you wouldn't have asked Par to clarify. Spawncamping can happen at any spawn point, basecamping happens in the base and can include but not limited to, spawncamping.  You have a chip on your shoulder about this basecamping rule, a rule that some hoped would be a compromise, you call a "slap in the face", a rule you say "never" gets enforced but in the next line say "rarely".  You are kind of all over the place and whereas you are more than welcome to express your opinions, perhaps, in this case, silence would have been more appropriate. 

• Twilight likes this

#26 Grassy

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

I guess the part of Par suggesting a "death bubble"  over the main was a typo.

Nice post SP...btw :)

#27 Par Shooter

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hello all,

First to Spare Parts, I think your comment about me not being civil during the game is a tad unfair, yes I agree I get a bit cross sometimes but its only because in my limited knowledge about pings and latency and all the technical stuff , is that I see an enemy I shoot him with about 8-13 bullets maybe and nothing seems to happen, they they fire back and seem to kill me instantly ,Max for one always kills me really fast , for two reasons I guess 1, he is a Far better player than I am and 2, my ping, this then causes me to get frustrated and for most of the game I think I am mostly chatting friendly and having a lot of banter with others.and always commend a good shot or move

I apologise if I come across other ways .

As my first post mentioned its dive bombing of the main spawn,and as Spare correctly says we were confined to one spawn point and were being bombed and killed within 5 seconds of spawning mostly.

These pilots are not interested in capping a flag just scoring points ,I am mostly trying to cap flags and thats why my death rate is so high as well as me being old, slow and profoundly useless all in all but enjoy your server hence why I play.

I only suggested the death bubble over the certain map main spawn points so as to stop the aforementioned bombing so as to give the "bombed" team a chance to get out and fight back .

As a suggestion is there a map where it could be a snipe only one , no Tanks,machine guns,nades etc just a lot of sneaking about with a rifle/knife looking for a one shot one kill ?

Regards To all

Par

#28 Grassy

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the response Par to my question on that. I kinda had a feeling you were speaking about the mains all along, My "Agenda"  was to make sure the responses were to the correct question.  Without coming from you T'is only I trying to make something of nothing as there was a bit of confusion as to whether it was a regular flag spawn outside the main...or the main base itself in some of the responses

Thank you and much respect!

• Par Shooter likes this

#29 Steve2112

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Hello all,

First to Spare Parts, I think your comment about me not being civil during the game is a tad unfair, yes I agree I get a bit cross sometimes but its only because in my limited knowledge about pings and latency and all the technical stuff , is that I see an enemy I shoot him with about 8-13 bullets maybe and nothing seems to happen, they they fire back and seem to kill me instantly ,Max for one always kills me really fast , for two reasons I guess 1, he is a Far better player than I am and 2, my ping, this then causes me to get frustrated and for most of the game I think I am mostly chatting friendly and having a lot of banter with others.and always commend a good shot or move

As my first post mentioned its dive bombing of the main spawn,and as Spare correctly says we were confined to one spawn point and were being bombed and killed within 5 seconds of spawning mostly.

These pilots are not interested in capping a flag just scoring points ,I am mostly trying to cap flags and thats why my death rate is so high as well as me being old, slow and profoundly useless all in all but enjoy your server hence why I play.

I only suggested the death bubble over the certain map main spawn points so as to stop the aforementioned bombing so as to give the "bombed" team a chance to get out and fight back .

As a suggestion is there a map where it could be a snipe only one , no Tanks,machine guns,nades etc just a lot of sneaking about with a rifle/knife looking for a one shot one kill ?

Regards To all

Par

It is SO refreshing! to see a post from someone else that I have made several times over the years. (see the part I made red) But, unfortunately, I was not always as civil, calm and concise about it as you are. I made that bed myself and take full responsibility for being viewed as a nagging yapper. 

For people that haven;t experienced what you described, or maybe haven;t for many years, it must be hard to sympathize about it, be it ping, latency, skill, video settings, or as some would have it "reaction time". Another thing is movement and the "hit box", the secret inner workings of not only a video game but an old one. So all these factors thrown into a shake n bake bag and fall out in order, people like you and me settle to the bottom...for one aforementioned reason or another. Always swore, even threatened (LOL) to make a video of it, and see what people think about my (yours!) own first hand experience. 

So yes, that does make you frustrated! As far as planes dive bombing uncaps and spawn points.....yep...adding to the frustration pile. As far as spawn raping...One of my first online games was called Subspace...great game! And they had an invincibility spawn, like 3-5 seconds to get out of Dodge. Not sure why this game doesn't employ something like that. Not sure what to do about the pilots who just enjoy being score whores, rather than play in the spirit of the game. SO maybe once in awhile let that plane up in the air and do some air to air battle, eh? 

In the end, people will do what they do...for the most part. Be it just be "good", take advantage of knowing the game or their internet or computer settings...or....whatever. What you CAN control is you. If it's no fun, log out...go get a beer or sandwich...maybe log onto another server for a bit. We'll only get SO good right? And we have whatever hardware and ISP service we have...not gonna change. But we can control ourselves. Keep it fun...even when getting your arse whipped! Lin doesn't charge per spawn, thank god.  :hap1:

• Par Shooter likes this

#30 Angerfist

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

Hello all,

Regards To all

Par

Attached File  y tho.jpg   229.8KB   0 downloads

#31 Renlist

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:15 AM

Doesn't it all come down to who joins at a particular time?  What ya gonna do with that?

#32 Fart in a Jar

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Par Shooter.... I agree with you completely.

I enjoy playing on this server very much, but in all honesty those "players" you referred to suck the fun out of the game and kill the attendance numbers time and again.

There have been times when we've been playing "zooks and knives" on BattleAxe, only to have one of them come in and do nothing but dive bomb. Which in turn would empty the map.

I try to do my best to tolerate it but after a while of not even being able to even move around the map because of it, it's no longer fun to play.

Maybe if you could break up the map rotation with some maps that have no planes or even mod a couple maps to have no planes that might help.

Those "players" who hog the planes just to rack up numbers dive bombing from the clouds and not help get flags usually leave when a map doesn't have planes.

I know that nothing is going to change with this, but I'm glad you posted this Par. You're not the only one that feels that way.

I look forward to more knife-fighting with you on the wing of the B17 parked on top of the steel bridge,

• Hairy Russian Dude and Highway Man like this

#33 Lin

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

We had an ad hoc admin meeting the other day. We're talking about making changes to the server. We've come up with some good ideas which we plan to implement soon. I'm thinking some of those changes might come as a pleasant surprise. :)

• posi and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#34 Lonewolf-McQuade

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

We had an ad hoc admin meeting the other day. We're talking about making changes to the server. We've come up with some good ideas which we plan to implement soon. I'm thinking some of those changes might come as a pleasant surprise. :)

^^ Thank you Lin and others! I too agree with Par's assessment on dive bombing and have found this specific style of play in the extreme to be both critically disruptive/discouraging. Many of us are looking forward to what you-all have come up with in terms of an attempted solution. I know it can be difficult to parse-out and police gaming styles, so the efforts are appreciated! :)

#35 mistamontiel

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:14 AM

First post wonder Fart, I hope "it's" in better hands (avatar)..

Back onto this topic, BF1942 has been nearly two decades

All maps, plus take requests, got it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com