Photo

Moon Servers

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#61 fishfearme,wmnluvme

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:56 PM

LOL Enforcer, dont be hittin on me in the forums man. :eek: I know that sweet sounding voice all too well - its the voice of our very own server pixie, Lin. Aint she sweet!!! :P

Mawa - ur a good player and welcome to the server. Glad to hear you appreciate our effort. We appreciate having you here. You and I had some good battles today and I promise we'll have them again. ;)

#62 Comet

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:16 PM

" Welcome to Moongamers....smacktard free with a Pixie ".....hehe :D

or

" Welcome to Moongamers....Where you'll always find a friendly admin willing to kick your sorry smacktard ass off the Moon! " ;)

#63 LITUP

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:39 PM

My room mate heard from his friend about this server. He conviced me to try it out. After playing all weekend trying to improve, I was hooked. Now after the spread of the mouth here, there are at least 5 of us, who work together, all play this server.

I went out quickly after that to buy a great PC just for the game. After i finally recieved it, that is all that I have been doing everynight. Even working 12 hours shifts, I find time to play.

The Admin do a wonderful job. I believe without them it wouldn't work. Thanks to all who keep the game running.

This is acutally my first game on the computer. I was a x-box/playstation junkie. After long hours and many deaths, this is the only game that I play. This is such a great server. If there is anything that I can help do let me know. :bop2:

#64 Boondock Saint

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

There is no I in team but if you rearrange the letters you will find ME!

But there are two I's in MARTINI.....everybody...party at Lin's place!

#65 Iceman(uk)

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:47 AM

Hi, I suppose I like Omaha for some reason !! I've also got 3 sons ages 8, 11 & 19 and funny as it might seem, they appear to end-up playing Omaha on some server somewhere, here, bugs, moders ect ect.
The Battlefield 1942 game was actually bought by me as a present for my son Jordan (11yrs) something like two yrs ago, he asked for it & got it ;)
I'm just an average type player, not really great at anything on the game, but, I have fun and thats the main thing, also I've made a few friends with paying the game, we are members of a uk clan for relaxed players, just in for the fun & nothing serious.
Although Jordan is pretty good at the game, much better than me, so quick at doing what looks like the right thing without thinking :). unlike his 48yr old dad lol.
We've only been online with the game about 9 months, it got to the point where I thought "whats this multiplay button do ?", no turning back since.
Being a single parent of 4, yes got a 17yr old daughter too, It's one way to relax & have a little fun for me too, when they are out or at school.

Rules are Rules, take it or leave I've always thought, so no big deal for me.
though I was told a strange one, which I can't find any reference to, sniping from the top base, told it's not allowed from the ridge to the right of the Def guns, or near the Def guns ?????????????? very odd to me, sniper should be allowed more or less anywhere as in real life, as they would no doubts do so, if to their advantage.

So for Omaha, it's here or bugs, depending on which we can get into at the time.

cya

PS, when my youngster plays, his username is "junior assasin", now you know who is his dad lol.

#66 Lin

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

Welcome, Iceman!

We discourage sniping from the defgun for one main reason. In the old days it automatically meant "hack" of some kind. These days, it either means hack or an enhanced video card, and since we can't tell the difference we have to simply discourage the ability to snipe from the defgun to protect our members from the possibility they're being hacked. It's that simple. We have chosen to err on the side of caution.

Enjoy your stay here!

#67 Comet

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:21 AM

Welcome Iceman, nice to see your family palying here. Don't worry your not alone when it comes to being older, we have several members in their 40's...cough, cough, fifties and even sixties!

By the way, why Iceman as a tag?

#68 Iceman(uk)

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:32 AM

by the way, why Iceman as a tag?

Hi, No real reason, just the first one I took a fancy to when I changed from my old one that I got fed-up with (which was my initials), it was a cold day too & my feet where freezing sat here at the pc, so maybe that came to mind ;)

cya

#69 Enforcer

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

I wanna say I have had to kick junior assassin for something..can't remember though. I know it had assassin in the name..

Well, at any rate, welcome to the Moon, where we do strive to have fun and not take it too seriously. We do have some remarkable players that will school even the longest of players (GC be nice). And in no time Litup, you will hone your skills, or get a wonderful negative KDR. Glad to hear of all our stories. Glad you listened to your friends, and glad you tune into our ip when it is time to play some battlefield.

#70 Boondock Saint

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

it was a cold day too & my feet where freezing sat here at the pc

Welcome Iceman....coulda been worse....you coulda called yourself Blueballs...... :huh:

#71 The Dirty Rat

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:50 PM

Here is my story....

I was working at a car dealership here in Dallas when a friend of mine who worked in the accessories dept loaded up the game while noone was in there and played. I was watching just in awe because he was sniping and to see the people fall just made me giddy. I went some time without seeing the game or hearing about it either. But then I saw and bought BF1942 in late sept of 04 and it sat on my desk for some time as I didn't have a powerfull enough graphics card that would play the game.(JK and I didnt have the money to buy the g.c. yet) So as the dust collected on it I did some searching on the internet for multiplayer servers and found tons of them. Finally in November I got a good enough G.C. and started looking through gamespy and playing a few servers when I fell upon Moders. While in there playing someone mentioned how bad the Moon server is and since I dont take anyones opinions without a little testing of my own I decided to find Moon and try it out. After that initial playing I bounced back and forth for a bit playing both and then found that it was a lot more fun playing on the Moon. I started playing on here regularly in early Dec. I also started to notice the white text advertising the Teamspeak and the website. I joined TS and listened for a bit but then just had to voice my own opinions on a few things and the rest is history. Starting with registering on the site in mid Dec.

