Photo

Sniper Sissy Gameplay Video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#21 Grinch

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

Ahem...snipers in BF1942 are the reason we have to jump around like jack rabbits as we move, causing soldiers to look kind of ridiculous.

Oh wait!  Serpentine....serpentine!!!!

But remember that jumping around makes it easier for snipers to predict where you're moving. I just move my crosshair to where the player is about to land and it's a predictable lead.

I think not, neither of you really ever hit me, or manage to graze me if im jumping around....and btw Jubi, you better sniper overall.  :music-smiley-008:

#22 Harriet Tubman

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

Ahem...snipers in BF1942 are the reason we have to jump around like jack rabbits as we move, causing soldiers to look kind of ridiculous.

But remember that jumping around makes it easier for snipers to predict where you're moving. I just move my crosshair to where the player is about to land and it's a predictable lead.

I think not, neither of you really ever hit me, or manage to graze me if im jumping around....and btw Jubi, you better sniper overall.  :music-smiley-008:

Jubilee is 100% correct for normal jumps, the definition of which is in the video when I killed you while you were jumping at 2:15ish. If you are thinking of crouch or bug jumping making it more difficult to hit then yes, but the average player will just do a normal jump.

• Jubilee likes this

#23 Jubilee

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

LoL. No, jump shots are easier to get hit regs on. Better to strafe A + D  back and forth.

I'm not the best... by far! I lack consistency I think. And then focus. And my eyes glaze over.

#24 Spare Parts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:49 AM

This whole thread till now has been awesome.  I can't believe what im seeing and I enjoy what I'm reading.  HT, you are bananas.  If you were to ever put out a vid with only killing me, it would be about a 30 minute clip.  So please, i'm begging you, don't.

#25 Harriet Tubman

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:22 AM

This whole thread till now has been awesome.  I can't believe what im seeing and I enjoy what I'm reading.  HT, you are bananas.  If you were to ever put out a vid with only killing me, it would be about a 30 minute clip.  So please, i'm begging you, don't.

I tried to limit the times I kill someone in the video to 1-2 so it wouldn't seem like I was targeting anyone with the video.

On a side note here is a video showing the lead difference between playing on a euro server (110+ ping) and moon (40 ping). I tried to pick shots from the same map at about the same distance with people moving same way.

https://streamable.com/l5hs

Also grinch this was also from that same round within 10 minutes of the other shot on you where you were jumping.

https://streamable.com/syh9

#26 Spare Parts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:36 AM

Back in 2006, another lifetime ago, i was a much better player than i am now.  Back then my ping when i played was in the 180's, but I was accurate.  I just was in my groove, my scores were easily triple what they are now.  I took time off from the game and rediscovered a couple years ago and now my ping ( i pretty much only play on MG) has been no higher than 70.  Sure my daughter will start watching Netflix then it goes through the roof and I quit but that is neither here nor there.  My ping at 67 with my cool computer and big ass monitor, is worthless.  I have yet to find my groove.  BUT I WILL!!!  or I won't, I probably won't..... 

#27 Renlist

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

Ha!  I don't t think today's awesome talented snipers help today's dwindling BF1942 gameplay.   A few leet snipers change their nick every so often so as not to be an obvious a bummer to gameplay/

I suppose it's the same as having a leet pilot on one team, and no leet pilot on the other team to counter that.  It all depends on who has joined the map.

I'm not much interested in how to become a better sniper or better pilot, who help their team to victory, but end up with no flags capped and  0 deaths.

Here's something else.  In all multiplayer games these days, there are certain types who go for top gun head count.  They couldn't care less if you are on their team and benefit with a team win having them on your team.   It's ultimately about them... scoring as  top dog.  Nothing else matters.  It's not so fun and rewarding having them types as teammates, if you ask me.  I  ME MINE.  Heh...you know who you are.

#28 Steve2112

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

For me, I can't aim the reticle fast enough ....you know they're gonna jump, in what direction, where there going to land...aiming and firing...for a perfect headshot? Sometimes in rugged landscapes?  LOL!  Not sure I would EVER be able to to do that!

#29 Moving Target

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Ya'll keep sniping. I'll keep knifing you.

