Photo

Custom Map Test: Forza

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Perculator

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

We got to try out dod_forza_rc1 tonight on the DoD:S server. We had around 26 or so on when we changed...we retained about 14 and rebuilt to 20 by the end of the map. Here's the rundown:

Name: dod_forza_rc1
Size: Medium
Minimap: Yes (psychedelic even!)
Type of Map: CTF
Flags:
- 5 total flags
- Middle 2 person capture
- Others are instant single

Description: This is an open feeling map. There's a fairly clear path to follow to hit all 5 flags, or you can go through tunnels that connect the first flags to each other and goes past the middle. The wrecked train in the middle of the map is where a lot of the fun is in this map. The train car has fallen down a hole into the sewers, and acts as a ramp to connect top and bottom. There's 6 seperate enterances to the middle flag, 3 per side. The map is pretty well mirrored between the sides, so it doesn't feel stacked one way other the other, but the sides still look different.

Should play well with between 12-32 players. Too few, and it may be too open.

Ran a couple votes for whether players liked the map or not, and had about an 85% positive response. I'll be tossing this one up again.

Here's a handful of screenshots:

Minimap View
Middle Point
Axis Second
Tunnels

#2 dj_spleen

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Looks really cool....cant wait to try it. I see from the screen shots several places I can play Hide and go seek(spleen style)

#3 Iceman

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Besides being surprised it wasn't a racetrack or SOMETHING to do with cars/racing, it was a great map. The layout was great and it was very even in my opinion.

I am thinking custom map night Thursdays (or another day) should come back now that the server is being populated almost every night AND there are more admins back.

#4 dj_spleen

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Im still sad about orange maps....

#5 Lin

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

Orange maps don't really fit the flavor of what we want for the Mostly Stock Maps server, but we did want to make them available. That's why they have their own server. Now we just need to get the people in there. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com