Photo

Battlefield 1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

DICE capitalizing on this game for its names sake and little else.   

They'll scrap together the neat early parts of the Battlefield  experience.  That's about all they can do.  It's been done before.

I think they'll rip off elements from  Battlefield 2142 , which was cool, then add in  elements of  BF2, and attempt to jazz us all.  

Dice employees...they're not being paid to stand around.

#2 Harriet Tubman

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

Will only be able to tell myself once I can try the game out. At least the NDA is up on alpha so lots of footage coming out.

#3 Harriet Tubman

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

Can't wait to be able to do this type of stuff, 3 guys all lined up. The main thing from seeing videos of the alpha that I really don't like is the spotting aspect that they took from modern games where you and your teammates can see an enemy on your minimap if they get spotted (which can include by a flare gun).

• Grinch likes this

#4 Spare Parts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

Can't wait to be able to do this type of stuff, 3 guys all lined up. The main thing from seeing videos of the alpha that I really don't like is the spotting aspect that they took from modern games where you and your teammates can see an enemy on your minimap if they get spotted (which can include by a flare gun).

Did you notice that if you pause the video at 1:50 you can see the scoreboard; if you go full screen you can clearly make out that my name is not anywhere on there.

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

I will not be buying BF1.

1942, Vietnam, BC 1 and 2. Those are the only good BF games EA has produced. I also preordered Hardline in an act of faith and was let down. No more of my money will go to EA.

Spotting and squad spotting are two things that have severely hurt the series for me. And on a WWI simulator..... :(

#6 Harriet Tubman

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

I will not be buying BF1.

1942, Vietnam, BC 1 and 2. Those are the only good BF games EA has produced. I also preordered Hardline in an act of faith and was let down. No more of my money will go to EA.

Spotting and squad spotting are two things that have severely hurt the series for me. And on a WWI simulator..... :(

I will still be playing it, but I agree that the spotting alone is retarded but the passive 3d spotting is somehow even dumber. If they could at least have the spot be obscured by dust and debris or when u go behind a wall.

BF4 is a great game now (and very active) but for the first like year it was unplayable for me as their netcode was wonky and they didn't want to admit it let alone fix it. Didn't play hardline as it didn't look good from my eyes.

#7 Renlist

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

New Battlefield 1 weapons trailer.  Looks OK.  The firefights look a lot more faster paced and frenzied in keeping with today's shooters. I'm not sure that's a good thing with die hard BF1942 fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com