Photo

Choose the Map Rotation (Apr 15 - Apr 29)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose the Map Rotation (Apr 15- 29) (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose the maps you would like to see in the rotation

1. El Alamein (10 votes [27.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

2. Tobruk (11 votes [29.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

3. Battleaxe (8 votes [21.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

4. Aberdeen (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

5. Gazala (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

Vote

#1 bondmaster

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:00 AM

For this round of voting, we are doing the African Theatre!  

Here are your choices (all CQ). You are allowed to vote for 2 maps

El Alamein
Tobruk
Battleaxe
Aberdeen
Gazala

Top two results will make it into the rotation. Voting ends on April 15 (Sunday). Rotation will begin at the end of the SW/RTR event and will remain in place until the following 2nd Sunday. 

Good Luck!!!

• Grassy likes this

#2 pinchythelobster

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Is it possible that if El Al is a winner to have turbo jeeps on that map?

• Highway Man likes this

#3 mistamontiel

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

El Al and Axe casted

Yes love to see more CTF

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#4 Highway Man

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

:withstup: 

i AGREE 100%

When are we going to stop the theatre's and go to the drive ins or Cinemas.....

#5 bondmaster

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

:withstup:

i AGREE 100%

When are we going to stop the theatre's and go to the drive ins or Cinemas.....

I think that is a fantastic idea. I will inquire and get back to you on this. 

Highway Man, Theater can mean more than movies...have you ever been to a play or musical? Besides, it doesnt sound right to say African Drive in or Pacific Cinema.  ;)

• Highway Man likes this

#6 pinchythelobster

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

Thanks Bond. I’m abstaining my vote u til I hear back. You’re the best.

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

abstaining???  That when one spills on one's tummy and it leaves a stain????   :)    :)  

• Highway Man likes this

#8 Highway Man

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

abstain.png

• HARRY TRIGGER likes this

#9 pinchythelobster

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

abstaining???  That when one spills on one's tummy and it leaves a stain????   :)    :)  

Sort of.....think of it more like a sharp claw poking a hole in a tummy and blood flowing out. 

• HARRY TRIGGER and Highway Man like this

#10 Angerfist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

With a high ping, it's almost impossible to hit the turbo jeeps. The jeeps do survive it when they crash into tanks.

That's not really motivating the standard Euro player to stay in our server.

#11 bondmaster

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

With a high ping, it's almost impossible to hit the turbo jeeps. The jeeps do survive it when they crash into tanks.

That is a good point Angerfist. However wouldn't you agree that the turbo jeeps are beneficial if the map had only 10 players?

#12 Angerfist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

That is a good point Angerfist. However wouldn't you agree that the turbo jeeps are beneficial if the map had only 10 players?

Of course people would save some time. But that wouldn't really make much of a difference, the map is huge but not too huge. 2 - 3 min from flag to flag is ok in my opinion. If players constantly have the time to drive from main to main on Battleaxe or the long way on Bocage, then they also can drive around on El Al cq with normal jeeps.

I don't mind Admins manually setting the CTF version, but I don't think it will be good for the rotation. On short term there will be some lols, but on the long view, we won't do ourselves a favour with indestructable jeeps flying around on too many occasions. The backbone, the spine of a gaming server will always be players who seek the fight, the battle. And flying to the enemy main with a jeep to ram the defenders hasn't really much to do with fighting in a battlefield scenario, no matter how many points you get by touching the flag.

Enough people like to do this, all good. But if we want to have a future with good gaming, we need to be attractive also for players who aren't only coming for the lols and the funky jeep stunt videos. Those people might be the minority, but their impact on the gameplay is huge.

• Twilight, Spare Parts and Highway Man like this

#13 Spare Parts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Of course people would save some time. But that wouldn't really make much of a difference, the map is huge but not too huge. 2 - 3 min from flag to flag is ok in my opinion. If players constantly have the time to drive from main to main on Battleaxe or the long way on Bocage, then they also can drive around on El Al cq with normal jeeps.

