Photo

Missing Axis dude

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LadyBadass

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

I've a problem. When I play on the Axis side I see some of my team mates and some I do not. I'll see their talk icon and name but not the player. I think it is the assault dude. Also when I play Allies I don't see the assault enemy only their talk icon when they talk. Do I uninstall DODS? I don't know exactly what the file name is to fix it. HELP!

#2 LadyBadass

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Sorry for double topic,my bad <_<

#3 WTBass

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi there...

It sounds to me like your model for the Axis Support is either corrupt or missing...you could not see me as Axis support but you killed me fine as assault. If you have downloaded a custom skin, that could be the problem... you may be able to replace the model too... go to options and verify your game cache. That could fix it....other folks more savvy than myself will probably chime in! :) Good luck Lady!

#4 Comet

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Definitely a missing or corrupt file, these can be tricky to fix. If you do not have a pile of customizations I would wipe the game clean from your computer and re-install. Unfortunately there is no guarantee your game will be back to normal there after, hopefully a re-install will set things right.

All the best and welcome to the Forum Lady...

#5 LadyBadass

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

Hi there...

It sounds to me like your model for the Axis Support is either corrupt or missing...you could not see me as Axis support but you killed me fine as assault. If you have downloaded a custom skin, that could be the problem... you may be able to replace the model too... go to options and verify your game cache. That could fix it....other folks more savvy than myself will probably chime in! :) Good luck Lady!

I did the vitrification thing, no dice!
Comet, I did DNLD some skins. THAT prolly whacked it up <_<
I guess I'll need to uninstall,CRAP!!! :wtf:

#6 WTBass

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Damn Lady.... then try this: https://support.stea...=2037-QEUH-3335

May be easier than a total reinstall.... also browse the forums there as there is a ton of good 411!

tim

#7 LadyBadass

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

Thanks Tim.I did that to no avail~ :huh:

#8 Perculator

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Try this out. Go to your steam install directory (I think the default is C:\Program Files\Steam). Then go down to steamapps\<useraccount>\day of defeat source\dod where <useraccount> is your login name or email address. I'll call this <Root> from now on. Since you've been playing on our server, you'll probably at least have medic and parachute models and textures, which you'll just re-download next time you join. We're going to remove the models and textures directories.

First, look for <Root>\models. If you see that directory, delete it. This should be where the model geometry is stored.
Next, look for <Root>\materials\models. If you see that there, delete it. ONLY delete the models directory, not the entire materials directory. There's lots of other stuff in there that shouldn't have anything to do with your issue. But the materials\models directory has the player skin textures.

Try it in game and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, try this out:
http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/37312
It's a high res skin pack for the axis side. It should use the default models and just install new textures. You can choose between the low res (1024) or high res (2048) versions.

Try it in game and see if that helps.

Next, try to eliminate some variables.
Enable the developer console (in the DoD:S menu go to Options, push the Advanced... button, and check the "Enable developer console" box).
Find a friend on Steam to test with.
Start a new game on your own system (in the DoD:S menu select Create Server, on the Server tab pick dod_flash as the map, on the Game tab enter a password that you can easily tell to your friend, and push the Start button).
Have your friend join you using the password you told them. Make sure you join Allies and they join Axis.
Meet your friend at the middle flag.
Push the ~ key at the top left of your keyboard to bring up the developer console.
Type condump into the console and push enter. It should tell you that it dumped the console to condump000.txt or something similar. Look for that file in the <Root> directory and upload it here.

The only other thing that I could suggest after that is to delete the entire day of defeat source directory and re-download it fresh from Steam. I wouldn't do that till after we've checked out that condump.

#9 LadyBadass

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

@Perculator:W00t!! It worked THANKS!!! :applaud:

#10 Perculator

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

:coo:

#11 WTBass

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

Perc is the shizzle.... hell I think I'm going to do the same thing. I think I've notice the Ally rifle missing in game...not that I use it...mainly hate to see myself killed with an invisible broom schtick!

#12 Comet

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

Nothing quite like a peculated cup of coffee eh...

What part of Perc's explanation worked Lady. I have dozens of customized files, wouldn't play any other way. If I come across the same issue I'd like to know the fix...

Well done Perc!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com