And don't post the tons of videos of me getting sniped by ya'll either :)😂

#30 Harriet Tubman

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

Ha!  I don't t think today's awesome talented snipers help today's dwindling BF1942 gameplay.   A few leet snipers change their nick every so often so as not to be an obvious a bummer to gameplay/

I suppose it's the same as having a leet pilot on one team, and no leet pilot on the other team to counter that.  It all depends on who has joined the map.

I'm not much interested in how to become a better sniper or better pilot, who help their team to victory, but end up with no flags capped and  0 deaths.

Here's something else.  In all multiplayer games these days, there are certain types who go for top gun head count.  They couldn't care less if you are on their team and benefit with a team win having them on your team.   It's ultimately about them... scoring as  top dog.  Nothing else matters.  It's not so fun and rewarding having them types as teammates, if you ask me.  I  ME MINE.  Heh...you know who you are.

The few leet snipers change their nicks so often to avoid hackusations from lower level players.

And we all know you have no interest in trying to become a better player who helps their team. BTW the people you are complaining about can go pistol only or knife only and still help their team more than you while attaining more flag caps.

You know what is super fun to have, the 'highly skilled' players that have no interest in getting better at the game. The players that will prone when they see you coming because they learned against bots, the players that wouldn't notice a white flag if it was flashing on their minimap. The players that think they are good team mates but in reality having them on your team is a chore. Heh...you know who you are. (hint hint its people like renlist)

I think what you are looking for renlist is a coop server where you can always enjoy killing those bots and pretending to help your team. At least on those servers you won't find good players so it won't ruin your experience. It's posts like yours that make me wonder how much you would of cried 5-10 years ago playing in servers.

• Captain John H. Miller and Eliminator like this

#31 Renlist

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

Those  leet snipers change their nicks so as not to be too familiar as a downer?

#32 Jubilee

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Steve - practice practice practice! Or better yet, play slightly tipsy (as long as you're a happy drunk) because then you lose most conscious inhibitions. But don't drink too or else you'll you need a BF DD. It's easier to master medic or assault first then move to rifles rather than vice versa.

Yes to both Renlist & HT as far as why I personally change nicks once in a while. 1) I'd rather play on a fuller server anonymously (with people who would quit upon sight of my name) than play on a nearly empty server. 2) I sometimes grow weary of people questioning my integrity and blaming their shortcomings on everything and everyone else.

#33 Grinch

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

Sure would be nice to see the leet snipers on separate teams instead of ALWAYS being on the same team, why is it so just like all the pilots ? :rofl2:

#34 gregefc

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

People can do what they want and play how they want so long as it's within the rules. #sniperlivesmatter

Just as I don't like 2 dumbasses who do nothing but drive around in a jeep all round trying to run people over, you don't like two good players playing on the same team. The difference is I just let them do it and don't complain. Live and let live.
  • Angerfist likes this

#35 Harriet Tubman

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Sure would be nice to see the leet snipers on separate teams instead of ALWAYS being on the same team, why is it so just like all the pilots ? :rofl2:

If you watch me in game you will see I stay on whatever team I am put on. There is a 50% chance every game of the 2 snipers being on the same team. I have the feeling you just ignore every single time we are on different teams and instead assume we always team up. I would rather face jubs just like how I would rather face you then have you on my team. I enjoyed the game on market garden where you decided to spend the round sniping vs me. That is much much more enjoyable and a challenge than sniping a bazooka running in a straight line.

Also a small sample size but in the video I posted, the only time you see jubilee or any of her nicks on the kill board or in chat is on that snipe on bocage where the guy dives behind the bridge. And she is on the opposite team.

#36 Steve2112

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Steve - practice practice practice! Or better yet, play slightly tipsy (as long as you're a happy drunk) because then you lose most conscious inhibitions. But don't drink too or else you'll you need a BF DD. It's easier to master medic or assault first then move to rifles rather than vice versa.

Yes to both Renlist & HT as far as why I personally change nicks once in a while. 1) I'd rather play on a fuller server anonymously (with people who would quit upon sight of my name) than play on a nearly empty server. 2) I sometimes grow weary of people questioning my integrity and blaming their shortcomings on everything and everyone else.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will keep trying! Until either I or BF42 dies, whichever comes first. LOL. 