I don't mind Admins manually setting the CTF version, but I don't think it will be good for the rotation. On short term there will be some lols, but on the long view, we won't do ourselves a favour with indestructable jeeps flying around on too many occasions. The backbone, the spine of a gaming server will always be players who seek the fight, the battle. And flying to the enemy main with a jeep to ram the defenders hasn't really much to do with fighting in a battlefield scenario, no matter how many points you get by touching the flag.

Enough people like to do this, all good. But if we want to have a future with good gaming, we need to be attractive also for players who aren't only coming for the lols and the funky jeep stunt videos. Those people might be the minority, but their impact on the gameplay is huge.

That was extraordinarily eloquent  and coherent. Who wrote it for you?

#14 Angerfist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

The details of the diverse spectra of my multiple personalities are none of your business.

#15 Renlist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Battleaxe already is in the rotation as a "Main 5 maps"  isn't it?   Seems so. Here's a big fat suggestion to consider.  Shorten the map times down from 45 minutes.

Appreciation aside, lately, if Moongamers was an FM radio station, I find myself now turning the dial. You know where.

Heh...omg...my ping better not rise too much with the new server location.  The difference between 49ms and 15ms is very noticeable in an old game like this.

I'm starting to get spoiled with the smooth net play on another server.

"The server should run smoother",  as in?   

Anyways...gimme gimme gimme (the new server addy).  I want to check my pings to it, heh,  

#16 Angerfist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

The details of the diverse spectra of my multiple personalities are none of your business.

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Battleaxe already is in the rotation as a "Main 5 maps"  isn't it?   Seems so. Here's a big fat suggestion.  Shorten the map times down from 45 minutes.

Partly, it usually shares that with Wake.

#18 Renlist

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

Gazala or El Alemein when it's 7 vs. 7 is really boring these days.  It ruled when more people played. I would suggest putting smaller maps into the main rotation.  Berlin, Stalingrad.  I tire easily now playing expansive maps that last for 45 minutes where the action is dull dull dull.  

Aberdeen and Tobruk  I still don't understand why you can't make both main base flags un-cappable. Both maps are ruined by seasoned players who exploit the map upon join and race to the others main base and caps it.

A freaking simple circle with an X thru it at Tobruk's Allied home bases and Aberdeen's home bases would prevent seasoned BF1942 asshats from ruining the gameplay.  As usual, it seems input goes nowhere here.

These are no longer the days of 32/32.

#19 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:03 AM

Gazala or El Alemein when it's 7 vs. 7 is really boring these days.  It ruled when more people played. I would suggest putting smaller maps into the main rotation.  Berlin, Stalingrad.  I tire easily now playing expansive maps that last for 45 minutes where the action is dull dull dull.  

Every map is more fun when more players play it. Berlin and Stalingrad BOTH were in rotation for about 5 days, it totally killed the server. It still does when it hits Berlin.

Aberdeen and Tobruk  I still don't understand why you can't make both main base flags un-cappable. Both maps are ruined by seasoned players who exploit the map upon join and race to the others main base and caps it.

A freaking simple circle with an X thru it at Tobruk's Allied home bases and Aberdeen's home bases would prevent seasoned BF1942 asshats from ruining the gameplay.  As usual, it seems input goes nowhere here.

As explained to you multiple times before, Aberdeen's main bases are uncaps. I understand your frustratiion of maps being capped out prematurely, but without the option of maps being capped out, you'll be playing that dull action map for 45 minutes. Have you ever played our Aberdeen CTF?     As usual, it seems explanations go nowhere with you.

These are no longer the days of 32/32.

There is only ONE server that can still have those numbers on a daily basis. Unfortunatly the whole BF1942 player base is just a smidge of what it was.

#20 Grassy

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:36 AM

played a map a few weeks ago that was Market Garden CTF.  Would love to see that as an option from time to time.  Very dynamic map!

• Hairy Russian Dude and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com