Photo

Suggesting Sunday expansion pack end sooner.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:41 PM

It's approaching 9:00 PM PDT (midnight ET) and the Sunday ex-paks are still being played. The player count has dropped off to only 8 vs. 8.

It might be better to end ex-pack play earlier than that, like, 7:00 PM PDT at the latest. The player count would probably pick up at that time if the regular rotation maps started.

• Jubilee likes this

#2 Grassy

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

Good point Ren, thanks for bringing this up I have noticed this myself on a few recent Sundays, we will evaluate and comment here soon!

Thanks bro!

#3 Renlist

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Expansion Pack Sundays are cool.   I propose/suggest ending them at 5:00 PM PDT.  A lot of ex-pak maps will have been played by then.   

#4 Lin

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

We admittedly ran a little late this week, as we had a late start.

This is a valid suggestion. I know we have tried to run a 12hr shift of the expansion maps mostly because we don't just service the USA, but international players as well, and we're rolling over many time zones to provide expansion maps to a majority of players. But like you said, there is a certain time when the pop starts to drop.

We'll discuss this one at the Sr admin level.

Thank you!

• Grassy likes this

#5 Renlist

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

Oh and...Baytown is almost too expansive a map for the usual 30 players we get on Sundays. But don't tell anybody.  It was well suited for 32 vs.32 back in the days.

#6 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

Lin,

I'd like to throw in a request for your talks.

Shutting down earlier is all fine and dandy, but can you guys toss a few rounds of CTF at the end for the low pop to play a bit before the rotation stops?

Kbely and I swear Moon has ran Hell CTF before too.

#7 Lin

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

I used to love CTF, especially Anzio, and would include it in the weekend mix. But, CTF needs admin monitoring because of the tards who try to ruin it. We don't have as many admins as we used to have but we'll add this to the talks.

• Grassy likes this

#8 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

Fair enough. Thank you for bringing it to the table.

#9 Grassy

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

I love Anzio CTF!  even though I am not the biggest fan of CTF, I do like it on this particular map!

#10 Angerfist

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Agreed. I'm usually the biggest ctf hater but this one actually rocks.

#11 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

I'd like to clarify:
You guys are already running Anzio CTF. I'm talking about more CTF rounds and different maps.

#12 Grassy

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

Do you have any personal favorites?

#13 Rapid Fire

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

I agree. I feel like there is no need for a 12 hour shift. Some maps could probably be left out.

#14 Renlist

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:21 AM

I think any expansion pack CTF map would be a server killer.  As it is, I view Berlin as probably the best CTF map for today's dwindling server population.

#15 mexican eskimo

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

I agree. I feel like there is no need for a 12 hour shift. Some maps could probably be left out.

We should do a 12 hour shift of Cassino only.

• Hornet likes this

#16 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I think any expansion pack CTF map would be a server killer.  As it is, I view Berlin as probably the best CTF map for today's dwindling server population.

I won't disagree with you on this. But the reality is that the server does drop based on the current map rotation. Both expansion day and normal days but I will only speak of expansion in this thread.
If the population drops near the end of the day naturally anyways, I feel CTF is the way to go. EA117's dc server is a great example. They still float an expansion server on mostly CTF maps. The beauty of CTF is it can still be played with a low number of players like 5 on 5. We can argue back on forth all day, but try it for a couple weekends. Throw in some maps aside from Anzio and see what happens, whether in regular rotation or encourage the admin that day to switch when it gets down to 8 vs 8 or something.

Grassy,
I'm up for anything new. Personally though, any SW map aside from Gothic is a winner in my eyes.

#17 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

Some data for you guys...

As of 6:30PM central, Aghelia popped up with a 36 player count.

#18 King of the Squirrels

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

You're right Hairy. We were talking about it yesterday.  We had more players on Raid aghelia than Market Garden after the switch.  It depends on the day and players to what actually happens.  It appear there is flux in events some better or worse depending on the day.

We are still talking on the expansions on how to make them better fix the schedule.  Due to the flux in numbers making everyone happy is next to impossible..  LOL

Edited by Captain John H. Miller, 22 August 2016 - 10:07 AM.
Turned it into English =D

#19 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

I completely understand your guy's end of it Squirrel. You cannot predict what a small fanbase is going to do day to day.

However, yesterday supports my theory: Try something new.

Everyone has played the hell out of Market, but Aghelia only crops up once a week. To me it makes sense that you had a dropoff after expack day ended.

Also, Kbely CTF seemed to go over well. Decent player count and there was a damn good chase around the map that round. Had this playing in my head the whole time...

https://www.youtube....h?v=A8mUMSi5M8g

#20 mexican eskimo

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

You're right Hairy. We were talking about it yesterday.  We had more players on Raid aghelia than Market Garden after the switch.  It depends on the day and players to what actually happens.  It appear there is flux in events some better or worse depending on the day.

We are still talking on the expansions on how to make them better fix the schedule.  Due to the flux in numbers making everyone happy is next to impossible..  LOL

Honestly from my end, I'm so sick of Market and Bocage that they aren't even worth joining for.  I think it might be worth considering pairing down the maps played on Sunday.  I kinda feel EA flubbed by not making Baytown and Salerno spawnable in the middle.  Except for Hellendorn I feel like all the other maps have something to offer.  It just seems like from my experience those 3 ones can be harder to draw people for.

I also think the variety is good, ending early and you have more time over the week spent playing the vanilla maps, wearing those ones out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com