Photo

Should these 3 base flags be uncappable?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Battle of the Bulge (one base)

Aberdeen

Tobruk

Any griefer with a jeep can cap Tobruk's base with little difficulty. When the map is trying to get going.

Hey!   Mr.Cool...did you have much trouble driving into Tobruk's main base and capping it 3 minutes into the game?

FWAP!

Aberdeen the same.

FWAP! 

They think it's cool to stymie a match before it has a chance to get going.  Pathetic.

• Grinch likes this

#2 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

I have always loved maps where one team can cap out the other. I always found it satisfying to cap them out and hunt every last person. Or on the flip side, be the last man standing and bring your team back into the game.
BUT... gone are the full days so yes I'd have to agree, its time to create some uncaps.
But run them during low pop. If the server hits 50 some players, run the normal deen (for example). There is no reason with 25 players that the mains cant be defended.

Or maybe try changing the percentages or whatever on the teams so (for example) axis has less players than allied on bulge.

• posi and Grinch like this

#3 Renlist

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

As to gameplay, it can kill it or severely hamper it.  With less players now, it's a stupid piece of cake to cap the Allied's main flag on those maps.

Have some gamesmanship.

Any Axis yahoo griefer can race to the Allied main base flag  early on and cap it, 10/10. What skillz does that take?

None.

Cool.  How neat of you.  

Feel pathetically leet?   The freaking match just started 5 minutes ago.

• Grinch likes this

#4 pinchythelobster

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

Maybe some people don't like certain maps and will do this to get to the next map faster. Maybe you could try defending these since it keeps happening. Flags are there to be capped. Defend it.
  • Zap Rowsdower, Captain John H. Miller, Rubulator and 1 other like this

#5 Grinch

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Yawn pinchy..just yawn.

People don't like defending when noone else will.

Fails all around.

#6 Spare Parts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Yawn pinchy..just yawn.

People don't like defending when noone else will.

Fails all around.

The game you play is not the game I play.  I like defending when no one else will, am I not a "people"?  No fails, seems pinchy is right.

#7 posi

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Some good points made.  Short maps sometime drop population..   sometimes an admin will re-run a short map for you.  Downside is , it is not always a good idea.  If the next map has planes, players like more equipment.  Variety is good but the maps that have it all do better generally.

I'd not weigh in on the if ,  is it possible?   Should be just a matter of lifting a flag into the sky.   Look straight up on the modded aberdeen and you will see the flags, floating peacefully in the clouds by themselves.

• pinchythelobster likes this

#8 Grassy

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

SP... I see you time and time again defending uncaps against campers, especially on Market and Bocage as well as others maps, this is an example of going above and beyond for teamwork, many thanks SP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com