Photo

DayZ Aftermath: A New Day

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Enforcer

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yep, and that's how we do it. We can and have all been doing our own things, when all of a sudden, someone calls out for assistance. You have not lived until you see Leadpaint and his Rescue Osprey spring into action. Case in point....Warrior and his wayward ways. Ended his ass so far outside of the map area, in his mozzie, he didn't realize he was losing blood (as you will do when leaving the map area) and by the time the screen went gray, he was well on his way to death. The Rescue MV-22 sprang into action, and lifted off with medical supplies and was en route, knowing full well, Lead also may find himself in trouble for leaving the map. None of us knew whether Warrior could be retrieved or not. We all waited while Lead flew out there in the bird, and finally found Warrior, who was still alive and Lead was losing blood, a bloodbag later, and aboard the MV-22, they were both in map area, and all was well. Now, you all may continue doing whatever you were doing.

Another time, Kerf found himself in trouble for a glitchy pain in the ass motorcycle. He died as a result and sounded the request for help. Server restart in ten minutes. We all turned around and stopped what we were doing, because he found himself on the coast with nothing but his good looks to ward off the zeds. I died in the attempt because I was driving like a crazed lunatic and crashed into a wall with my pick up (I expected better from a pick up), Lin took off in the Rescue Hawk. And Kerf went looking for his body. All was good but, that's what we do when the alarm is sounded.

I was concerned a little when you posted that you were not so much into the teamplay, but, I guess you see what it is all about now. A little different than the BF3 or 4 kinda teamplay. Or last night when you take on a mission..die, get picked up, go back after it, die again and go back after it again.

Great fun..

#22 Lin

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Tweek I actually felt badly for your introduction to the game. That first night was wild and frenetic, everyone in full out running mode to get started, get money, assets, and claim their base. There was not the kind of time we like to take to teach the new folks. And, when you disconnected it was out in the northern end of the map; you will be in the boonies when you reconnect, so make sure you can grab one of us to come pick up your ass in a heli and bring you home.

Things have calmed down somewhat, many of us are already getting things established. Just for you, I will take some current pics of my base in the new server, and some pics of my base in the "old" server so you can see the difference...it is huge!

I do hope you will come back and get some more flavor of this game. You have my promise I will work with you on teaching you the rest of the basic information you need!

#23 Thumper

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

I was concerned a little when you posted that you were not so much into the teamplay, but, I guess you see what it is all about now. A little different than the BF3 or 4 kinda teamplay. Or last night when you take on a mission..die, get picked up, go back after it, die again and go back after it again.

Great fun..

The game promotes teamwork, I was worried that the game relied on it, not to say I was looking to be the black sheep I just didn't want to pester people all of the time for help. So far, the only thing I have come across that requires another player is the "bloodbag". I do enjoy the game, but the game is only half of the sum, it's more about the people you play with, that's what makes it great.

#24 Enforcer

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Funny, how that seems to be the case, even on a computer game..

Great fun..

The game promotes teamwork, I was worried that the game relied on it, not to say I was looking to be the black sheep I just didn't want to pester people all of the time for help. So far, the only thing I have come across that requires another player is the "bloodbag". I do enjoy the game, but the game is only half of the sum, it's more about the people you play with, that's what makes it great.

Funny, how that seems to be the case, even when playing online, with people, for the most part, you have never met..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com