Photo

Repair Truck

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Okay, so I wanted to repair an SUV. I pulled up to the SUV, got out of the truck, hopped into the SUV and drove it right next to the repair truck and did not get a prompt to repair. So, maybe I'm using it wrong. I then tried it on a lada and also did not get the option to repair.

My understanding is that you drove your vehicle that needed repair next to the truck and you would get a mouse wheel option to repair vehicle.

So the questions:

Can you repair any vehicle, or helicopter?
Is that indeed how it works?
Does the URAL truck have a separate code than the MTVR. Warrior said the MTVR was working and I was attempting to use a URAL truck.
Does the truck need to be running in a similar fashion as the fuel truck?

I just don't recall it being that much of a deal..

#2 Warrior124

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

I've never got a repair option on my mouse wheel. I would just do what you did, and see a message pop up saying "Repairing". If you check the "Repair" and "Salvage" options you would see the vehicle still needs repairing, but the console on the inside of the vehicle needing repairing will show all green meaning the vehicle is only temporarily repaired.

Edited by Warrior124, 15 September 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#3 gen_stallonee

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

Okay, so I wanted to repair an SUV. I pulled up to the SUV, got out of the truck, hopped into the SUV and drove it right next to the repair truck and did not get a prompt to repair. So, maybe I'm using it wrong. I then tried it on a lada and also did not get the option to repair.

My understanding is that you drove your vehicle that needed repair next to the truck and you would get a mouse wheel option to repair vehicle.

So the questions:

Does the URAL truck have a separate code than the MTVR. Warrior said the MTVR was working and I was attempting to use a URAL truck.

I just don't recall it being that much of a deal..

As far as I know or at least as far as I have tested, it works for ground vehicles only, it may work for helis I am not sure.
Steps:
Drive vehicle that needs to be repaired next to repair truck
Scroll mouse wheel while inside vehicle to repair
Hit repair
Does the URAL truck have a sperate code than the MTVR. Warrior said the MTVR was working and I was attempting to use a URAL truck.
I am not sure if there is a separate code between the trucks, however I can attest to the MTVR truck working for repairs.
No, it does not need to be running.

Hope this helped,
Stallonee

#4 JohnAlan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

you can add a repair script to the server for the repair trucks. Had that script on one of our epoch servers. Works with all vehicles, air, land and sea. I can look through my scripts and see if i can find it if you guys are interested in it. I believe I had both scripts. One that was free and one that cost you to use it, ie.... 2 gold to repair a suv and 4 to repair a chopper.

#5 Warrior124

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

Right now the repair MTVR fixes all the vehicles I've been in. I think I have a repair Ural as well. I'll hop in and see if I still do, and if I do I'll see if it repairs, too. :)

Edited by Warrior124, 16 September 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#6 Warrior124

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Just now got the chance to try out the Ural repair, and it works as well.

#7 Enforcer

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

Okay, thanks guys. I will have to try it out some more. I thought it was a mouse wheel option. I did see a green wrench above my vehicle when I pulled up next to the SUV, and maybe that was it and I didn't even know it. And then I looked at items to repair and they were all still red. I didn't realize that they will still be red, but, the vehicle once inside was good to go...

#8 JohnAlan

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have noticed in the past with my script that repairs made with the script only last until server restart just like admin repairs. There may be some script available out there that will do permanent repairs which have to be written to the database.

#9 SgtBarrett

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'd love to see the Repair Trucks make real repairs that were lasting. Why else buy a repair truck? Can we test JohnAlan's script on the test server for reliability? :applaud:

#10 Enforcer

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

And make the map more easy? Dude, if you can't find some glass, a couple of tires, a fuel tank part etc..you are clearly not ground pounding enough. Let's be real about this..we don't need to make it even easier to keep and maintain a vehicle. Parts are a dime a dozen.

#11 Mrgiggls

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Agreed..and if you have more money than time....all the parts you want are at the nearest vendor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com