Photo

DZAI heli patrol

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stellarfirefly

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

I'd like to recommend enabling a DZAI air patrol, or possibly two.  However, customize it so that it spawns only an armed Mi17, and not the default Huey.  (I haven't tried any other heli classes, but they should conceivably also work.  I just recommend using well-armored craft so that they aren't pushovers.)  The Huey drops like a fly to even a small amount of LMG or HPR fire, but the Mi17 is well armored and not just an easy turkey shoot, though vehicle weapons or sustained LMG fire will still take it down.  Upon death, 2-3 crew also parachute down, though they do not always survive.

Sample values for dzai_config.sqf:

DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 1;    // or 2, not sure I'd recommend more than that
DZAI_heliList = [
    ["Mi17_DZ",10]
];
DZAI_heliUnitLevel = 3;
DZAI_heliGunnerUnits = 3;

// earlier in config file
DZAI_heliReinforceChance = 0.50;

A heli patrol was quite a challenge on my own server, and I think it will supplement the challenge well for the MoonGamers server.  They may even be configured to reroute and provide air support to ground DZAI spawns, which I also recommend though you can lower the chances to taste.

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the input Firefly, I will look into this. In the past we have seen these guys run crazy across the map and kill (newer players) since they do not have the same base setup as most and deterring from staying. I am not personally opposed to at least 1 being added. I will test it again since the 1.0.6.1 release then put up for a vote with the admin staff, then post in forums. 

#3 stellarfirefly

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Sounds reasonable!

Also if you'd like to make them a bit less harsh than default, you can (a) lower the chances for reinforcement from 50% to something very low such as 5-10%, and/or (b ) extend the respawn timer from 10-15 minutes to for example 60-120 minutes so that they spawn much less often.  Just something to consider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com