Photo

needing support for a player base

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 sniper43

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:19 PM

I was thinking off the wall and would like to offer up a suggestion in regards to the admin v Reg matches. Currently we have an admin base that typically the admin v reg matches end up at. On occasion the roles are reversed and the players get to defend this admin base. and the admins attack it. This is unfair as it was admin built and therefore the admins know the ins and outs of it while players old and new alike have to figure out a way in. i would like to offer up a counter to the admin base in regards to the admin v player match and that being let the players build a base in the same area, on the same island that the admins have. I have scouted out the area and there is room for both bases. This would add a new dimension to the admin v player matches as we could have base to base matches as well as What we do today.!

While I appreciate that we may have a server wipe coming up. I also understand that we may have time to do a PvA  before this happens,.  This should allow us times to build a base and see if it feasible, to that end I am willing to commit 50 briefs and all my building supplies.

Attached Files

#2 birney

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

I am/have been luckily enough to play both on the admin/player team. I must say though that while I cant find how the hell to get into and out of the admin base both as player and 'guest' of admins, I like this idea!!

#3 TomKnollRFV

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

I wanted to see like two convoys going at it too. Players reach a destination and we get some prize..we take out Admins, we get a prize. If admins win; we get nothing...

The Catcher: Neither side gets spawned gear; just bought and paid for gear. So players and admins alike will be on equal terms and paying into the thing..

Though some how I see a black spawn making us all die :P

#4 Randigar

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

There is actcually not enough room due to the object count in the area anymore and it will start to degrade the FPS on alot of machines also if you think we know are own base you would be mistaken we arrive same as you do with little knowledge about the base.

#5 Christopher

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

We could make one in the far north near the bay on the coast, nobody has built in the valley there yet.

#6 Enforcer

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

I like the inlet idea.  North of Hero trader if there is nothing built there already..

And Randigar is correct, I still get confused as hell at the admin goliath..

#7 Thirteen

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Everytime I participate in the PVA, I am totally confused by the base, I am on a character that is ill fit with equipment and still I manage to get you all down. (well until you get me down. LOL)  But If that is the Picture of the admin base that last was at, it's moved and changed again, and that means I don't know what it looks like or how to navigate it.

#8 sniper43

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

the only thing with the inlet is there are bases in the area of it

if it was on the island then most of the pvp would be only there were there are not any players bases out there and its out of the way also

#9 Randigar

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

there are 0 bases at the inlet not sure where your looking at

#10 sniper43

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

ok then how about otmel,drakon,north east of black lake at (030,136),peobeda dam, sliver mountan, or west of kamenka

#11 Randigar

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

if you had a ICBM I might be concerned

#12 Christopher

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

The dam is taken

#13 Enforcer

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

That was Sniper's way of being sassy toward Randigar as there are bases there as well. 

The issue Sniper is currently, there are 900 objects on the island.  If you add a player base as well, that increases the built objects, causing the map to render in that much more, causing players to possibly have issues with fps dropping just when they need a smooth game, going head to head with other players. 

#14 sniper43

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

since we know the wipe is coming soon where do the admins want it to be put

#15 Enforcer

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Depends on the vote.  However, I would suggest putting it wherever there is not already over 900 objects.  Any of the other islands work, the ones just south of there?

#16 Christopher

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

The lighthouse island east of elektro

#17 Toby

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

we need to get this pva done...my very small little base..that is very easy to navigate will be deleted anyway..i mean a guy has to buld ya know.:)

#18 SgtBarrett

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

Toby, lets build another PVA base with gem objects only.  This should allow alot more sq ft of building material and much more various options.

#19 Enforcer

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

I would say wait until the migration..

#20 Bob Dobbs

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

I have a lot of building supplies that you all can have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com