I realize as a "leet" player (ha- I like that), you're in a no win situation. People are gonna be suspicious of something that APPEARS to be impossible to them. You have to understand how it might look to someone else...and how their game play appears to them. Like Olin said, there are times I am just BLASTING away point blank, and their one shot kills. I am not entirely sure that is always just "skill"...but, no matter. I've FINALLY come to terms that it might be several reasons. "hack" is likely way way bottom of list. 

However, I would like to say that changing names CAN be counterproductive too. Now that I am familiar with your usual name and true skills, all is well. I wouldn't quit because I saw your name. I'd just try to kill ya, or HOPE we get on the same team.

BUT, if I see a "new" player with advanced skills- how do you think THAT looks? I'm at ease with a familiar name, no matter the skill level. Like friends. But if I see some new hot shot tearing it up and not saying nothing, well...I'd wonder who is this and what's going on. Every time you create a new name, I gotta deal with the same stuff over and over! Like a neurosis, lol. 

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#37 Steve2112

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

It's not a huge deal but I would love to be able to track teams. I think I once asked how teams get divided, and I am not sure I ever got an answer. Again, I am not complaining, I am just curious!

#38 Harriet Tubman

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I will keep trying! Until either I or BF42 dies, whichever comes first. LOL. 

I realize as a "leet" player (ha- I like that), you're in a no win situation. People are gonna be suspicious of something that APPEARS to be impossible to them. You have to understand how it might look to someone else...and how their game play appears to them. Like Olin said, there are times I am just BLASTING away point blank, and their one shot kills. I am not entirely sure that is always just "skill"...but, no matter. I've FINALLY come to terms that it might be several reasons. "hack" is likely way way bottom of list. 

However, I would like to say that changing names CAN be counterproductive too. Now that I am familiar with your usual name and true skills, all is well. I wouldn't quit because I saw your name. I'd just try to kill ya, or HOPE we get on the same team.

BUT, if I see a "new" player with advanced skills- how do you think THAT looks? I'm at ease with a familiar name, no matter the skill level. Like friends. But if I see some new hot shot tearing it up and not saying nothing, well...I'd wonder who is this and what's going on. Every time you create a new name, I gotta deal with the same stuff over and over! Like a neurosis, lol. 

Fair enough steve, but another thing to keep in mind that I don't know if happens to jubilee but would happen to me at a very high rate is people tking/trying to tk me or when friendly fire was on they would shoot me to almost no health so as not to get a tk then run away. This would go away every time I would change my name as the people that would do this either hated the name they were attacking or thought the name was cheating.

You get stuff like this video from an infantry player that is very skilled and another player in a pub can't handle it so he feels the need to 'try' to tk. I say try because he fails miserably. BTW surprise its a moon regular that complains in game all the time trying to tk him.

#39 Jubilee

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

Yep. People TK when they see the name. It's great to have people who welcome me into games, but there are always people who will tk. On other servers, it's a shot in the back. On moon, it's a friendly nade or splash damage. Usually easy to ignore but can be annoying at times.

I stay on the team the BF gods put me on - unless I feel like switching to the weaker side. And mind you, I don't always feel like switching to the weaker side EVERY time. But I am known to do it. Moon admins can track what name I'm playing under no matter what name I use. And those are the only people who I think need to know.

#40 Steve2112

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

Yep. People TK when they see the name. It's great to have people who welcome me into games, but there are always people who will tk. On other servers, it's a shot in the back. On moon, it's a friendly nade or splash damage. Usually easy to ignore but can be annoying at times.

I stay on the team the BF gods put me on - unless I feel like switching to the weaker side. And mind you, I don't always feel like switching to the weaker side EVERY time. But I am known to do it. Moon admins can track what name I'm playing under no matter what name I use. And those are the only people who I think need to know.

I am sorry if I implied I need to know. That was not my intent. I feel like I am putting you on the spot or something, not what I mean to do.  I do appreciate knowing who I am playing against...I not just their skill level and tactics, but as friends playing a game. Nothing nefarious, or trying to get in your business.... just human nature. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com