Photo

Bandit Clothes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bucket

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Hello is there anyway we can get Cherno to supply bandit skins to wear? thanks -b

#2 Edamame

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

If you come on Panthera I can buy you some from the trader

#3 Lin

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

I believe there is a setting or mod that would allow a player to take the clothing from a killed bandit.

Pros/Cons?

#4 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

yes lin there is but only a few servers run it.

#5 gen_stallonee

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

When I was running my own server I came across this as a possible option as well, however as Xeylore did research on it (Xeylore was the scripter for my server), he found a lot of possible issues with a 'take clothes' script. So with prior knowledge and experience I would say, look into stocking the Stary clothes trader with bandit outfits. Just my 2 cents.

#6 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Actually the overpoch server I ply on has a script I it where if you kill roaming ai the skin they are wearing is also in the gear. I can try to find out which script it is

#7 Bucket

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Actually the overpoch server I ply on has a script I it where if you kill roaming ai the skin they are wearing is also in the gear. I can try to find out which script it is

please do :P

#8 Bucket

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hello is there anyway we can get Cherno to supply bandit skins to wear? thanks -b

************************So flipping page after page i think i found way to pick up loot like bandit clothes IE Read below thanks ************** -b
Bandit Annie (Skin_BanditW1_DZ):
Bandit Jane (Skin_BanditW2_DZ):
Bandit (Skin_Bandit1_DZ):
Bandit Camo (Skin_Bandit2_DZ):
Bandit Gunner (Skin_GUE_Soldier_MG_DZ ):
Bandit Sniper (Skin_GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ):
Bandit Baklava (Skin_GUE_Soldier_Crew_DZ):
Bandit Mask (Skin_GUE_Soldier_CO_DZ)
Bandit Hat (Skin_GUE_Soldier_2_DZ :
Rebel Uniform (Skin_GUE_Commander_DZ):
Terrorist (Skin_Ins_Soldier_GL_DZ):
Takistan Soldier (Skin_TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ):
Takistan Warlord (Skin_TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ):

Alright guys, this might not work but I believe this should work to add custom gear and weapons to the AI.

Instructions:

1. Unpack your server.pbo

2. Go to <dir>\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\EMS\ExtConfig and open DZMSAIConfig.sqf

(almost) Everything will be in that file to configure.

To add weapons:

1. Go around line 56 and you will see a big code with some weapons, go there.

2. Go to the bottom of the weapons in that section, you will see "M4A3_CCO_EP1" around line 72, add a , to the end of that.

3. Add the weapon type to the bottom, for example an RPG would be "RPG_7V"

4. That's how to make a weapon

(List of codes for weapons: https://community.bi...rmA_2:_Weapons)

To add gear:

1. Go around line 130, you will see a bunch of items.

2. Next to "ItemPainKiller", put a , next to it.

3. Without spaces, add the item in quotation marks (eg. "ItemBloodBag")

4. You now have custom gear!

To add skills:

1. Go around line 13, you will see "Array of AI skills"

2. There is 4 sections, it will be of different stuff. Change the number to a higher number to improve the skills

3. You are done.

New Section: How to add new weapons/items to weapon crates:

1. Unpack your server.pbo

2. Go to <dir>\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\EMS\ExtConfig and open DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf

3. There will be a bunch of sections. Look for your section, and put a comma (,) next to the last weapon, then in quotation marks (") put the weapon code in. Full list of weapon codes shown below.

Weapons codes = https://community.bi...ArmA_2:_Weapons

Thank you for reading my guide, peace!
Credit to KillingPigs123 @ http://epochmod.com/...ons#entry117048 Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

#9 Enforcer

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

This may have been covered, but, I'll bring it up nonetheless..have you or anyone else wanting to wear bandit outfits, considered savaging for them? I know in Elecktro, in the school, or whatever it is across the street from the hospital spawns lots of clothing items. The apartments in Berezino for example, also spawn a ton of clothing. I say this to say, at least they did. I am told the loot table has been changed and they may not spawn as much, but, those were the places to go to get bandit wear. I will also say that you would best served to bring a buddy. Between the AI in the cities, and getting trapped by a zillion zombies (had it happen and the more you shoot, the more they come)it can be dangerous trying to find the bandit wear.

But, isn't that the point? To add some risk to the reward? I just keep feeling like folks just want stuff, but, are not willing to go out and find it..At what point, does the game just get dull because there is no risk..no apprehension about going into a city looking for what you are seeking and then that feeling of "Ha HA!" when you finally find what you are looking for? I had many bandit outfits that I tossed because you can't sell them and other than the terrorist outfit, I didn't particularly care for them.

I have found the bandit, bandit sniper, bandit annie, bandit jane, baklava, takistani warlord that I can immediately remember. They are out there. You just have to find them..

#10 Xeylore

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

one of the things i found with that script was that if you had a group of players go up to the body and use the take clothes it would dupe the dead body and items i dont know if its been fixed yet but thought id best post to give a heads up

#11 Bucket

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

This may have been covered, but, I'll bring it up nonetheless..have you or anyone else wanting to wear bandit outfits, considered savaging for them? I know in Elecktro, in the school, or whatever it is across the street from the hospital spawns lots of clothing items. The apartments in Berezino for example, also spawn a ton of clothing. I say this to say, at least they did. I am told the loot table has been changed and they may not spawn as much, but, those were the places to go to get bandit wear. I will also say that you would best served to bring a buddy. Between the AI in the cities, and getting trapped by a zillion zombies (had it happen and the more you shoot, the more they come)it can be dangerous trying to find the bandit wear.

But, isn't that the point? To add some risk to the reward? I just keep feeling like folks just want stuff, but, are not willing to go out and find it..At what point, does the game just get dull because there is no risk..no apprehension about going into a city looking for what you are seeking and then that feeling of "Ha HA!" when you finally find what you are looking for? I had many bandit outfits that I tossed because you can't sell them and other than the terrorist outfit, I didn't particularly care for them.

I have found the bandit, bandit sniper, bandit annie, bandit jane, baklava, takistani warlord that I can immediately remember. They are out there. You just have to find them..

Thanks for your input Craig had said ai wont wear civ clothes thus thought wearing bandit i always tell others were I'm going. With all do respect obviously don't see how many times i die, looking at the patch notes and other web site it's 7% chance and when i try to go to Apt near Berezino or Elecktro my frames drop to 9, I don't know what the problem was over the weekend but i think we all these elevator scripts and such how can this server run 90% over 30 fps with 20 people on.. "I know what i want , and would like to wear its just down right sick" and till the cows come home and all the chickens i eat I will still say we should get some bandit skins, heck i get shot wearing the civ clothes haha. to answer " I just keep feeling like folks just want stuff, but, are not willing to go out and find it..At what point, does the game just get dull because there is no risk." your talking to the guy who runs with nades chasing cows and sheep in Klen I most certainly do know the risk. -b

#12 Enforcer

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

I was against the elevator script as well as I just didn't see why the need for elevators. Why have something so big as to need an elevator. Yea, yea..I have seen some cool things with regard to the elevator but, my view of this game is just different than most. The cool thing about this game is just that..it is different to everyone, but, at the same time, we cannot add everything to the server that anyone wants. My opinion is just that, just my opinion and to summarize, with bandit skins able to be found, I say leave it at that. If the web notes say 7% chance, well, that means checking back frequently. It'll give you something to do. Same as when we were checking every barn, every time looking for chainsaws..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com