Photo

Sniper site...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm going to have to improve my sniper skills, I'm getting owned far too often. While I went 100/8 in BF1942 the other day DoD:S has proven to be far more of a challenge. As Foggy mentioned lining up your target pre-scoped is key. Today I used that piece of valuable advice along with swapping out my site, the results were encouraging.

The file is for both springfield and k98. You'll notice in the second image the entire view is scoped, not just what you would normally see through the reticle. I find this view far less restrictive. The benefit is being able to see a wider field of view while scoped, enabling you to potentially site more than one target.

Place the file within your sprites folder, the path is as follows...

Steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\day of defeat source\dod\materials\sprites\scopes

...if you do not have a sprites/scopes folder create them. The file has been scanned thoroughly, it's clean.

Author: Statixx

Attached Files

#2 MoonLight

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

i would like to see how i do with that very much .. however i do not have winzip is there any other type of file that i do not need winzip to download this?

#3 Lin

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Most of the newer Operating Systems (XP forward) will have an unzipper built in. However, most users have some kind of zipping/unzipping program and most (if not all) recognize .zip as a basic format. Different zip programs would include 7zip (free), winrar (free), winzip (trial) and there are many others out there. If you don't have a zip program you might as well pick one up. :)

#4 Comet

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Here is the link to the download...

http://www.gamebanana.com/sprites/2670

...click on Download, on the next page scroll down to Download Mirrors.

Now, seeing as I helped you get this please go easy on me. ;)

I'm sure you will like this sprite, it's awesomer!

#5 MoonLight

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

i will try to go easy on you lol... but sadly its still asking for a winzip even though i did what lin said and downloaded 7zip and winrar idk... ill figure the rest out i guess but thankyou

#6 dodgem

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

You did install the zipper programs, right? Not just downloaded them?

If they're installed, you should be able to right click the file, MoonLight. Then go to properties. Then where it says "Open With", click "Change" and then select 7Zip or WinRAR from the recommended programs....I prefer WinRAR. If neither are there, then you will have to Browse and navigate to their program shortcuts.

Then click "Ok" and "Ok" again. Then right click the zipped modified scope file and "Extract Files". Select a destination path at the top where you will be able to find the files (like the Desktop), then click "Ok". A new folder should appear on the desktop with the modified scope files. Then drag and drop the files into the folder Comet has said in the first post of this topic.

Hope this helps.
:)

#7 MoonLight

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

i had to do it my own computers way because this computer is freaking weird and abnormal to all other computers.. but i finally got it... thanks for the help guys and ive been trying it out... sorry comet ... cant guarentee anything :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com