F.Y.I. I havent played Moders since that first week of playing BF1942. So I guess yall werent so bad afterall. Except I could do with a little less 2kills.

TY to the moon admins and regs and all you other people not sitting on a cushion for providing a great place to play and have fun.

The Dirty Rat goes back behind the walls.

#72 Boondock Saint

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:32 PM

I could do with a little less 2kills.

I had that put on the side of all the milk cartons in Texas.... :lol:

#73 Why Two Kay

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

Except I could do with a little less 2kills.

Bah! Everybody <3 me.

#74 waubamik

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

Except I could do with a little less 2kills.

well everyone could

#75 waubamik

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Even though i ahven't been here too long here i smy story how i got the game, my cousin got it a couple yrs back for a present then, he got RTR (xpack) i realized he had no need for the original discs so i installed BF 1942 on my CPU and started playin single player...i felt the need for a challenge so i started to downlaod maps and patches and get my ass online where the bigboys play. I liked the garand and flying so i mostly stuck to pacific map EA Pacific Campaign, EA 161 Coral Sea etc... I still go back there ocassionsally and hook up with some buddies. The i wanted to go past the pacific and i looked at EA's western campaign server, it stayed of Omaha beach most of the time and i was thankful when i could rarely get in. So one day i decided to look for an all omaha - all the time server. I found Moon, Modders and Bugs andkept playing at one of the three servers, i found though, that MOON had a better atmosphere and was populated with quality players as opposed to Bugs and Modders where the less talented are playing.

In Moon, i met Squirrel and Cosa Nostra (and Lin in TS who was quite frustrated because i didnt know how to mute my mc hehe) and they helped me install and run TS, unfortuneatly i didn't have a mic so all i could do was type in game to them. then i got a mic and started to make friends with admins, regs and players. I decided to check out the web-site and i joined the forums and here i am today as a reg, and i still love the server. And player can pronounce my name again

#76 DEATH and DESTRUCTiON

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

How I got here....lemme see. Well, I got BF1942 for christmas two years ago, and I played it. Then one day last year, I wanted to play some Omaha Beach, and jus Omaha Beach, so I found Moon, it sounded cool. I went on their and everyone was really cool. I met Lin after being on their for 2 weeks, she helped me get on TS, then I met a lot of admins, people. And yea. I uninstalled BF1942 like late late last year, and recently installed it and came back to Moon...cause face it folks..if you ain't on Moon...you suck. Even though my score always sucks more than a Hollywood pronstitute... :blink:

#77 Buckwheat

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Started playing BF1942 last fall, got a new computer to play it as my old laptop could only handle the first Delta Force. Before that only played games on Atari and at an arcade. Friend of mine showed me BF1942 and I was instantly hooked. I loved watching all those WWII movies with my Dad as a kid and this game was like playing in the movie. Found Moon right away and really enjoyed it. The game is always fun here and so I kept coming back. Then one day Lin booted me for nade spamming (I swear I didn't know running back and forth from the ammo boxes nading was spamming!) I came back after my 1 minute in the penaty box and then Lin and Gary asked me to join TS. WOW. The game is soo much better now and everyone is fun to talk to. I am still thankful that after everyone in TS found out I was a lawyer I wasn't booted again.
When I couldn't get into Moon one day when it was full I played another server and saw the diference without good admins. Jerks everywhere. TK'ing people who took "their" jeep, swearing on the radio everytime they die. It was terrible. Not at Moon, it is fun to see these kinds of players get the boot. I like the mods to the map, it makes the game run better. Still the best part is playing the game on TS and joking around with everyone.

#78 The_Curley

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

I bought bf1942 about a year ago, and really the map I liked the most was Omaha. So I did a search on omaha and found Wag's, Bugs, and Moons. Wag's made me too mad to play there with the tank camping allowed and the can you survive the nades to capture the beach action. And I pinged a million times better on Moon vs Bugs since the server is in my state. I probably would had been in the forums a lot sooner but i kept getting the address backwords, like "moonsgames" "moongames" "gamemoons" lol

But then I went to the middle east, came back and remembered the server name. Hoped on played a crap load, brought Yender into game, owned him, then Paul came into game owned him. 2 mos later I played Paul again he owned me. Stupid grasshoppers.

The rules and admins on Moons accomodate to some smoooth and really fast paced TDM so thats why you gotta play here. And it is a great community of peeps.

#79 spitfyre

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

how did i get to moon? well...
i got the game in october/novemberish 2004, and found i liked omaha the most, i played wagoogees, then found bugs and liked tdm better...i got to know all the bugs peoples. Not too long ago fooker n tim and lin and rat invaded bugs, then fooker told me to go to moon and i did, since its a closer server i play here now!
i like how theres always people here, my ping is low, good and friendly peoples
I always thout moongamers was for low gravitity so i never wanted to play, i was wrong. I only wish i started here earlier, owell :ph34r:
:-D Woot for Moon

#80 Wasabi®

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:05 AM

Sometime in August 2004, I loaded up All-Seeing Eye, refreshed, looked for the server which had the most people in it, and hit Connect.

And got addicted :bop2:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com