Processor:
AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory:
4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1 TB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

I play Battlefield Bad Company2 and Battlefield 1942 on this new computer. BF: BC2 runs perfectly fine 100% of the time. BF1942 is another story:

Once in-game to any '42 server (1.6 or 1.619v), my computer registers 100 FPS.
It's not until 8 to 10 minutes into the game, always between this time arraignment,
that the FPS drops from 100 to 20, then 15, then 10, then eventually an outrageous
5FPS. No one seems to have a possible answer, even after re-installing the game.

I appreciate any help you guys can offer, as always.

#2 Wasabi®

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:46 AM

Have your clanmate check his/her connection settings. Make sure it is set to the right one (like T1/Broadband, etc..I forget the specific options). I once had 56k checked and the game slowed down like hell for me.

#3 Monkey

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

I see that the onboard sound is being used. This actually has been a problem with BF42 for years. The sound does take TONS of CPU time and power and does not always let the CPU regain whats been used form the sound.

There are 2 ways around this one being buy a dedicated card with a dedicated processor for sound. Some cheapies do not have a SPU but just a RAM and output.

The second fastest way is to lower the sound settings.

You can lower the number of channels by half and gain a bit back and also lower the bit rate from 44 to 22, you will lsoe a bit of the area effects but it will give you back the playability that was lost from the fps drop.

As a drastic check to ensure this is the issue... disable all sounds and play for 30 minutes. This will tell you the fastest way without having to take time to adjust settings to find your particular ""sweet" spot.

#4 Hornet

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

I had this issue as well, and still do. My solution is to not run the game in compatibility mode. It seems like Win7 has trouble dealing with the game's sound when in compatibility mode. I had tried the sound setting stuff, but no settings really seemed to work right. (My onboard sound is RealTek as well)

Just disable that, and make sure it's still running as administrator, and try it out.

#5 -{IB}-Ldr.Havoc

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

I had this issue as well, and still do. My solution is to not run the game in compatibility mode. It seems like Win7 has trouble dealing with the game's sound when in compatibility mode. I had tried the sound setting stuff, but no settings really seemed to work right. (My onboard sound is RealTek as well)

Just disable that, and make sure it's still running as administrator, and try it out.

Thanks it worked :pinkele:

Thanks it worked :pinkele:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com